• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~Know who your neighbors are~~~ Possible Sex Offenders

Mom2Ashli said:
I thought they could not live within so many miles of a park or a school? Or maybe that is a State by State rule. :confused3

We have one that lives down the street from me. He lives 1 1/2 blocks from an elementary school! My DD in middle school walks home, that is why we got her a cell phone.

Our school district sends out flyers with pictures, address and what their conviction was when an offender moves into the district. I wish they would inform us when they moved away too.

For some reason, it did not pull up anything for our neighborhood, but I keep a close watch on our state's sex offender website. There was an offender who lived right across the street from a nearby park. I was always amazed at the parents who let their young (like six and seven yrs old) children go to the park by themselves and stay unattended for hours. :sad2: I even had one neighbor tell me that he and his wife did not want to know that kind of information--even though they had two young daughters who frequently rode their bikes through the neighborhood!

Thank you for this. We just moved out here last month and that had not occurred to me to look that up. Unfortunately, there is a COUPLE less than a mile away that was convicted of "attempt to entice a child"?? What a world we live in...

:scared1: I knew 3 of them on the list near me!!!!! One I knew about, his mom works where I work. He was convicted of statutory(sp?) rape when he was 18 or 19 and his girlfriend was 16 or 17 and her parents pressed charges.

Whate's even scarier is I put in my SIL's address, she lives in a small city in a rural area of NC and there are TONS of dots all around her house, and most of them are offenses against children :scared1: :scared1:

I think I'm going to be sick! One of the men I saw lives in my neighboorhood and his children go to school with mine. I've always known there were sickos out there but I didn't realize how many lived so close to my home. Excuse me now while I go lock my 15 year old daughter in her room!!! :crazy:

Yes, mistakes do happen plus there's also plea bargaining, those that don't get caught, or those who don't register per state law or nonenforcement of the law.

This is not absolute... and neither are the state offender websites.

Still creepy to see all those mapped out, though.

I hate to sound so stupid and uninformed, is there another website that I can look at since I live in PA and it is not available.

Thanks.

Very interesting site... scary too! There are 2 offenders in my neighborhood, got good clear pics of them too, they better stay FAR away from me and my kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter