• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

The EUA approval is from the FDA; I believe the official wording is "FDA approved for emergency use" or something similar. I suspect the phone rep was confused over "FDA Emergency Use Authorization" vs "FDA approved." The tests sold by Inspire are also EUA or even pending EUA, not full FDA approved:

Are your tests FDA approved?

All of our available tests are either currently approved under the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or are pending FDA EUA approval. Tests that are pending EUA have been submitted to the FDA by the manufacturer and are in review by the FDA. In accordance with FDA regulations, tests that are pending EUA approval can be distributed and used in the U.S. under the supervision of a high complexity CLIA licensed laboratory. Inspire Diagnostics has partnered with a number of CLIA laboratories to administer any tests that require such oversight.
Our Access Bio CareStart COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test is currently FDA EUA Approved for use in point-of-care settings under a CLIA certificate of waiver. Our Boditech COVID-19 Rapid Antibody Test is currently pending FDA EUA approval.
Well, looks like I should have scrolled further before responding to the question about this. I agree that the confusion may have been regarding "FDA Approved" via EUA. :)

Here's my take on this. I think that the test is "FDA Approved" via an "Emergency Use Authorization." All the vaccinations and ancillary testing items received an Emergency Use Authorization -- I don't believe that any have what is considered the full, typical "FDA Approval" of other medical devices or medications.

From the way you describe the conversation with Inspire, it could be that the Inspire folks interpreted your question to be "Can I use a test that the FDA hasn't approved at all?" So, the answer to that question was No -- the test has to be "FDA Approved." As the Flowflex is FDA Approved (via an Emergency Use Authorization), it appears to be acceptable.

No, I was quite specific asking if the test said FDA Emergency Use Authorization was acceptable, and the person said no. From all the previous posters, I'm thinking that this person didn't know what they were talking about, but that's scary as Disney is relying on them to clear people to sail.

No, I was quite specific asking if the test said FDA Emergency Use Authorization was acceptable, and the person said no. From all the previous posters, I'm thinking that this person didn't know what they were talking about, but that's scary as Disney is relying on them to clear people to sail.
The people on the phone seem to just be customer service reps. They have basic info in front of them and nothing else. I don't think they have anything to do with the clearing of people to sail.

I would suspect that you are correct and the person you talked to was just mistaken.

I get it -- I just think there was a likely gulf of misunderstanding between what you said and what the person you were speaking with heard and/or what their understanding was regarding an EUA. I plan on using the OP's kind of test for myself. Hope you have a great cruise and all things go smoothly!

Still hoping to use BeeperMD for our testing instead of video link. Strange that no one on here has experience with using them for a cruise as it's one of the last places to get a free test. Video would be a backup.

How do you get your test results to Disney? I’m not a tech person?
15 days before the cruise each adult makes an account with safe passage. At that point you each upload your vax cards. (Take a photo or scan it to the computer.). Once they have approved your vax cards it will say 'clear to arrive'. You can get your COVID test done up to 2 days before your cruise and upload results by midnight before your embarkation day. Jpg and pdf files work. When they approve your test results it will say 'clear to sail.'

Do read the above carefully. I just did and had just a mini-heart attck. My husband usually goes by his middle name. His passport is his full legal name and that is what our cruise documents say. I was, however, worried about what his vaccination card said, as everything must match in terms of name. I did a Simone Biles-style vault with a double back down to the safe to check our cards 😂 Thank goodness when he did his vax card he used his full name, not his middle. So we will be good to go as long as we pass our test. So do read carefully and be sure all your documentation is matching.

Read this carefully - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/before-you-leave-home-u
Do read the above carefully. I just did and had just a mini-heart attck. My husband usually goes by his middle name. His passport is his full legal name and that is what our cruise documents say. I was, however, worried about what his vaccination card said, as everything must match in terms of name. I did a Simone Biles-style vault with a double back down to the safe to check our cards 😂 Thank goodness when he did his vax card he used his full name, not his middle. So we will be good to go as long as we pass our test. So do read carefully and be sure all your documentation is matching.
I totally had this kind of experience when I got my shot -- I have name issues (I go by my middle name, Disney uses my first name, insurance mushes my first and middle name together) and was a complete freak when making sure that the Walgreens woman was filling out my paperwork to document the vaccination. I was so afraid she'd mush the names together as she kept looking at my insurance card and I kept pushing my driver's license at her. Whole thing is so stressful!!

Question about On Point. I have seen people mention having multiple people in an appointment but the website says one person per appointment. Do you purchase multiple appointments but can the schedule everyone at the same time? How does that work?

Question about On Point. I have seen people mention having multiple people in an appointment but the website says one person per appointment. Do you purchase multiple appointments but can the schedule everyone at the same time? How does that work?
You pay for each person testing, but can schedule up to 4 people during 1 appt time.

Hmmm...just checked in the website, you're right it says 1 person/appt....not sure what it used to say.

Last edited:
With OnPoint/HealthTrack does it matter if I enter my insurance information? I checked uninsured, since I’ve already paid for the test and don’t plan to use insurance. Is this a problem?

With OnPoint/HealthTrack does it matter if I enter my insurance information? I checked uninsured, since I’ve already paid for the test and don’t plan to use insurance. Is this a problem?
You should be fine. I didn't enter any insurance info since we had prepaid.

Sorry, I edited my post... website looks different from when I did it in June. I don't see anything mentioning more than 1 person/appt right now. Hopefully someone will post their recent experience booking more than 1 person.

They are kind of mixing up their terms. It's $14.99 per test, not appointment. So you purchase multiple tests in your order, then you make an appointment where up to 4 people can be in the Zoom meeting.

Like, here's the opening snippet from my appointment confirmation email:

====================================================

Event Name: Virtual Testing - COVID OTC (Bring Your Own Kit)

Hello,

(4 CUSTOMER LIMIT PER APPOINTMENT)

Please fill out our patient registration here:

For OnPoint, you purchase (14.99) for each person. After purchasing you only book one appointment. There’s a field for “number of tests” when booking the appointment. You can have up to 4 during that one 15 minute appt.

Sorry, I edited my post... website looks different from when I did it in June. I don't see anything mentioning more than 1 person/appt right now. Hopefully someone will post their recent experience booking more than 1 person.
This is correct. I just bought and scheduled mine yesterday. I purchased 7 tests @$14.99 each and booked 2 appointments. One for 4 people and one for 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter