Kona Cafe, Contempo Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe....I don't need ADR's right?

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Well I squeezed my question in the thread title. We are heading to WDW next month. Please verify that I don't need ADR's right for these restaurants, right?

if you for sure want to get a table you should make an ADR just to be safe. Contempo Cafe is quick service. you just walk up and order there. But if you want the other 2 for sure, you should make an ADR.

You should make ADRs for Kona and GFC, especially for breakfast or dinner.

CC is QS.

Contempo Cafe is QS, so no need to worry there. Honestly, it doesn't hurt to have an ADR. These places aren't as hard to get an adr for like the character meals, but I like to have an ADR for peace of mind. Even if you get an ADR the day before you want to go to each. We got 4 last minute adrs last week - Cape May dinner, Ohana breakfast, CP breakfast and Teppan Edo dinner. I'd say try for an adr if they're available.

It's always safer to have an ADR for anything sit-down. You don't want to go to Kona or GFC ready to eat to be told there's no availability, even if there are open tables.

I would definitely make a reservation. We've done walk-up at Kona, but during non-peak lunch times. You just never know, however. I was also there when a large convention was taking place at CR and I tried walking up at both the Wave and Kona with no luck (and I was a party of 1!). I then got on my phone and got a last minute ADR at GF Cafe. Even then, it was so busy, I had to wait quite a while to be seated.

Kona and GFC are both very busy at Breakfast and Dinner, ADRS for us would be a must. We have gotten lucky a couple of times for lunch without an ADR, but at like 3:00, but then there have been times when we have had to head to Captain Hooks for QS, but luckily they have good QS options. Contempo Café is a QS

I just tried making an ADR for mid-March at GFC for breakfast, and it showed that there were no available times during the entire length of my stay. Any word on if they are doing refurbs then or anything?

I just tried making an ADR for mid-March at GFC for breakfast, and it showed that there were no available times during the entire length of my stay. Any word on if they are doing refurbs then or anything?
Call. I think both GFC and Kona have taken breakfast offline for some reason, but if you call you can make an ADR.

I do not know why.

Kona for sure!! Our dates for early December are now totally booked up, glad we made them early. Didn't think Kona was that popular but I guess the word is out!

I've done GF Cafe for breakfast without an ADR when we stayed there although if the time is important, I suggest an ADR. Kona Cafe for breakfast or lunch definitely need an ADR. I've seen people turned away especially at breakfast. It's not very big.

To avoid disappointment, its probably best to make ADRs for these. I'm not sure about Contemporary Cafe, but the other two have always had people glaring at diners to finish eating. The wait seems to be annoying without an ADR.

Kona has been packed every time I have been there, I would hate to waste valuable park time waiting to eat any more than I have to.

Making the ADRs really depends on your level of flexibility. If eating at these places is important to you, by all means make the ADRs to secure a spot. If you are just as happy to mosey over to CS if the TS is full, then don't.

Is free dinning time I tried to move around my ADR for the same time period and Kona was not available.

I've also been trying to get breakfast at Kona, and haven't been able to find anything the entire week week we are there, at least nothing before 10:45am and I don't want to eat that late. I would get an ADR just to be sure.

Kona you may need an ADR. We have walked up with no problem before but you never know. The GF Care more than likely you can do a walk up. The GF Cafe is so lovely and I have always enjoyed my meals there.

Think of your ADR as a Fast Pass for dining. Even if you don't need it, it will save you time waiting in line, or finding out there are no times available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter