King Charles has cancer

This is extra sad timing since Kate was just hospitalized for 2 weeks for her abdominal surgery as well. Poor William has the weight of fthe world on him right now.
William does have a lot on his plate. I imagine his stress is sky high, and that Charles diagnosis will mean William will have to get back into Royal engagements faster than he wanted to instead of focusing on Kate and their kids. It sounds like Kate’s family has stepped up big time they have a close relationship.

This news makes me very sad. He seems like a kind, decent person and does not deserve to go through this (as if anyone deserves it).

It does make me wonder if Harry and Megan have some regrets about causing the consternation in the family, now that several of them have had declining health. Sad if they ended things on such a sour note like they did with the QEII.

This is extra sad timing since Kate was just hospitalized for 2 weeks for her abdominal surgery as well. Poor William has the weight of the world on him right now.

Maybe this will finally be what gets Will and Harry over their rift. They were so close after Diana died. Maybe worrying about their father, (not grieving, because he's not going to die soon, hopefully, 🤞) may remind them of how they were before.

Although, I think as long as Meghan is in the picture, that's not likely to happen. :(

(Again SPECULATION and imagination. Not a demand for having info.)

Last edited:
Maybe this will finally be what gets Will and Harry over their rift. They were so close after Diana died. Maybe worrying about their father, (not that he's going to die soon, hopefully 🤞) may remind them of how they were before.

Although, I think as long as Meghan is in the picture, that's not likely to happen. :(

(Again SPECULATION and imagination. Not a demand for having info.)
Did I read he’s flying over to see his dad? It sure would be nice if the boys could mend fences. For their mom’s memory if nothing else.

Did I read he’s flying over to see his dad? It sure would be nice if the boys could mend fences. For their mom’s memory if nothing else.

Yes, CBS news said that Charles called each one himself and broke the news about the cancer. Harry's flying over, alone, to see his Dad.

I AM a big fan of the Royals and anything British.
Many many years ago I dressed up as Princess Di for Halloween at work (Halloween was big at our office) and it just spiraled from there. Haha

I wish the King well as I was sad to hear it.
A truly stressful awful disease. For anyone.

Not a fan of any of them.
Their ancestors have done horrible things for centuries.
Somehow they get a pass.

All that said - would not want wish this on him.

Not a fan of any of them.
Their ancestors have done horrible things for centuries.
Somehow they get a pass.

All that said - would not want wish this on him.
I think if you dig deep enough you will find plenty of ancestors who have done horrible things. Plenty of people who got where they are in life because their ancestors got rich or got a certain status. And usually not by playing fair or nice.

And they get a pass because they are not their ancestors.

Benedict Cumberbatch' ancestors were slave traders. Not holding that against him.

Last edited:
I think if you dig deep enough plenty of ancestors have done horrible things. Plenty of people who got where they are in life because their ancestors got rich or got a certain status. And usually not by playing fair or nice.

And they get a pass because they are not their ancestors.

Benedict Cumberbatch' ancestors were slave traders. Not holding that against him.
Probably a topic for the controversial topics board - but seems like lots of folks are blamed for the sins of their fathers IMO.

Of course there are also the conspiracy theories around his late wife, which are much more direct.

It could have initially shown up in routine bloodwork done ahead of the surgery, and then a scan located the cancer. Or if it is skin cancer, they may have simply seen something suspect when prepping him for his procedure and done a biopsy. I don’t believe they would have made such a point of making sure everyone knows it’s NOT prostate cancer if that is what it actually is. There is too much risk of the truth coming out at some point.
The blood test indicates that likelihood of Prostate Cancer, but to verify they usually do a biopsy, which is fairly simple but a little on the embarrassing side for a King. To have anything happen this fast, no matter what even if Prostate, it must be a bit advanced.

The blood test indicates that likelihood of Prostate Cancer, but to verify they usually do a biopsy, which is fairly simple but a little on the embarrassing side for a King. To have anything happen this fast, no matter what even if Prostate, it must be a bit advanced.
The Palace hasn't said a lot specific, but they have said it's not prostate cancer.

Well, there’s totally discounting him actually needing a prostate procedure & going right into a cover for exploratory surgery…. :sad2:

It is totally possible something was found during or in preparation for a prostate surgery. Any of the routine pre op tests could have shown another issue. That’s why they’re done. To show you’re healthy enough for surgery & find out anything that could prevent a successful outcome. Routine things like a chest X-ray, a pelvic or lower abdominal scan or blood work could have shown the first clue of a problem. Or something could have been found in the area during the surgery itself.
I had the same thoughts this morning. 👊🏻

A Cancer Doctor on the radio......... who made it clear he had no inside information........said it is not uncommon to suspect a prostate problem and find bladder cancer. If that turns out to be correct, he added, that there is a 90% chance of a full recovery after treatment.
I saw three doctors say this exact same thing. One was an oncologist.

Hmmm, wonder if he is going to try any of this -
As prince and heir to the throne in 2004, Charles created a stir when he publicly endorsed the idea that cancer patients be treated with daily coffee enemas, vitamin injections and 13 fruit juices.

That treatment, known as Gerson Therapy, is named after the German doctor Max Gerson, who developed the protocol in the 1920s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter