Kiz, Jem and Jims adventure along the Rio Grande PTR

I've just finished laminating luggage tags for our suitcases and bag :goodvibes Another thing off the list.
I've picked up some other small bits like toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner too so I haven't a huge amount left to get. What's stumping me is pajamas for DD - I found one set of Minnie Mouse ones in Penneys (Primark) but they are only ok so I didn't purchase. There are of course lovely ones in smaller sizes. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled :)
I am also sitting down next week, budget in hand and choosing restaurants and making a couple of ADRs.
43 sleeps to go :cool1:

I got DDs PJs!! :cheer2: :cool1:
Im making up some new bows and tinkering around with shapes / types so expect to see pics today - cameras all charged and ready to go :dance3:

DS also started school today - he had a great day yay! will post a pic of them all ready for school this morning :goodvibes

Loving your TR so far! I want to start mine... but will hang on in for a few more months! ;)

Love the autograph books! Which pj's did you get for DD? Was going to suggest Tesco or Asda - they do fab ones!

Loving your TR so far! I want to start mine... but will hang on in for a few more months! ;)

Love the autograph books! Which pj's did you get for DD? Was going to suggest Tesco or Asda - they do fab ones!

I got her cute Minnie ones in Penneys (Primark), Tesco didn't have anything in her size and unfortunately we don't have Asda. I raided the one near my brothers the last time I was over to see him in London though - they're kids range is fantastic!!
You wont feel the time flying though! Our ticker started at a little under 7 months! (Or 27 weeks and 3 sleeps or 192 sleeps total! > down to 36 now :goodvibes:cool1: )

Think we're decided on meal now! Will post an update shortly x

Yay for 36 more sleeps!! I've finally gotten around to taking pics of bits I've made so here goes:::

These are hair bows I've made for Jem - she is Disneybounding instead of wearing costumes and has choosen to do Marie, Minnie Mouse, Anastasia from Cinderella and the Queen of Hearts. I made Boutique bows and made bottle cap pendants for them. It was looooooooooooooooads of work but she loves them. She also has Marie and Minnie ears so she can change it up during the day.

Next up are luggage tags which I cant take the credit for - they are from the creative board - I did laminate them though! We have one each for suitcases, bags and one for the backpack.

Our vouchers arrived yesterday for TGI Fridays!! The kids haven't eaten here before and I think it will be a nice option for starting our holiday off in style! On a side note > aren't Tesco vouchers a great idea! It helps save a few bob and the food is yum! Plus across from the shopping centre and right near our hotel for the night before we fly so it will be handy to punch in a little time browsing the shops then have dinner and head to the hotel for an early night!

So that brings us nicely onto meals!
I've made some decisions on this and heres our run of events::
Monday > La Cantina
Tuesday > Inventions
Wednesday > Lucky Nugget for lunch, McDonalds for dinner
Thursday > Rainforest Cafe.
Lunch on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will be from any of the CS we haven't tried yet and hopefully Thursday will be at VdE

My to do list is looking healthy now too!!

TO DO
Crystal DDs converse.
Buy a new eyebrow pencil.
Pack!
Sort out my clothes for DLP
Find plug adaptors.
Print documents.
Make ADRs

Not too bad! Hoping to make reservations this week and to gem up DDs converse. Thanks for reading along
Kiz
x

WOW! I wish I was as crafty as you! Love your creations!

32 sleeps :banana:
:banana: Its almost time to start our countdown calender :yay:
I have my lists started for packing / plans and it feels real now eeek!

This day 4 weeks we'll be on the road :)
Starting our countdown tomorrow - will post them each day so you guys can count down the days with us. Super excited!
Plus I found our SD cards and made meal reservations :yay:

We are finally at the beginning of our countdown calender!! :yay:
The kids were bouncing around with excitement this morning and this is our 1st countdown day

See you tomorrow for the 2nd day!!

Good mornin' :wave:

I've woken to a nasty head cold so I'm writing this from my bed :(

I did get up to turn the next page of the countdown calender though and here it is :) Its a non planning day today so ideal for having a rest! I've done some countdown calender days that we do things - like pack, attach luggage tags, print documents and some that are just characters saying hi. Hope everyone is well and thanks for reading along :)

Funny I should wake up as SNEEZY! :spin::d:

Well hello there! Its a miserable Wednesday here in Ireland but we are counting down the sleeps to DLP and have a hectic day today - DD has her 1st dentist appointment and also has her 1st meeting for her Holy Communion tonight! Busy busy and still snuffley but getting better I hope!

Heres our todays countdown! We are packing these tonight :D

Good evening :)

Today we had Berlioz, Toulouse and Marie to help us countdown and it put us all in good form going out the door this morning.

Hope everyones having a good Thursday, I've hit the midweek slump and I'm looking forward to a Saturday morning lie in :yay:

This is just adorable!!!

I love all the little things you and your kids are doing in prep for this trip!!!

Thanks for posting! popcorn::

I'm doing a bumper post today! Not out of laziness ::yes:: or because I have a hangover ::yes:: but because the weekend was hectic :drinking:

So Friday was a funny message from Eugene... I do hope they don't start going around licking things at DLP... What have I started :confused3

And Saturday was a bouncy Tigger reminding us to pack our pens.. really must do this!!

And then we had Simba this morning who told us to talk plans and that we did, at 7am over a bowl of wheaties (and paracetemol for me - although our chat did more for me then the painkillers!!).

We chatted roughly about what each day was going to pan out like and the kids were a little miffed that iasw is closed but super excited that Buzz and BTM are open and about all the extra Villains that will be about and they were very excited when I said we'd get the train to Val D'Europe (they love trains!) one afternoon. We also made one super important rule - Mickey shaped biscuits for the Cookie Kitchen with hot coco are THE LAW for the nights we watch Dreams!

So I'm off to watch X Factor and have an early night. Thanks for reading along xx

This is just adorable!!!

I love all the little things you and your kids are doing in prep for this trip!!!

Thanks for posting! popcorn::

Wow thanks so much for your kind words! :flower3:
We are really getting into the swing of it now! The calender is a great source of excitement in the mornings - I'm on the look out for some printables for the kids to bring / do while we are there that have a leaning towards being educational so maybe their teachers won't mind them missing that week of school :guilty:
And I'm writing their absence notes tonight so hopefully I will get a good reception, fingers crossed!

Evening! Today was James' 1st long day at 'big' school and we had the 7 dwarves to remind us about sending in notes for their absences.

Both teachers were fine with and I requested Jemma's homework in advance plus asked if she could do anything else so as not to fall too far behind (and lessen my guilt, make it look better! :upsidedow ) No need to request homework for James as he doesn't get any until the new year :)

So this slimy thing greeted us this morning :goodvibes

We love love love Monsters Inc and Roz is a favourite!! I've printed everything and the kids are going to help me pack them in the suitcase or rucksack tonight :):cool1:
Just doing out my to do list at the minute. Loads done, loads to do!! Cannot wait to cuddle up with hubbie and watch some films tonight. May even watch Peter Pan with the kids as its a rainy day here. Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and thanks for reading along :D

I absolutely LOVE your countdown calendar!!! Can I steal a copy? ;)

I am so excited about YOUR trip... I feel like I am on countdown too, can I come please? :thumbsup2

Afternoon guys :wave:
So you are getting a bit of an exclusive today as the kids havent even seen this one yet!!

I'm waiting until the homework and dinner are done with so we can download some songs and make our CD.
Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday (hurry up weekend!!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter