King sized beds

tooh8ful

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are booked for free dining at POFQ September 14-25th. I booked a standard room but I would like to switch to a King size bed. The upcharge is around $650. For that much I want to be close to the food main building. Does anyone know if the King bedrooms are also preferred rooms? If not, where they are located?

I am not sure what you mean by preferred rooms. POFQ does not have that room category. King rooms are located in all buildings and could have standard, garden, pool or river views. If you decide to reserve a king room, add a request to be "near food" or "near main bldg."

As pp mentioned, POFQ is a very small resort and the main building is centrally located. It's an easy walk from any room location IMO.

Enjoy your stay! POFQ is our favorite moderate resort.

$650 difference for a King seems pretty steep, no? I've priced out moderates so many times and it just seems like I end up justifying the extra 5-10% increase and stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Nowhere is an especially long walk at French Quarter like others have said--everywhere is "preferred" lol. I second the building 4 rec though, I enjoyed that building the time I stayed there because I was right at the back door of the food court.

We had a King bed in room 5123 a few years back, I believe it was considered a preferred room due to the water view and being a corner room. Our TA took care of the requests. In our case we specifically did not want to be near the pool so it worked out great. We were plenty close to the food court.

We had a King bed in room 5123 a few years back, I believe it was considered a preferred room due to the water view and being a corner room. Our TA took care of the requests. In our case we specifically did not want to be near the pool so it worked out great. We were plenty close to the food court.
POFQ doesn't have a preferred category. Preferred rooms are a bookable category at the larger resorts and are almost always rooms closer to the lobby. POFQ is so small that there's no need.

My husband and I are booked for free dining at POFQ September 14-25th. I booked a standard room but I would like to switch to a King size bed. The upcharge is around $650. For that much I want to be close to the food main building. Does anyone know if the King bedrooms are also preferred rooms? If not, where they are located?
King rooms can be in any of POFQ's 7 buildings. As others have posted there isn't a Preferred room category at POFQ. We have always stayed at POFQ and can attest nothing is far away from the lobby or bus stop.

$650 difference for a King seems pretty steep, no? I've priced out moderates so many times and it just seems like I end up justifying the extra 5-10% increase and stay at Wilderness Lodge.
5-10% would only be like $20-$40 difference. It's normally like $200 more per night between Mod and Regular Deluxe and $300+ compared to Epcot or MK Deluxes. Example: POFQ for OP dates is $313 and WL is $532 for RO.

We always book a package and so if you include park tickets, magic maker, etc. it's pretty close. I just looked up a Saturday to Saturday trip in September and WL came in at 6,058 and POFQ was 5421, Caribbean Beach was 5217.

You're right that it's more than 10% difference but for us the extra 600-800 bucks for a boat ride to MK is worth it when you're going to have a total spend (including food and transportation) of 7500+ for your trip. We also drive so that's a factor for us. YMMV

I guess my mileage did vary. LOL I ran just a package and still came up with $1400 difference over 7 nights, 9/7 - 9/14 CBR 3,741 & WL 5,157 and a 7, 8... day ticket will cost the same no matter which resort you choose and the same with Maker etc. I was just wondering if you knew of a discount that I do not, so you could share. :chat:
Our family went the other way LOL and started staying at POP or POFQ because we just cannot find the value in paying so much more $$$$ for a deluxe, but that is what is soooo great about WDW, they give you a lot of great resorts to choose from. We went through our Deluxe faze and once they were $500+ we did more Mods or POP. We also drive to WDW but rarely ever use our van to drive to a park, we find the transportation very good at WDW and have no issues using the buses and really love the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter