King Charles has cancer

Ugh. I honestly can’t stand to see pictures of that Samantha person. She’s been especially horrible throughout the whole ordeal with all her interviews.
I understand that. But think of it this way. Samantha clearly loved her little sister, from the time she came along in her dad’s second marriage. They shared a life together. Then the little sister grew up, becomes a minor celebrity, got engaged to a prince, and then started denying and badmouthing their family. How would you feel? I can’t blame her for trying to set the record straight. Is she a nice person? I really don’t know. I know she’s angry about all of it. And I can’t say I blame her. It also became a David and Goliath situation with Samantha trying to tell her version of events. Many articles weren’t kind. I have sympathy for her. She’s wheelchair bound and feels like ehe’s been left behind by Meghan.

I understand that. But think of it this way. Samantha clearly loved her little sister, from the time she came along in her dad’s second marriage. They shared a life together. Then the little sister grew up, becomes a minor celebrity, got engaged to a prince, and then started denying and badmouthing their family. How would you feel? I can’t blame her for trying to set the record straight. Is she a nice person? I really don’t know. I know she’s angry about all of it. And I can’t say I blame her. It also became a David and Goliath situation with Samantha trying to tell her version of events. Many articles weren’t kind. I have sympathy for her. She’s wheelchair bound and feels like ehe’s been left behind by Meghan.
I feel like there is a lot more to the story with that Markle family than we know. You don’t just stop talking to your father for no reason.

I agree. And just my opinion but I think we don't know the half of Harry's petulance far into adulthood. Sadly William likely does. And eventually enough is enough.
That is true. I have ended up with an apartment with only one person residing in it. My children have all grown, divorced 25 years ago (she has since passed away). I can say that when that happens the glue that both parents together as a family unit, dissolves when that unit is separated, no matter the reason.

I saw the pain in my grownup, married children's eyes when my wife left and after 29 years of marriage it is hard to try and keep everyone together without the common core.

For those two, at the time, boys the loss of their Mother, in such an unexpected way, and the memory of the breakup of their parents. There is so much guilt to be passed around it is amazing that it hadn't been worse a lot sooner. Add to the how public all of that from beginning to end, it's no small accomplishment that that haven't killed the entire Royal family by now.

I kind of wonder if/when he finally divorces Meghan, and sits there alone, (children off to college and such,) will he finally get what a complete idiot he's been? And finally sans Meghan, will William finally reconcile with him then? Or has the Tell All book and the various interviews broken the brothers forever? How does one rebuild back trust that Harry's not going to do another revealing interview in the future if there's another blip with his family?
Harry's book made it clear his issues with his brother are rooted in extreme jealousy, not Megan. He didn't even wait until page one to spill that, the cover says it all. The public will never really understand exactly where the line of justification lies between the brothers, because the only accounts that will be shared will be due to self interest, revenge and/or profit.

IMO the brother relationship is one of the ultimate, unseen victims of the loss of their mother. Her presence and counsel would have provided much needed voice of reason for both sons. As fate would have it she wasn't there as the weight and expectation began to be nudged in William's direction. She wasn't there to share insight with Harry about why William being number one took more than it gave more often than not. She wasn't there to be the voice in William's ear about the dangers of surrendering to the duty with blinders on to the extent and extremes that his grandmother and father were insistent, and insensitive, about. She wasn't there to help Harry forge a path within the firm where he could find fulfillment. As frustrated and disillusioned as she was, I do believe she would have pushed with all her might to put Harry within the system as a working royal -- in a way that Princess Margaret desperately craved that went unheard and unseen until it was far too late.

It's not even speculation that the Queen put duty above all else. She made no bones about it. Charles himself suffered from her single-minded determination -- and from his particular place in the scheme. By the time late in life when the flaws in her overly zealous approach began to not merely crack but explode like bombshells throughout the family much of the damage had been done. Charles seems very much less than equipped to cue into anything his son's may need(ed) emotionally unless it was a struggle he himself had, or if someone around him has a vantage point to see and his ear to persuade him there is a need -- and provide a recommendation for a remedy. No doubt he's completely clueless to the challenges of being "the spare". I doubt very much he and his mother even entertained the topic until Harry was ensconced in California.

It seems clear that Megan has her own baggage and family issues. It's less clear where the origins of various problems lie as only Megan has been a public figure, and for a relatively short time period. Harry and Megan very well may be head over heels in love and perfectly suited. Even so, they also may have a tendency to bring out less than ideal decisions and behaviors in the other in relation to family members and close friends because they have some commonalities in wounds or personalities that draw them together. It does however seem strange that Harry seems to have had many long-term friendships until his relationship with Megan, friendships that lasted throughout all of his other romantic relationships. When a woman becomes involved in a relationship and suddenly begins shedding all or most old friendships and isolates from family it's usually flagged as concerning. It's seemingly a pattern for adult Megan to shed those around her on a regular basis. I think it's likely Harry may come to regret doing the same.

Judging by Megan's apparent shock and disdain regarding the need to curtsy to the Queen I can only speculate that she has strong opinions and attitudes about the expectation to afford the niceties to various family members -- particularly one who understandably she would have regarded unequivocally as her equal (Kate). I think it's likely that's where the crux of Harry's jealousy of his brother got a turbo boost from a grumbling fiance/spouse about her dissatisfaction about a future that included curtseying to a woman of her own age with no claim to aristocracy, notable accomplishments or independent wealth, yet managed to craft a respectable public image and apparently didn't feel the spark to immediately draw Megan into her circle.

I think you’re right that they didn’t share the type of closeness that William and Harry shared.

Meghan and her sister Samantha were 17 years apart, with different mothers, and obviously at different life stages.

Still, there are plenty of pictures out there of Meghan and Samantha together, from when Meghan was a baby, through her teenage years, that make Meghan’s claims of no relationship questionable. To what degree they were close, none of us know. But to say they were never close is contrary to what I have read from her family.

View attachment 833440

View attachment 833441

View attachment 833446

View attachment 833443

View attachment 833444

View attachment 833445

I know that even today, in the age where everyone has a camera in their hands at every moment, I sometimes forget to take pictures. It happened to me just last week. 😬 In these days (above), you had to actually work at taking pictures, with an actual camera. Sometimes there was no film available, the battery was dead, you had no flash bulbs, etc. So the fact that there are this many photos of them throughout Meghan’s life stages tells me that there were likely plenty of more times that they were together, too, that didn’t happen to get photographed.

Thomas Markle loved his children and grandhildren, and there are many pictures of them all together, besides these.

I understand, having older siblings myself, that, in some ways, Meghan felt like an only child. But she wasn’t. And she did have a relationship with her siblings, her father, nieces and nephews, and uncles and aunts, etc. It was hurtful to them when she acted like she didn’t have family, once telling Harry that his family was ”the family she never had”.
I am 10 and 13 years older then my 2 brother. My dad and step mom separated when they were little. To this day I really only see them at holiday's and maybe 1 or 2 other family functions. I love my brothers but we are not close due to the age difference and their mom and our dad being together. You will see us in lots of pictures over the years though but like I said I only saw them a few times a year.

I don't know much about her story and I haven't really followed anything with her family. I am just giving a different perspective that these might be the only pictures and they really didn't spend a ton of time together.

I am 10 and 13 years older then my 2 brother. My dad and step mom separated when they were little. To this day I really only see them at holiday's and maybe 1 or 2 other family functions. I love my brothers but we are not close due to the age difference and their mom and our dad being together. You will see us in lots of pictures over the years though but like I said I only saw them a few times a year.

I don't know much about her story and I haven't really followed anything with her family. I am just giving a different perspective that these might be the only pictures and they really didn't spend a ton of time together.
That could be true, of course. But saying she had no family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter