KiteTails

cvg813

Earning My Ears
Well KiteTails was entertaining as always today. One of the characters ended up in the lake and another broke upon take off. No wonder it’s ending in a few weeks.

So I've been not really paying attention, mainly because I haven't cared... but seeing KiteTails mentioned every so often (basically to say how much it's not working)

Can you give me a basic run down of what exactly this is supposed to be so I can watch for it next week?

Final performance on the 26th.

So is it like a "sit and watch" requiring thing, or can you just sort of see it while walking on the path?
You can see it from anyplace you can see the lake, so we’ve watched it from the tables behind the Drinkwallah at the corner to Asia, and there are some areas of the Flame Tree BBQ seating area that would have a nice view (and much more shaded than the stadium!).
Has there been any mention of what's replacing it?
Not so much a replacement as a revision so that it’s shorter, happens more frequently and can be enjoyed from multiple view points. The narration for the current version is difficult to hear from the areas I mention above, and my impression is that the audio will be easier to hear from everywhere the show can be viewed.

So I've been not really paying attention, mainly because I haven't cared... but seeing KiteTails mentioned every so often (basically to say how much it's not working)

Can you give me a basic run down of what exactly this is supposed to be so I can watch for it next week?
A bunch of castmembers fly kites in the auditorium stands while you sit there and watch them. Then there's a few minutes of big kites being dragged behind boats. There's some music. Sometimes the kites crash or break and that can be exciting. That's about it.

A bunch of castmembers fly kites in the auditorium stands while you sit there and watch them. Then there's a few minutes of big kites being dragged behind boats. There's some music. Sometimes the kites crash or break and that can be exciting. That's about it.
Thank you- that was what I felt like I had pieced together... it's just so hard to believe that was really a thing. It seemed like I had to be missing something. :confused3

After that description I’m going to make some time to watch it! Maybe we will get a crash while eating at Flame Tree, Yum!

After that description I’m going to make some time to watch it! Maybe we will get a crash while eating at Flame Tree, Yum!
That’s how I watched it. It’s worth it as something mildly interesting while eating lunch, but I wouldn’t go just for the show. My 3 year old kind of liked it while we were eating anyway.

We've seen it several times.
Not the best show, but not the worst they've had.
It was a nice short break in the day.
Hadn't read that it was closing.
Always felt bad for the drivers as that lagoon was too small for that show.

I actually enjoy it, it's a nice break in the day. I really enjoyed the sort of pre-show where one of the jet skis comes out and explains what is going to happen. The part about the kites crashing is so funny in the explanation.

My favorite Kite Tail story happened when the show was new and I was excited to see it. Dragged DH and a friend across AK, only to discover that it get cancelled due to high winds. It was our first trip with Genie and the shows were still listed. When I pointed this out to a cast member, she said: "I guess no one told Genie".

Kite Tails is to the other WDW shows as Barnstormer is to Rise of the Resistance in WDW attractions!lol:)

I've seen the show about 20 times and only witness a kite failure once (two elephant kites got tangled). It is an amazing show and really fun. Sad that they are cutting the shows.

It's not ending. They are just going to stop doing scheduled shows and it'll be like random ongoing shows throughout the day.

I NEED to know what was worse!! Wait…..did it involve chainsaws?? LOL
That would have to be the 1st version of the bird show when they changed it to add the UP characters.
Look for it on Youtube. It makes the kites look amazing.

see we want to see this show because of the unpredictability of it all. We think the landings of the kites on the bleachers are great and are part of the entertainment. I guess we are quirky and find the crash landings and other things that happen to be kind of cool/entertaining. We aren't going until August and are sad we won't be able to see it unless they are keeping some version of the show which I really am hoping for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter