• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Kingdom Keepers" by Ridley Pearson

chrome64

Imagineer at Heart
I just finished reading "Kingdom Keepers" by Ridley Pearson and I just have to say, if you haven't read it yet, you should.

It was a great book and I just started reading it this morning and was unable to put it down. But I do have a few questions.

So, If you haven't read it yet... Stop reading here and go buy the book. Come back after you finish it and let me know if you have any answers to my questions.

If you have read it... Read on

Does anyone know if there is really any sort of connection between Walt Disney and MC Escher? Is there something similar to Escher's Keep in the castle? Does anyone actually know how to get to Walt's appartment in the castle?

Next, does anyone know how the garbage collection thing actually works in the Magic Kingdom? I know that they use the garbage shoot thing in the utilidors but, How does the garbage get there? A couple of weeks ago, I was in the Magic Kingdom and started investigating this because, it occured to me that I had NEVER seen anyone change a garbage bag out of a garbage can. So, I'm thinking well maybe they have a way of taking the garbage out beneath the garbage cans so that we don't see it. To test this theory, DH and I moved a garbage can in Tomorrow Land to find that it was normal everyday pavement underneath. HOW DO THEY DO IT???

Next, is there an appartment over the Firehouse? I don't remember ever reading anything about this but, as I told DH, Pearson describes everything so well that you can't help but wonder if, even the things that we are not familiar with, are true!

Next, Anyone have any idea who Amanda and Jess are in the book? He never really answered that question they just left it up to the reader. I have a few guesses but, I'd like to hear what you all have to say first. Maybe one of you know the answer without me having to guess.

Jail cells under Pirates?? I have to assume that that is not true but, is it based off some fact? Does anyone know what lies beneath? Is it just the normal Utilidors? Is there a tunnel connected to the Pirates playing chess?

Now, I'm always going to wonder when a ride goes down for refurb!!! You know that Buzz Lightyear is down right now... Makes you think!

My DH is currently reading the book and just turned to me and said that forever more when we ride "It's a Small World" we will have to ride with a big smile on our face!

Anyone know why the DHI's are so famous??? I mean we see tour guides and other cast members all the time and I never rush them for autographs. Any idea why suddenly these holographic people would be so famous? Is it just becuase it is a cool new technology? I really didn't understand that part although if nothing else, it helped other parts of the story make sense.

Do local schools really get bussed over for special events like MNSSHP? Do they pay the same price for tickets and is there a certain night that they do this? (may want to make future plans to avoid those nights!).

Private Parties inside the Magic Kingdom??? Do they really do this? If so, who is having private parties? How much does something like that cost? How do I get on the invite list?

Also, I saw on some other thread that someone said that it was the first book in a trilogy. Where did that information come from? I know that "Peter and the Starcatchers" is the first in a trilogy but, I can't find anything that says that this is as well. I hope so, because I tore through this book so quick that I am hungry for more!

Which brings me to another point... If you haven't read "Peter and the Starcatchers" yet, you simply must rush out and buy it! I have been a "Peter Pan" fan since birth. I have read JM Barrie's book at least 30 times and I can never get enough of it. It is an timeless tale, in many ways. I was skeptical when I saw that someone had attempted to write a prequal to a classic like "Peter Pan." While they do deter slightly from some of the facts written by Sir Barrie, They also manage to provide a valid possibility for so many questions left unanswered in the original. I loved the book and will recommend that anyone read it and then go read the original "Peter Pan" as well!

OK, that's all for now! I can't wait to hear your responses as I really want to know!!!

Now, if you haven't read the book yet but you continued to read to this point... Shame on you, now you have to go buy the book to find out what I'm talking about!

This is the what....875798658th thread on this subject? It's getting to the point of where I actually want to read the book.

No offence to ya chrome, I'm just getting sick of having another one of these threads every other week.

MuNkY said:
This is the what....875798658th thread on this subject? It's getting to the point of where I actually want to read the book.

No offence to ya chrome, I'm just getting sick of having another one of these threads every other week.

Actually, I did a search on the DIS as soon as I finished the book. I didn't find any decent threads on the subject. If you can direct me to them, I would love to read them!

sorry, i dont have time read all of your questions right now, cuz i have class but for one of your questions, yes there is an appartment over the fire station i believe there is one in DL as well... i will read the rest later and hopefully have answers

for the parties, i think if you pay them enough money, they will do anything for you. like for a wedding i think they can close down the magic kingdom, or atleast like the castle for around $50,000(that is if you want to get married in the cinderella castle) and im pretty sure that if you have the money disney will pretty much do anything for you, just like anything else in this world...lol

lets see...

chrome64 said:
Does anyone actually know how to get to Walt's appartment in the castle?

as far as my knowledge goes, there is no compartment in the castle. the only "room" in the castle is the one tinker bell uses nightly for the fireworks.

chrome64 said:
Next, does anyone know how the garbage collection thing actually works in the Magic Kingdom? I know that they use the garbage shoot thing in the utilidors but, How does the garbage get there? A couple of weeks ago, I was in the Magic Kingdom and started investigating this because, it occured to me that I had NEVER seen anyone change a garbage bag out of a garbage can. So, I'm thinking well maybe they have a way of taking the garbage out beneath the garbage cans so that we don't see it. To test this theory, DH and I moved a garbage can in Tomorrow Land to find that it was normal everyday pavement underneath. HOW DO THEY DO IT???

disney may be magical, but it isnt THAT magical. yes, they do have normal people change the garbage. ive seen them do it..and happened to think he was cute XD. there really is an "underground city" though, just like the book said.

chrome64 said:
Next, is there an appartment over the Firehouse? I don't remember ever reading anything about this but, as I told DH, Pearson describes everything so well that you can't help but wonder if, even the things that we are not familiar with, are true!

yes, there is an appartment above the firehouse. this was walt's appartment, but as we all know, he never used it.

chrome64 said:
Next, Anyone have any idea who Amanda and Jess are in the book? He never really answered that question they just left it up to the reader. I have a few guesses but, I'd like to hear what you all have to say first. Maybe one of you know the answer without me having to guess.

i just think theyre fictional characters made to give the story a little more of a twist. though i have to say, i think their parts couldve been left out of the story.

chrome64 said:
Jail cells under Pirates?? I have to assume that that is not true but, is it based off some fact? Does anyone know what lies beneath? Is it just the normal Utilidors? Is there a tunnel connected to the Pirates playing chess?

you have to remember, its a story. no matter how much we wish it wasnt. i dont believe there are "secret jail cells" beneath pirates. why on earth would they need those? i mean, maybe there ARE jail cells because they thought they were going to use them in the ride and never did. the only secret passage ways are for the CM's.

chrome64 said:
forever more when we ride "It's a Small World" we will have to ride with a big smile on our face!

i honestly never wanted to ride it again, but i went on for my nephews sake, and smiled the whole time. i actually counted the suns. the one in the south america scene isnt as big as the hawaiin one. i wonder why they didnt use that one...?

chrome64 said:
Anyone know why the DHI's are so famous??? I mean we see tour guides and other cast members all the time and I never rush them for autographs. Any idea why suddenly these holographic people would be so famous? Is it just becuase it is a cool new technology? I really didn't understand that part although if nothing else, it helped other parts of the story make sense.

i honestly thought that was the stupidest part of the book. i dont think a bunch of 13yos would be that famous because they do what i could do now without getting paid. really, theyd be recognized, but not as famous as they made it out to be.

chrome64 said:
Do local schools really get bussed over for special events like MNSSHP? Do they pay the same price for tickets and is there a certain night that they do this? (may want to make future plans to avoid those nights!).

no, they dont do that. im sure they allow field trips, but i dont think they allow a whole school to be bussed over for a special halloween night.

chrome64 said:
Private Parties inside the Magic Kingdom??? Do they really do this? If so, who is having private parties? How much does something like that cost? How do I get on the invite list?

yes, there are private parties. have you ever been to epcot and seen that "parade" of people walking through all dressed up? thats a specially reserved party. sometimes they have dinner parties, other times it could be a business meeting, or a wedding. i know they have a walt disney world dinner club, where you get to eat inside the rides (ie: the haunted mansion, etc.) but yes, there are private parties. your best bet for fiding info is asking the DVC or emailing someone on disneyworld.com.

chrome64 said:
that it was the first book in a trilogy.

it is. the ending was horrible, id hate for them to honestly end it there.

--

on my own note: i didnt enjoy it as much as i hoped to. i felt like i could write it better. there were a lot of mistakes pertaining to park hours, and bus routes (ie: you cannot take a bus from the magic kingdom to the magic kingdom's transportation and ticket center, in the book it said you could.) i expected more, and was a little more than dissapointed.

Amanda and Jez r witches atleast i think so :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter