Kinect: Disneyland Adventures

patkingpin

Mouseketeer
Hey dads! For Christmas I got me (I mean, my wife got me) a Kinect and the MIL bought Kinect:Disneyland Adventures for us.
Now, I have seen this game mentioned on the Dis but not really any good thread, so I figured I would start one.
First off I have a 2 year old daughter who so far has loved seeing the characters but then that is about it.
We haven't been able to play too much yet. I have been sick (lost 8 pounds in two days sick) so we aren't too far into the game, but I have a couple of questions and comments.
1) Multi Player - How does it work? This doesn't seem like a game you can have multiplayer and I have mistkenly gotten thrown into the game while the wife is playing, but not sure how the function would work.
2) LOVE the character interaction and the quests they give. The game isn't tough by gamer standards, but I love the interactions.
3) Which rides? We rode the carousel and my daughter started crying because she wanted to ride it for real (talk about a Disney flashback). Which other rides can we "ride" for real?
4) Any talk yet of Kinect: Disneyworld? We have never been to Disneyland so this has only made me want a Disneyworld game that much more.

Thoughts?

Got the game as well...overall I like it.

Pros..
Detail...love the ability to stroll around the park free as a bird.
Love the background music .
Love Eeyore reaction when you just walk past him.
Like the Tour Gudie lady.
HIDDEN MICKEYS!!!

Cons...
The Kinect System...wished there was a way to integrate the Xbox control instead of pointing to move around...a controller would be so much easier to move around the park...then make you use the Kinect to do the "Ride/Games"

For your questions/comments...
1] Have not played multiplayer yet...everyone just enjoys watching otheres explore.

2]I think the character interactions are great too...I mean who doesn't love giving a princess a big ol hug...

3] So far ther just seems to be a few spinny rides you can ride as actual rides... Astro Otrbiter and the Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown (ala Goofy's Barn Stormer from MK)

4] I sure hope so...but no rumors...guess it depends on how well received this one is.

Rides/Games I have played...

Splash Mountain
Pooh
Space Mountain
Buzz's Space Ranger Spin

I am really hoping to get a 360 with the Kinect later this year. The Wii is ok, but I would like to get some sports games.

We got a Kinect and the Disneyland game for Christmas also. We have not gotten very far yet, but we started in Fantasyland and have done the Alice in Wonderland ride, Materhorn, Peter Pan, and the Teacups (but on teacups you just spin). And we have done the tasks from Alice, the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan and Cinderella.

We have been having fun with it. A great gift, especially since we leave for WDW in less than a week! :cool1:

I guess my favorite thing about this game so far is just strolling around looking for Hidden Mickeys.

I have yet to play that one. I got nice and sore from playing Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports: Season 2 this weekend, though. By the time we were ready to play Disneyland Adventures, we were too worn out! :lmao:

The verdict is in. My 2 year old daughter loves the game. It is funny because she does everything that me or my wife do and loves to hug the characters and hi five them.
The only problem I have is that it makes me want a Disneyworld game that much more. It makes sense why there isn't one yet since the new Fantasyland isn't finished yet, but I want that game to come out at some point. It would be amazing.

We usually play multiplayer becuase everyone wants to play it. Its neat to see the pics the kinect takes as you are playing the games. Kids love to walk around and collect coins. We got a magical wand from Fairy God mother (if I remember right) which gives you the ability to make other coins come out of umbrellas and stuff.

I got the 360 too for Christmas, and Adventures, but have not gotten too far yet, only 3 sessions to play. I am liking it though. The Pirates is quite a long ride, and Love the HM games

We usually play multiplayer becuase everyone wants to play it. Its neat to see the pics the kinect takes as you are playing the games. Kids love to walk around and collect coins. We got a magical wand from Fairy God mother (if I remember right) which gives you the ability to make other coins come out of umbrellas and stuff.

Got my Wand from Cinderelly. Also got a Blaster from Buzz.

O bought a Baseball cap for my Character...but noticed it disappears when I go into a game/ride.

There are supposedly 6 Hidden Mickeys in Critter Country...I've found all but 2....hint...one of them is a water puddle...(though that one may be in NO Square)

can anyone help me figure out how to talk to the characters? The game responds to some of my voice commands, but the Characters don't seem to hear me!

can anyone help me figure out how to talk to the characters? The game responds to some of my voice commands, but the Characters don't seem to hear me!

Interactions with characters are all motions... hugging... dancing... high-fives... book signing... etc. At least that's my experience. I've met allot of them...be warned about the Alice in Wonderland Characters...they have allot of quests fo you to do...so does that chick from the Princess and the Frog.

Cons...
The Kinect System...wished there was a way to integrate the Xbox control instead of pointing to move around...a controller would be so much easier to move around the park...then make you use the Kinect to do the "Ride/Games"

Agreed! I just wish I could grab a controller to move about. The Kinect thing isnt that great for this game. I have a very hard time getting the autographs to work.

Multi player is great. Anyone can just jump into the screen as a guest and join in. It really helps during the games. Two players will bring in more money and such so we will usually jump in and help our 5 year old.

Went out on finally bought the Kinect and the Disneyland Adventures. I really purchased it for the virtual park experience. So far I am just having fun walking and checking things out. I hope they make one for WDW, that would be top drawer, though, I really am too old for this game by half (if not more). I just could not resist.

Michael

Went out on finally bought the Kinect and the Disneyland Adventures. I really purchased it for the virtual park experience. So far I am just having fun walking and checking things out. I hope they make one for WDW, that would be top drawer, though, I really am too old for this game by half (if not more). I just could not resist.

Michael

Your only as old as you feel Michael!

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter