Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Time Is irreverent (well unless you are testing in the early early AM using tele health that’s in a different time zone)

As long as the results arrive dated the date needed you are good. Yes that means it can technically be like 70ish hrs if you test in Europe & fly west..
I hadn’t thought about that! It is 6am central but on the 19th. Thank you so much for responding, it’s stressful and the more info from those who have experience sure helps. Now on to investigating the wine package on board!

Time Is irreverent (well unless you are testing in the early early AM using tele health that’s in a different time zone)

As long as the results arrive dated the date needed you are good. Yes that means it can technically be like 70ish hrs if you test in Europe & fly west..

Oh, looks like I'm going to be a test case. I opted for the Inspire Diagnostics proctored home test option for Thursday's Wish MV sailing, and took a 12:15am ET Tuesday appt (as in 20 minutes after 11:55pm on Monday). Both I and Port Canaveral are located in that ET time zone.

Oh, looks like I'm going to be a test case. I opted for the Inspire Diagnostics proctored home test option for Thursday's Wish MV sailing, and took a 12:15am ET Tuesday appt (as in 20 minutes after 11:55pm on Monday). Both I and Port Canaveral are located in that ET time zone.
I just called today to ask if they had appointments after midnight as I wanted to test before I got onto the plane. They said 24/7. Just to let you know, I actually called Sunday an 1 pm and left my callback number on my cell. The call was returned 16 hours later!!!!
I also asked what time to get to the port if you were testing there. They said no more than 15 min before your PAT.

FYI

Ok, a question for me. Sailing on a Monday.
DCL Website says "PCR tests must be completed one to 3 days before your sail date. Antigen tests must be completed within 2 days prior to your sail date."

So I could get a PCR test on Friday afternoon? Antigen would need to be no earlier than Saturday?

So I could get a PCR test on Friday afternoon? Antigen would need to be no earlier than Saturday?
Assuming you are cruising from the US or Canada, no. Unvaccinated passengers (children under 5) must have a pre-trip PCR or NAAT test 3 days prior. Vaccinated passengers must submit a pre-trip test from no more than 2 days prior, this test can be a rapid antigen.

From the DCL website, Know Before You Go:

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

Ok, a question for me. Sailing on a Monday.
DCL Website says "PCR tests must be completed one to 3 days before your sail date. Antigen tests must be completed within 2 days prior to your sail date."

That's from instructions specific to what Inspire Diagnostics offers at their onsite locations. The full passage is "Guests can use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal. PCR tests must be completed one to 3 days before your sail date. Antigen tests must be completed within 2 days prior to your sail date."

If you're vaccinated and testing from home before you leave, it's a proctored test within 2 days of sailing regardless of what type of test, and @lanejudy has the link to those details above.

I'm curious if all went well with your appointment time. I was thinking of scheduling the appointment at the same time for our August cruise.

Assuming you are cruising from the US or Canada, no. Unvaccinated passengers (children under 5) must have a pre-trip PCR or NAAT test 3 days prior. Vaccinated passengers must submit a pre-trip test from no more than 2 days prior, this test can be a rapid antigen.

From the DCL website, Know Before You Go:

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

That's from instructions specific to what Inspire Diagnostics offers at their onsite locations. The full passage is "Guests can use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal. PCR tests must be completed one to 3 days before your sail date. Antigen tests must be completed within 2 days prior to your sail date."

If you're vaccinated and testing from home before you leave, it's a proctored test within 2 days of sailing regardless of what type of test, and @lanejudy has the link to those details above.
Ok, thanks for the help! I suppose I'll just be doing a post-midnight test lol!

Sharing a minor update with the OnPoint testing process, as I don’t recall seeing this when I used them in early June. When I uploaded test results to the Safe Passage website last night, this is in the return email I received, with a new sentence I changed to bold font -

Thank you for uploading medical documentation for XXX XXX. Our clinical staff will review your submission within two (2) business days and you will receive an email notification upon completion of the review process. If you are less than two days away from your sail date, please bring this medical documentation with you to the port for verification.

Looks like maybe due to volumes with the new pre-board testing process, those who test one day before rather than two days before may not see the Cleared to Sail before embarkation time. I can see from posts here that the results reviews are taking a bit longer. First time I used them, on the first cruise with the new process, it took 10 hours to have the test results approved. Some more recent cruisers here shared it taking 16 hours to see they are cleared to sail. Not a problem, but good to be aware.

I'm going to ask a potentially dumb question. All of the DCL info says the easiest way to test pre-cruise is with an Inspire At-home test, ordered from the safe passage website. On the Inspire website, it specifically states that DCL customers should login to their safe passage site and order from there. I was finally able to create an account for safe passage now that we are within 15 days of our sailing, but I can't find anywhere to order tests. In the Embarkation Screening section there is an "Order/Upload" button that is greyed out, but nowhere else do I see a way to order tests.

Am I blind? Where do I find the place to order the tests?

I'm going to ask a potentially dumb question. All of the DCL info says the easiest way to test pre-cruise is with an Inspire At-home test, ordered from the safe passage website. On the Inspire website, it specifically states that DCL customers should login to their safe passage site and order from there. I was finally able to create an account for safe passage now that we are within 15 days of our sailing, but I can't find anywhere to order tests. In the Embarkation Screening section there is an "Order/Upload" button that is greyed out, but nowhere else do I see a way to order tests.

Am I blind? Where do I find the place to order the tests?
You need to upload the vax info first and have safe passage approve it (setting your status to clear to arrive), then that option will be available to you.

You need to upload the vax info first and have safe passage approve it (setting your status to clear to arrive), then that option will be available to you.
Ahh. Ok. I uploaded that all this morning. I'm surprised they would require us to wait until there is just 2 weeks before the cruise before giving is that option.

Sharing a minor update with the OnPoint testing process, as I don’t recall seeing this when I used them in early June. When I uploaded test results to the Safe Passage website last night, this is in the return email I received, with a new sentence I changed to bold font -

Thank you for uploading medical documentation for XXX XXX. Our clinical staff will review your submission within two (2) business days and you will receive an email notification upon completion of the review process. If you are less than two days away from your sail date, please bring this medical documentation with you to the port for verification.

Looks like maybe due to volumes with the new pre-board testing process, those who test one day before rather than two days before may not see the Cleared to Sail before embarkation time. I can see from posts here that the results reviews are taking a bit longer. First time I used them, on the first cruise with the new process, it took 10 hours to have the test results approved. Some more recent cruisers here shared it taking 16 hours to see they are cleared to sail. Not a problem, but good to be aware.
I was planning on bringing test results, but that’s really good to know. Thanks for pointing this out.

A quick update on turnaround time for test results approval and Clear to Sail status - it took 27 hours to get that email. I tested & uploaded my results at 07:30pm on Sunday for a Tuesday sail date ( couldn’t test earlier in the day) and was approved/ cleared to sail at 10:30pm Monday evening. So it’s definitely taking a lot longer these days.

I am getting ready to purchase observed testing for our group of 7. I've created my account with OnPoint and want to schedule for next week. Does anyone know if each person getting tested needs their own account?

I am getting ready to purchase observed testing for our group of 7. I've created my account with OnPoint and want to schedule for next week. Does anyone know if each person getting tested needs their own account?
When I scheduled last week, I only needed one OnPoint account to purchase the tests and schedule the appointment, but then each patient needs to create a patient registration with HealthTrack at their cov19.health website. So I created three patient registrations and got emails for those, each with a unique confirmation number. It's my understanding that OnPoint asks for these patient registration codes during your appointment.

Here's the first part of the OnPoint appointment confirmation email where they tell you to do patient registration:

Event Name: Virtual Testing - COVID OTC (Bring Your Own Kit)

Hello,

(4 CUSTOMER LIMIT PER APPOINTMENT)

Please fill out our patient registration here:

https://cov19.health

Sitecode:

ONPTCORP

When I scheduled last week, I only needed one OnPoint account to purchase the tests and schedule the appointment, but then each patient needs to create a patient registration with HealthTrack at their cov19.health website. So I created three patient registrations and got emails for those, each with a unique confirmation number. It's my understanding that OnPoint asks for these patient registration codes during your appointment.

Here's the first part of the OnPoint appointment confirmation email where they tell you to do patient registration:

Hello,

Sitecode:

ONPTCORP
Thanks! I wondered how they would identify each different patient.

Hello,

Sitecode:

ONPTCORP
You are correct. During the appointment they ask for the individual patient registration codes. They also ask for your passport number, so have it handy. And you an do 4 people during a single appointment.

Sorry, I haven't scanned the entire thread, but just wondering if anyone has used BeeperMD for their pre-cruise option? I've used them before and they were great. Their RAT should be sufficient for boarding the WISH, correct?

For on point when did you get that email that talked about the Covid 19 health link. I have not seen that. I signed up weeks ago and paid for the telemedicine visit and booked for Saturday night aug 6 but have not received any confirmation from them and the customer service is useless. Their chat feature is useless and they don’t call you back at all.
More trying to figure out how I’m confirmed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter