Kings at Wilderness Lodge?

acamusic

Mouseketeer
I currently have a reservation for POFQ in a king room for the week after Thanksgiving. We are leaving the kids at home on this trip and so I am considering upgrading to the WL if there is a room only discount promotion released in the next few months.

BUT I've heard there are very limited king rooms there. Is that true? I haven't stayed at a deluxe resort since I was 9 (Poly, '83) so I'm looking for a great reason to do it--and a good deal to sweeten the pot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Unfortunately a king bed is not a bookable category at WL. We have stayed there numerous times and always request a king bed but have never gotten one. We always book courtyard view, so maybe there are no king beds in that category.

Last edited:
The previous post is correct: you can't book a King specifically. However, if you're interested in a King room and are really wanting the full "deluxe" experience at WL, you might want to consider a Honeymoon Room. There are only 4 and they're all on the Club Level floor, so they're more expensive than a standard room, but they're a definite King and also have a gigantic jacuzzi tub as well as a tree-line balcony view of the MK fireworks from two of the rooms (you can request this -- we did and got one). I don't know what your budget is, but I can speak from experience and say they're definitely worth the upgrade price! :)

I stayed at the WL last year. I was able to get a King at the Woods view Rate. Not sure if this was the time of year I booked, it was July 30-Aug 6. The room was actually an accessible room, but had an amazing courtyard view. Here is the room code: Courtyard WchrAcc RollIn OptHr K.

If you would to see a pic of the room here is my tripAdvisor page, click here.

Last edited:

There are regular King bed rooms at WL, but as others have mentioned they are not a bookable category. Many (although not all) of these rooms are handicapped accessible, which means they have a roll in capable shower and no bathtub. We got one of these rooms with a courtyard view for our honeymoon, and it worked out well. The tub is more important than the bed size for some people though. We have also had non handicapped accessible King rooms that are woods view off the lobby, but since you can't guarantee a king bed there is a good chance you'll wind up with Queens or a King Handicapped Accessible room, so it is a good idea to use requests to make it clear what's most important to you.

OMG! We switched our reservation from the CBR to the WL a few months ago for the 'deluxe' experience. My husband is 6'5" and 270 lbs. There is NO WAY we would fit in a Queen bed (and I'm small!). I just read this thread and am pitching a fit over possibly ending up in a HA room!!!! I travel a lot and have stayed in rooms like that before. They either have NO counter in the bathroom or something so small you have to get ready in shifts. I talked to a reservation agent and specifically asked for a King Woods View room. Are you guys telling me that 1) We might not get a King room and 2) If we do, it will be HA!? I can't believe I dropped that much money on an HA room. Steaming mad right now....

OMG! We switched our reservation from the CBR to the WL a few months ago for the 'deluxe' experience. My husband is 6'5" and 270 lbs. There is NO WAY we would fit in a Queen bed (and I'm small!). I just read this thread and am pitching a fit over possibly ending up in a HA room!!!! I travel a lot and have stayed in rooms like that before. They either have NO counter in the bathroom or something so small you have to get ready in shifts. I talked to a reservation agent and specifically asked for a King Woods View room. Are you guys telling me that 1) We might not get a King room and 2) If we do, it will be HA!? I can't believe I dropped that much money on an HA room. Steaming mad right now....

1. Yes, possible you won't.
2. Not necessarily as stated above.

From my past experience, nothing is wrong with a HA room. If anything it provides more space to move around. Also depending on what time of year you go, I'm not sure if you want to take a bath... And having one sink might be an issue for some, but I think that's common in most other hotels (our counter was a decent size). Unless you were expecting a suite a HA room is great, we had a beautiful courtyard view. Disney did a good job in making HA just as nice as regular rooms- as it should be.

1) Ask for "JR", "JZ", "J8", "XJ", or "8J" room codes.
. . . accessible
. . . tub, and not roll-in shower
2) Within these codes are some King Beds, if available.
3) You have a good chance at a King.

NOTE: "J" is the resort code for WL rooms. There are only two room types at WL that are not "J" Codes.

Pollyanna, as much as it would stink to have to change resorts, if I were you and didn't want to take a chance on not getting a king, I would book a moderate. At least that way you'd know for sure. That said, I think it's crazy that King beds aren't a book able category for the deluxes. :sad2:

On two separate occasions I had requested a king bed at WL. When I was checking in, I asked if I had a king bed. Was told no, but they were able to locate one and put me in it. I wouldn't count on this if it's that important to you.

The second time I had reserved a standard view room and when I asked about the king bed the CM checking me in told me there weren't any in standard view. I offered to pay the difference to upgrade to the woods view with a king bed but she didn't make me pay. That was nice of her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter