Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Did you receive BinaxNow from the government?? We didn't, we got Roche brand tests... BinaxNow is good, because the company has repeatedly tested their test against all the Omicron variants, and published results; they are reliable. I've only see this test for sale on Amazon, but it's obviously just something to buy and won't be proctored. Confused here about the distinction of Self-Test vs. Home Test that was mentioned. Sounds like the same thing to me.
We did! We had 2 orders for 2 separate houses and the one order was BinaxNOW and the other iHealth. We also were able to order BinaxNOW earlier in the year from Walgreens online. We'll use the Binax ones for peace of mind prior to doing the "official" ones when we come home.

I believe you live in Canada and therefore the free RAT we received from the government would not qualify for the Disney cruise as those tests are meant to be done at home and not proctored by a nurse or a doctor. You will need to either purchase the switchhealth test kits from Air Canada that can be supervised by a nurse over the internet or you go to Shoppers or Walmart and pay for the RAT or a PCR test that they Pharmacist administers to you and gives you the results within 15-30 minutes.
I don't know about other provinces but in BC we can get free rapid antigen test kits from most pharmacies and these tests are acceptable for telehealth providers such as azova.com or rapidtestandtrace.ca

There will be more covid on the ship now but that's the risk you take
Which is completely fine as long as disney is prepared to handle an outbreak. Or they’re stating ahead of time (with enough time for people to cancel) that they are no longer quarantine positive cases on board.

I don’t think disney is setting aside tons of rooms on the maiden voyage of the wish for quarantining for instance.

Our family was double Vaccinated and boosted and just got Covid recently and it was not a mild cold situation at all. Very sick, over 102.5 fever for over 48 hours. Body aches, vomiting, fever, horrible throat and cough. Very scary for a bit there.

I’m also waiting for the flexible Covid cancellation policy to go poof with this announcement. So far disney has been taking everyone at their word when it comes to COVID cancellations but with everyone being required to basically test before you get there or buy a test once you get there why wouldn’t DCL say we need a positive COVID test before we refund your money? Not merely symptoms or exposure?

I don't know about other provinces but in BC we can get free rapid antigen test kits from most pharmacies and these tests are acceptable for telehealth providers such as azova.com or rapidtestandtrace.ca
The ones they gave out in Ontario, and my apologies, I had assumed the government gave out the same test kits across Canada, are not the kind that are done with telehealth and we have to go to either Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart to get RAT that are approved for travel or purchase the Switch Health test kits from Air Canada.

The ones they gave out in Ontario, and my apologies, I had assumed the government gave out the same test kits across Canada, are not the kind that are done with telehealth and we have to go to either Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart to get RAT that are approved for travel or purchase the Switch Health test kits from Air Canada.
No it looks like different kits were probably given out across the country. We don't have the option of going to Walmart, Shoppers or Costco in BC for a cheap, in person test :( So at least being able to use a telehealth with the free tests from here makes it much more cost effective.

This is a homerun IMO. Very thankful.

Pay $150 for 6 tests of the BiNax now proctored tests through emed. They come with 2 day shipping. Test two days before your cruise and if someone is positive, you don't fly to the port. No change fees on the flight and you use your tickets for the next vacation.

If the telehealth tests offered through Safe Passage are cheaper, we will go that route.

Bad news doesn't age well. If I can't get on the ship, I want to find that out sooner.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I wonder how this affects B2Bs

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us-checklist/

Know Before You Go Link

"
  • Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. All other fully vaccinated Guests must be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test.

My doctor’s office does rapid antigen tests, and it wouldn’t be difficult for me to get one there. Has anyone seen what documentation would be required to submit? Would a signed letter from the practice indicating the date the test was performed and the result suffice?

Does it say it has to be PCR testing? Because you can get professionally done antigen testing.

That being said I feel like while this will alleviate a lot of stress for travelers I do predict cases to go up on board.

I know for our May 7 fantasy cruise I tested positive right before the cruise as did many others so we were not able to go. However our cruise Facebook group has been flooded with positives since disembarking of people who clearly caught Covid on the cruise. Just positive after positive.
We were on the sailing before and saw the same thing

My doctor’s office does rapid antigen tests, and it wouldn’t be difficult for me to get one there. Has anyone seen what documentation would be required to submit? Would a signed letter from the practice indicating the date the test was performed and the result suffice?
I want to know the same thing as this would be the easiest for many families I bet. I’d be happy to pay a regular appointment copay and bring my own rapid tests!

We are spending 5 days at WDW and then going on two cruises - with two days in between the cruises.
Can I use supervised tests from a Canadian company (https://lifecenters.ca/) even though I need to do the test in the USA?
Because we have two days between our cruises we will have to use one of those days to get tested again - correct?

So - test to get into USA / test two days before first cruise / test as soon as we are off ship to get results for second cruise??

I'm asking to make sure I plan - I'm not complaining.

We are driving from Colorado to Vancouver for our June 13th cruise. We leave Colorado June 1st and have many stops along the way. We plan to enter Canada on June 11th. Will we need to find a place to test in Vancouver or should we plan to bring appropriate tests with us? Since we will be travelling pre-cruise this is all pretty confusing. I have never been this stressed about a trip before. I think it's just the logistics of the testing that is stressing me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter