King Kong scary line

My sister and I went on this ride for the first time in Nov 2017. It was within the first 45 mins of opening and there was nobody in front of us in the regular line. BUT, it was pitch black in that queue. I had to feel along the wall to find my way. I wished I had had a flashlight. We rode the ride, liked it and got on to ride a second time. This time the queue was still dark but we could see where we were going at least. Didn’t notice any scare actors. Has anyone else gone in where it is pitch black? I think I actually ran into a wall once. :scared:
Yes! It was so dark that for a few seconds I thought I was in the wrong place! I started walking back and found some other people in line behind us. It was disconcerting!

Oh geez we have a 5 and 9 year old with us, this could be an issue... i better youtube it so i will know when its supposed to happen.
That ride is terrifying for kids. I asked the person at the entrance if it was scary and she said "No! Not at all!" OMG I am so glad I didn't trust her. I went on it by myself first and am soooo glad I didn't try to take my daughter on it. I don't know what kind of person could actually say "That's not a scary ride for kids" unless you are a sociopath or something, or so absolutely desensitized that you no longer remember being scared of anything in movies. The ride is terrifying and extremely loud.

Our DD9 was okay on the ride, but a few parts definitely had an impact on her. They were the only parts she talked about after the ride. I was surprised by some of the content. BUT, if you look on the app, the recommended age is 13+.

Yup, that's about what I would say, 13+. That's why I was miffed that the employee at the entrance said it wasn't scary. I specifically said "if my 10-year-old is scared of the dark and loud noises will it be scary for her?" I didn't see the movie tbh so I had no idea what kind of ride it would be. (Just to add, my daughter is NOT afraid of T-Rexs or any other dinosaur which I find odd.)

I don't like people jumping out at me so yes not a fan. I ducked and kept walking. And I am not a child.

I think it’s a valid question though. If you’re not expecting it (anyone reading here obviously is), I could see someone (not me) hitting one of the actors as a defensive action! I’d be very surprised if it hasn’t happened already. I think they would actually be more lenient (depending on the severity of the hit or just a push or something) than with the HHN where people all know the haunted house atmosphere.

I think it’s a valid question though. If you’re not expecting it (anyone reading here obviously is), I could see someone (not me) hitting one of the actors as a defensive action! I’d be very surprised if it hasn’t happened already. I think they would actually be more lenient (depending on the severity of the hit or just a push or something) than with the HHN where people all know the haunted house atmosphere.

They would still be expelled from the park. Been told directly from a manager friend at the Studios.

How do people deal with getting a shock from turning a corner and getting a shock if someone is there and you’re not expecting it in real life.

I’m quite a jumpy person.......although I love scares.........I gave someone a shock getting out of the elevator one time........I wasn’t expecting to see anyone there, it was 2.30 in the morning. I jumped and yelled a bit they got the shock of their lives too........it happens......my automatic reaction isn’t to lash out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter