Known Dining Reservation Issue My Disney Experience.

jf256

Mouseketeer
I don't have a trip booked. But I was mucking about in mde.

I clicked through to dining reservations. There was a loading screen. I'm bored so I thought I'd find out what was wrong as i suspected it was an issue with the UK app..which has been ongoing for a while now.

I thought at least I could report back and see if it could be fixed and maybe help someone out.

Apparently disney are well aware that nobody from the UK can use my disney experience app since the update to book or view available dining reservations. You have to go through the website or call them. This is clunky and puts people at a disadvantage on booking day...especially if they try the app etc.

Nothing on the website highlighting this. I thought I better just let people know.

Not sure if it would work if you tried to modify while in the US or using a vpn. But if you have a trip planned it might be worth trialling this in advance?

Last edited:
It is 99,99% due to geofencing. I am currently in the USA and the app, downloaded from the UK store, works well to book restaurants.
If I turn on my VPV with a UK server, it stops working. If I switch to a USA server it works.

I'll try again once at home in the UK with a USA VPN, just to confirm, if no one else can try before I'm back.

I had the same problem in 2021 with Genie+, which had been just launched. I didn't understand why sometime it worked and sometimes it didn't. Once home, reading the forum, I realized it worked when connected to the Disney WIFI, and it didn't work when in roaming with my UK SIM.
Stupid geofencing.

Last edited:
I managed to make a dining reservation today from the UK using a VPN. I read this post last night so didn't both trying without, I've had problems on previous trips but mainly when trying to book things like dessert parties rather than regular dining and found that the VPN worked then too.

I also experienced the same problem as zavandor with Genie+ on our first trip after Covid. We were staying at Pop and it all worked fine when on the hotel wifi, but I can remember trying to access it on the Skyliner on the way to Epcot and then it wouldn't work. When we got to the park and were back on the Disney wifi it was all fine. Took me a few days to realise the correlation that it didn't work when I was using mobile data which must still give a UK IP address. That said, it all seemed to work fine earlier this year so maybe they have solved that one now.

We had a nightmare booking our 60 + 5 but I think this was due to our account having 3 separate back-to-back hotel reservations on it - including the Swolphin which might have confused the system.

Luckily I managed to get everything I wanted through a phone call and edit what I needed to along the way.

It's a mess of a system. The amount of money people from the UK are spending on tickets, dining and a two week hotel stay. They would rightly be really angry when they get to their 60 days and nothing works - missing out on key things they wanted to do.

It's quite frustrating to hear about the ongoing issue with the My Disney Experience app for UK users. If you ever plan a trip or want to make modifications, give Ivacy VPN a shot. I've found it handy for bypassing location-based restrictions in the past. It might just be the workaround you need to have a smoother experience with Disney reservations.
I don't have a trip booked. But I was mucking about in mde.

I clicked through to dining reservations. There was a loading screen. I'm bored so I thought I'd find out what was wrong as i suspected it was an issue with the UK app..which has been ongoing for a while now.

I thought at least I could report back and see if it could be fixed and maybe help someone out.

Apparently disney are well aware that nobody from the UK can use my disney experience app since the update to book or view available dining reservations. You have to go through the website or call them. This is clunky and puts people at a disadvantage on booking day...especially if they try the app etc.

Nothing on the website highlighting this. I thought I better just let people know.

Not sure if it would work if you tried to modify while in the US or using a vpn. But if you have a trip planned it might be worth trialling this in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter