King Charles has cancer

Personally, I few flew all the was home I think Id apologize and not present the award. I think everyone would understand.

Yes, but Harry & Meghan crave the spotlight. (Even though they keep saying they want their privacy. ;) )

Maybe its a sign that its not all the immediately serious for Charles.

Yes, hopeful it's this. Harry went to see K. Charles. Charles frosted him out, which assured Harry that Charles' health isn't so bad that they were at the "death bed" stage of talks and reconciling with each other. (IF that can even happen after the Tell All book.)

Remember Harry, and possibly most of the Royal family missed a chance to say goodbye to Q. Elizabeth. Only Anne may have gotten a chance to see her. No matter what the current relationship is with his father, Harry would want to see him before the end. No one writes a scathing Tell All with such venom, if they are indifferent about the people they NEED to write about.

The meeting with Charles was short, and not sweet.

Harry flies back to the U.S. to do the presentation.

If true that's incredibly sad. The Walter Payton award is about giving back to community with a players time and talents as well as philanthropy.
There are many good and decent former NFL players who would have been honored to give out the award for free.
I admit this is my guess, not a fact. However, when they just left the royal family it was estimated that they could get up to 1 million for a speech. Now, that probably has been adjusted for market value over the last few years, but I would be suprised if Harry got less than 100.000 to give a speech.

The only reason to accept less or to do it for free is if it guaranteed good publicity.
I am not into American sports, so no idea. Tabloids have already mentioned that H&M will attend the Superbowl. I assume many celebrities will attend as well, and it will be a good place to network for them?

Letting Harry hand out the award had made sense if it was for military personnel who created impact for the community. That's his area of expertise. Even if we take the Invictus Games into consideration, this was a bit of a stretch.

But back to Charles, did Harry make things worse by coming over (uninvited to some tabloids)? By rushing over immediately, did he make it appear Charles was doing much worse than it was in reality?

If true that's incredibly sad. The Walter Payton award is about giving back to community with a players time and talents as well as philanthropy.

Harry is the founder of the Invictus Games which which runs an international multi-sport event for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women. While it doesn't contain football, the Invictus Games have included winter adaptive sports such as alpine skiing, nordic skiing, skeleton and wheelchair curling, in addition to the core sports of indoor rowing, sitting volleyball, swimming, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair basketball.

Out of all the charities and patronages Harry gave up when he gave up royal duties, the Invictus Games isn't one of them. Being the founder, inspired from meeting so many wounded military people during his time serving with them in the military, this is a very personal organization for him. As a presenter, he fits the description of loyally giving back to community with his time and talents as well as philanthropy to advertise and keep the Invictus Games going.

Last edited:

Harry is the founder of the Invictus Games which which runs an international multi-sport event for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women. While it doesn't contain football, the Invictus Games have included winter adaptive sports such as alpine skiing, nordic skiing, skeleton and wheelchair curling, in addition to the core sports of indoor rowing, sitting volleyball, swimming, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair basketball.

Out of all the charities and patronages Harry gave up when he gave up royal duties, the Invictus Games isn't one of them. Being the founder, this is one he wasn't giving up. As a presenter, he fits the description of loyally giving back to community with his time and talents as well as philanthropy to advertise and keep the Invictus Games going.
And if he cheerfully takes zero dollars from either Invictus or the NFL I respect his efforts.
FWIW...I understand about military service and disability. I'm the caregiver for my husband.

Out of all the charities and patronages Harry gave up when he gave up royal duties, the Invictus Games isn't one of them. Being the founder, this is one he wasn't giving up. As a presenter, he fits the description of loyally giving back to community with his time and talents as well as philanthropy to advertise and keep the Invictus Games going.
Yes, that was my immediate thought when I saw him presenting. It is fitting given his background with Invictus.

To be fair, Diana, Princess of Wales, was indirectly killed by over-zealous paparazzi :(
I wasn't talking about what killed her, I was talking about how he treated her. However, since you brought it up where do you suppose she would have been that night if not for the actions of one Prince Charles.

I wasn't talking about what killed her, I was talking about how he treated her. However, since you brought it up where do you suppose she would have been that night if not for the actions of one Prince Charles.
I'm afraid you misinterpreted me. The paparazzi remark was in direct challenge to your say that in America, people went out of their way to get an autograph, therefore badging the celebrity. I was merely making the point that was (had) the exact same problem one here, only instead of people collecting autographs, it was a people hounding Diana for her photograph.

Interesting take on all of this from a BBC article. They don't think Harry rushed back because he had to hand out a sports award.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68257533

"So why was there such a short visit to his father? And why did Prince Harry fly out again after a single night?

It's understood that the timing of the event in Las Vegas wasn't a factor in deciding his rapid turnaround.

Instead the suggestion is to turn it round and imagine the trip from Harry's perspective.

He's flown over, desperate to see a parent with some distressing health news. That meeting finishes quickly, for whatever reason, and then everyone leaves. He's in a hotel and no one is rushing to see him, except the press.

What happens next? Well, it's a rapid exit back to the United States."

Interesting take on all of this from a BBC article. They don't think Harry rushed back because he had to hand out a sports award.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68257533

"So why was there such a short visit to his father? And why did Prince Harry fly out again after a single night?

It's understood that the timing of the event in Las Vegas wasn't a factor in deciding his rapid turnaround.

Instead the suggestion is to turn it round and imagine the trip from Harry's perspective.

He's flown over, desperate to see a parent with some distressing health news. That meeting finishes quickly, for whatever reason, and then everyone leaves. He's in a hotel and no one is rushing to see him, except the press.

What happens next? Well, it's a rapid exit back to the United States."
It feels like the brothers will never truly reconcile. That’s so very sad.

I watched the Netflix special when it came out and a lot of the things Harry and Megan said about William (albeit true) you just can’t come back from. I’ll always remember the tone in her voice when she said “your brother” to Harry. It’s like she held him in the same regard as her own half-siblings who sold her down the river during the same time frame.

But, the difference is Harry and William were close once. She and her siblings never were. Sometimes when you don’t have that bond it’s hard to understand it when others do.

Anyway, it would take the wives getting behind it for them to reconcile and I doubt either wife will budge.

They're both the truth IMO. Were it not for the paparazzi, they wouldn't have been driving so fast. And perhaps, had the driver been more lucid, perhaps they wouldn't have crashed. It's a sad story all round.
She never should have agreed to leave the privacy and safety of the Ritz. Dodi made a bad decision, she went along with it, and naturally the press chased her. That was going to happen, so it's on them for leaving in the first place. Never mind putting their lives (and the bodyguard's) in the hands of a drunk driver.

She never should have agreed to leave the privacy and safety of the Ritz. Dodi made a bad decision, she went along with it, and naturally the press chased her. That was going to happen, so it's on them for leaving in the first place. Never mind putting their lives (and the bodyguard's) in the hands of a drunk driver.
Doest that excuse the behaviour if the paparazzi or the drunken driver?

It feels like the brothers will never truly reconcile. That’s so very sad.

I watched the Netflix special when it came out and a lot of the things Harry and Megan said about William (albeit true) you just can’t come back from. I’ll always remember the tone in her voice when she said “your brother” to Harry. It’s like she held him in the same regard as her own half-siblings who sold her down the river during the same time frame.

But, the difference is Harry and William were close once. She and her siblings never were. Sometimes when you don’t have that bond it’s hard to understand it when others do.

Anyway, it would take the wives getting behind it for them to reconcile and I doubt either wife will budge.

I kind of wonder if/when he finally divorces Meghan, and sits there alone, (children off to college and such,) will he finally get what a complete idiot he's been? And finally sans Meghan, will William finally reconcile with him then? Or has the Tell All book and the various interviews broken the brothers forever? How does one rebuild back trust that Harry's not going to do another revealing interview in the future if there's another blip with his family?

the difference is Harry and William were close once. She and her siblings never were.
I think you’re right that they didn’t share the type of closeness that William and Harry shared.

Meghan and her sister Samantha were 17 years apart, with different mothers, and obviously at different life stages.

Still, there are plenty of pictures out there of Meghan and Samantha together, from when Meghan was a baby, through her teenage years, that make Meghan’s claims of no relationship questionable. To what degree they were close, none of us know. But to say they were never close is contrary to what I have read from her family.

1707748306793.jpeg

1707748340154.jpeg

1707749279001.jpeg

1707748617285.jpeg

1707748750448.jpeg

1707748845824.jpeg

I know that even today, in the age where everyone has a camera in their hands at every moment, I sometimes forget to take pictures. It happened to me just last week. 😬 In these days (above), you had to actually work at taking pictures, with an actual camera. Sometimes there was no film available, the battery was dead, you had no flash bulbs, etc. So the fact that there are this many photos of them throughout Meghan’s life stages tells me that there were likely plenty of more times that they were together, too, that didn’t happen to get photographed.

Thomas Markle loved his children and grandhildren, and there are many pictures of them all together, besides these.

I understand, having older siblings myself, that, in some ways, Meghan felt like an only child. But she wasn’t. And she did have a relationship with her siblings, her father, nieces and nephews, and uncles and aunts, etc. It was hurtful to them when she acted like she didn’t have family, once telling Harry that his family was ”the family she never had”.

I kind of wonder if/when he finally divorces Meghan, and sits there alone, (children off to college and such,) will he finally get what a complete idiot he's been? And finally sans Meghan, will William finally reconcile with him then? Or has the Tell All book and the various interviews broken the brothers forever? How does one rebuild back trust that Harry's not going to do another revealing interview in the future if there's another blip with his family?
I honestly don't think you can come back from that level of betrayal.

I think you’re right that they didn’t share the type of closeness that William and Harry shared.

Meghan and her sister Samantha were 17 years apart, with different mothers, and obviously at different life stages.

Still, there are plenty of pictures out there of Meghan and Samantha together, from when Meghan was a baby, through her teenage years, that make Meghan’s claims of no relationship questionable. To what degree they were close, none of us know. But to say they were never close is contrary to what I have read from her family.

View attachment 833440

View attachment 833441

View attachment 833446

View attachment 833443

View attachment 833444

View attachment 833445

I know that even today, in the age where everyone has a camera in their hands at every moment, I sometimes forget to take pictures. It happened to me just last week. 😬 In these days (above), you had to actually work at taking pictures, with an actual camera. Sometimes there was no film available, the battery was dead, you had no flash bulbs, etc. So the fact that there are this many photos of them throughout Meghan’s life stages tells me that there were likely plenty of more times that they were together, too, that didn’t happen to get photographed.

Thomas Markle loved his children and grandhildren, and there are many pictures of them all together, besides these.

I understand, having older siblings myself, that, in some ways, Meghan felt like an only child. But she wasn’t. And she did have a relationship with her siblings, her father, nieces and nephews, and uncles and aunts, etc. It was hurtful to them when she acted like she didn’t have family, once telling Harry that his family was ”the family she never had”.
Ugh. I honestly can’t stand to see pictures of that Samantha person. She’s been especially horrible throughout the whole ordeal with all her interviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter