King Charles has cancer

You missed a lot. Harry & Meghan left the UK as the media there were relentlessly racist to her. Every day. So, they left England and moved to, al least, a commonwealth of the UK, Canada. Only, I forget why that didn't work. I think it was the inability to have security there. (Others can fill this part in.)

Now, they've moved down to CA. They hid out in Tyler Perry's huge home for a while. Yet, a couple weeks ago, even HE told a story about how he & Meghan talked, and to what depth they had a conversation. :sad2:

He can't stay in friends' homes as that puts them an unwanted spotlight on them and WHO they are, with the paparazzi camped out at their door and trying to dredge up details on these friends.

Also most people wouldn't have the room to house the amount of security Harry needs to have. About a year(?) ago, Harry complained that once he & Meghan removed themselves from active Royal duties, the UK government took away their security detail. He tried, unsuccessfully, to lobby to have the detail return, especially when he's in England, or a portion of the money given to him so he can hire his own security for him and his family.

Whatever his personal relationship is with the Royal family, Harry is still a son of a King and the brother of the heir apparent. For terrorists, who don't give a jot to read tabloids, the son of a King is considered a "high value target." Especially now, with all the conflict in Israel & Palestine and whatever side the UK is taking, killing a high value target of the enemy is a HUGE victory. Especially as Harry used to be in the UK military himself.

Back to the paparazzi stuff, last summer, when Harry & Meghan came to NYC, they made up this story about being chased in a high speed chase through Manhattan. (A physical impossibility here, with all the traffic and grid locks every few blocks.) Yet, they were followed a bit by paparazzi. They didn't want the paparazzi following them to the friends' building where they were staying. They tried to protect their privacy.

They were given grief as they could have avoided it all had they JUST STAYED AT A HOTEL which knows the security protocol to protect high profile guests. They would have the extra rooms on either side to house their security, allow them to be stationed at all entrances and on the floor, and hide what floor the H&M were staying on.

Apparently, Harry finally learned the lesson and stayed at a hotel.
He'll be 40 in about 7 months, his wife will be 43 in less. They are middle aged and they don't seem to be having much fun flitting about.
Maybe it's time for the couple to step back, get jobs and enjoy their precious family time with the boy and girl.
I think the oldest starts kindergarten in the fall. Time flies!

You missed a lot. Harry & Meghan left the UK as the media there were relentlessly racist to her. Every day. So, they left England and moved to, al least, a commonwealth of the UK, Canada. Only, I forget why that didn't work. I think it was the inability to have security there. (Others can fill this part in.)

According to them, they left Canada for a few reasons. First off, they were concerned that their security was going to be removed once they changed their status as royals. The order to fund their protection by the RCMP was set to expire on March 31, 2020 which coincided with the end of their royal tenure. Secondly, this was right before the borders closed due to Covid-19 and they did not want to be stuck in Canada. Lastly, many have said that a move to California was always their plan, the border closures just expedited the timing of their move.

The British news reports I saw said 2 hours. So, basically we really don't know what went on, once Harry pulled up to the gates and was inside.
Luckily we have paparazzi there to take pictures with time stamps :D

I think it was the Daily Mail, but it can be any of the tabloids. They pictured Harry arriving at 2.45pm and Charles and Camilla leaving at 3.35pm. Something like that. With the size of the house and all, 30-45 minutes visit.

This news makes me very sad. He seems like a kind, decent person and does not deserve to go through this (as if anyone deserves it).

It does make me wonder if Harry and Megan have some regrets about causing the consternation in the family, now that several of them have had declining health. Sad if they ended things on such a sour note like they did with the QEII.

I think Harry and Megan have regrets that have not one thing to do with anybody but themselves, their egos and their bank accounts.

Only took 4-5 pages to turn into another Harry & Meghan bashing thread!

More on Charles starting treatment less than 2 weeks after diagnosis -

More than a third of patients in England had to wait more than 62 days to begin cancer treatment after being referred for urgent diagnostic tests, and more than 1 in 10 had to wait more than 104 days after an urgent referral before starting treatment, according to recent government figures shared by Cancer Research UK.

More than a third of patients in England had to wait more than 62 days to begin cancer treatment after being referred for urgent diagnostic tests, and more than 1 in 10 had to wait more than 104 days after an urgent referral before starting treatment, according to recent government figures shared by Cancer Research UK.
I know that some of my relatives had to wait months for treatment for a range of things. My aunt toyed with the idea of visiting my mom and paying for the care here in the US. I'm sure it's similar to the US. People who have a lot of money here do have access to the best care and better timing. Not so say that those of us not as wealthy with insurance can also have excellent health care. ***also should note which is never said: my daughter who is on state medical and federal medical has been receiving excellent healthcare which is not always the case. I don't feel guilty about it because she worked 60 hours a week for 20 years when a catastrophic incident happened which is what these programs were meant for. I am still thinking he has bladder cancer due to them indicating that it is treatable.

Charles is being treated in a private setting with private insurance.
He is not utilizing the National Health Service.
And we don't know specifically when King Charles diagnosed.

As to the point above about Harry being a target for terrorists, I am of the opinion he was a bit reckless to have included information in his book about the number of people he killed and how he felt about it.

Not sure who advises Harry on stuff like this but maybe he needs to get another guy.

As to the point above about Harry being a target for terrorists, I am of the opinion he was a bit reckless to have included information in his book about the number of people he killed and how he felt about it.

Not sure who advises Harry on stuff like this but maybe he needs to get another guy.

Right! When I heard in an interview someone reading that passage out loud, I also thought what a stupid thing to write.
smack.gif

He's already got one target on his back just for who he's related to. Then he writes about his own actions and puts a second one on his back. :badpc: :sad2:

The head of state, The King of England has been diagnosed with cancer and has started treatment, yet the main focus of this thread is yet another tear down of his son. just wow, :sad2:
The King will receive excellent treatment. He's surrounded by loving family members and friends. I believe he has a good chance of doing well and I'm having positive thoughts for him.

The head of state, The King of England has been diagnosed with cancer and has started treatment, yet the main focus of this thread is yet another tear down of his son. just wow, :sad2:

You prefer the conversation where the head of state, the King of England, who has been diagnosed with cancer and has the ability to start treatment less than 2 weeks after diagnosis and is being criticized for that instead of taking 62 days like average commoners? Just Wow!

First of all, the MAIN focus of this thread ISN'T on his son. Out of 5 pages, there has only been a handful of recent posts about him as he came to visit the King and then someone asked about him. FOUR other pages are about the King. Second, the conversation went BACK to the KING and his treatment. This thread IS about the King.

Last edited:
The King will receive excellent treatment. He's surrounded by loving family members and friends. I believe he has a good chance of doing well and I'm having positive thoughts for him.

Yes, this is why we went on to briefly talk about a peripheral person related to him who went to visit him. There is no other new news on the King.

I hope that we will get updates (positive ones) about the King’s general health. I don’t really expect or even want any details. Being a cancer survivor myself I can tell you it is difficult when you first realize that someone knows about your diagnosis, and some types of cancer hit your ego particularly hard, in my case breast, and the king may also have a type of cancer that would be difficult to have out there in the media, etc. I am 20 years out from my diagnosis and initial surgery and hope Charles enjoys the same amount (or longer period of time} of post treatment cancer free time. He deserves to enjoy more time as king and more time with his family. I think the king still has much to contribute.

It’s another disturbing display of how out of touch rich and influential people are. How will they fight for better services for people if they have no clue what the real issues are?

When it comes to fighting for your life, every person should be equal. Nobody truly understands unless they have been there the sheer panic and overwhelming stress that comes with a cancer scare let alone after actually getting that diagnosis. Why do rich people get to cut down that absolutely horrid and horrible time that pretty much amount to mental anguish and torture for many people and the people that love them as well?

Do you have more to add? There's likely to be a lull in information for a bit while Charles gets settled into treatment.

Prayers for his full recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter