• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Knott's Berry Farm for a day...

For the last couple of years we have done one day at Knotts, we have been on both weekend (crazy ) and weekday. This year, in fact just two weeks ago we were there aon a Monday and it was not busy at all. And we were done and ready to leave by 5.30pm. We got everything that we wanted done. On the weekend however not so much. I have never done grad night at Disney , but if it meant it would be crazy busy then I would chose Knotts. I like Disneyland better, but Knotts has its own charm and it is fun. I like to think of Knotts as my relaxing park day.

Knotts is OK. It is hit or miss for some people but there is a lot of fun to be had there. They have the new Iron Reef attraction opening soon, so they may be busier than normal. Forget what day it opens.

I personally wouldnt alter our schedule around grad nights unless we were still going to have plenty of time in the parks.

We love Knotts if it isn't too crowded. We went on a weekday last year during the fall and walked onto every single ride! Our little kids loved Camp Snoopy and it is was great to get in some big coasters and not have to wait in lines or figure out fast passes. However we went again later during the summer and it was a totally different story, crowded and lots of teenagers enjoying their summer break. So for us it depends on the season and day of the week. Personally I wouldn't give up any day at Disneyland for a crowded day at Knotts but on a not so crowded day it was a great break from the lines at Disneyland.

I was at DLR last year for 2 or 3 grad nite days and didn't notice any difference. Knott's is nice but I would not choose it over DLR.

It's a nice trip for a day . . as most have already said. Plus the convenience of ART having a bus going from Disneyland to Knott's makes it a nice break too.

I'm not a huge fan of Knott's. It's not the same quality as Disney parks. It's okay for a short visit on a not crowded day, but it just seems not as clean to me. I've been on grad nites and the crowds aren't that much different than on a regular summer day (just more teenagers than usual). If you have older kids or teenagers, it's probably good, but if you have little kids, there isn't that much there to do (except Camp Snoopy or whatever it's currently called). If you're going as adults only, it depends mostly on if you like thrill and carnival-like rides or not.

Knott's over a grad night any day, unless it happens to be a weekend. I'd rather have FP in that case. Lines will be long in both places.

And I don't really get the 'dirty' sentiments. It's a nice park, and it's clean. It's definitely not Disney quality, but for $40, what do you expect? It's a nice park, and a great value.

We did one day at Knott's and the first thing I noticed was the amount of gum on the pavement! Haha, it looked like my old high school. And there was a higher teen population there for sure. So it's kind of the same atmosphere as a Grad Night at Disneyland. The roller coasters were so fast and awesome, especially the one that looks like you are riding a horse and the one where the cars look like old Chevys that goes totally vertical. They'll make you scream like no Disney ride can!! I would suggest enjoying the first few quiet hours of the morning at Disneyland and then taking the shuttle at noon or so over to Knott's for a few hours of fast coasters and Boysenberry Funnel Cake that I seriously still dream about more than a year later!! I would still add that day to my Disneyland ticket, because they hardly charge for the extra day once you're past three, and then you can go back into Disneyland at night if anyone can still walk.

If you like real roller coasters, Knott's is a blast. A lot of kid rides as well and the food is fantastic. Its not DL though so you don't get that feeling of being in a completely different world that you can get at DL but its still a really good time. Also its cheaper than DL. We personally enjoy Knott's a great deal and go every year.

Knotts is popular for the numerous fast rides for older kids. For some locals, that tire of DL, they have moved on to Knotts. We were there with visiting family with our 2 year old. The only thing we can do is walk around and Camp Snoopy -- Which isn't very big. Knotts is cute with its western theme but I am spoiled by DL. Basically, at DL you constantly see trash and bathrooms maintained, Knotts not do much. It's not a deciding factor. I just noticed. You can't really complain because it's significantly cheaper than DL.

Fried Chicken and boysenberry would be the food must if interested.

In my opinion, Knott's is the park who's theme is between Disneyland and Magic Mountain.
Knott's has the coasters like Magic Mountain yet some themed rides like Calico, Log Jammer, and the new 4d shooting gallery dark ride.

Hmmmm, this may come down to a coin toss.

I'm definitely not a DL regular, and have never been to Knott's Park. I don't mind the teenagers, unless things get really rowdy or out of hand. I've only been to DL a couple of times over the last 5 years, so my experience with the area is not great. Again, I appreciate all of your help! :flower3:

The teenagers were all very well behaved! It was just a different population after the TONS of families with little kids in Disneyland. We took the ART bus over from the Disneyland transportation center or whatever on Harbor and had no problems taking it back in the late afternoon, the stops were pretty easy to find, even with no previous knowledge of the process. I loved the merchandise at Knott's in the Frontier themed areas, but the strip mall shopping situation out front did not tempt me. There was a blacksmith who would make pretty cool custom souvenirs, right there while you watched! Especially if Disneyland is busy, I think it would be a nice break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter