Kind of odd situation with crowds and parking today (+ park pics)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
The park wasn't especially packed today. In fact, crowds were lighter than average. At 10:00, Buzz was only a five-minute wait, which is unusual. On a typical Sunday at that time, it's commonly a fifteen-minute wait. And walking around the park, I was aware of crowds being lighter than normal. But here's what's odd: at 2:00 (park still wasn't busy), I was told by a fellow guest that the main parking structure was closed. Apparently it had hit capacity. Does anyone know why? I wonder where they put all of those people...

Also, a small Pirates update (or rather, a lack of one): the First Mate (the drunk pirate that talks to the cat - A.K.A. Kitty, kit-ty, kiddy - about 2/3 of the way through the ride) has been MIA for several weeks. He's still unaccounted for. Perhaps he's AWOL? I asked a CM about him a few weeks ago. She told he that he should be back at his post soon. He's got a lot of drinkin' to catch up on.

And now, a few park pics. They're character-heavy this week.

First in the park this morning.
IMG_8080.JPG

I like this one because of how the the sunlight streams in -- kinda like magic (no?).
IMG_7743 - Copy.JPG

And one without the sunbeam.

IMG_7744 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7755 - Copy.JPG

Here's one of the oddest characters in the park (or so I've been told).
IMG_7760 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7770 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7774.JPG

IMG_7777.JPG

IMG_7778.JPG

Last edited:
Now: onto my weekly Buzz post/complaint.

On my first four rides of the day, absolutely no scores came through. That drove me nuts because on the fourth ride I broke 2M on both guns. That only happens about once every five weeks. It's hard to do and then not getting the pic/credit for it is supremely frustrating. But such is life. Later I managed to break 2M.

My fourth ride of the morning (mourning?) on which I broke 2M on both guns. That's really hard to do -- it probably only happens once every six weeks or so. But, as often happens on BL, the score didn't come through >:-(. I'm afraid you'll have to take my word for it, though and will extend me that courtesy :-).
IMG_7750.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_7765.JPG

Last edited:
We arrived much later than we usually do (pulled into Mickey and Friends at 11 a.m.) and it was PACKED with people. Took forever to park and the security line for the tram was crazy so we walked to the parks (even though I’m trying to take it easier because I’m super pregnant, but it was that bad). Security at DTD wasn’t too bad although longer than usual for us. We were in DCA all day and it felt decently crowded although the ride wait times weren’t terribly crazy. Monsters Inc was only 10 minutes around 12:30. I think everyone was there for the Holiday Food Festival? IDK. My friend said DL was dead in the morning and not too bad even when she hopped to DCA around 12:30.... so I guess everyone was at DCA?

We are here today too and the crowds have been odd! Disneyland has had low/medium crowds most the day and that’s where we have been... but I looked at DCA wait times this morning and they were high! I have a hunch lots of people hit parks early this morning and then had to leave to go home. Crowds deff feel life tonight. I’m currently standing in front of the castle waiting for fireworks.

A lot of times the car situation comes from annual pass holders that are arriving with one or two people in a car instead of whole families/groups in a car. Also pass holders may not stay the whole day and if they are the car in the front of the tandem parking the spot can’t be reparked so it creates an issue with guests arriving later.

Interesting- I looked at the wait times yesterday afternoon and they were so low- 20 min for Space, 25 I think I saw for PP, 10 for Indy? Crazy

We were there yesterday, too! Arrived about 1pm. Just beat them closing the parking structure and struggled to find a space. We were a little concerned about crowds but it was all a breeze from there.

Once through security, there was NO wait at entrance turnstiles. Most rides were shorter than 30 minutes. Only longer line was Space Mountain (45 minutes) and Haunted Mansion (35). At 6pm we walked onto Thunder Mountain!

Great day!

Oh I love that one of you and the balloons!! Can anyone ask for a picture like that? Also I have never seen the kitty character, is he from Pinocchio?

Oh I love that one of you and the balloons!! Can anyone ask for a picture like that? Also I have never seen the kitty character, is he from Pinocchio?

No -- they only let me do it because I have a seat on the Disney board.

;-). JK. I don't have a seat on the Disney board... yet. Yes, pretty much anyone can do it, as long as the CM isn't busy and you ask nicely :-).

Yes, I believe the kitty character is Honest John -- or John Worthington Foulfellow.

No -- they only let me do it because I have a seat on the Disney board.

;-). JK. I don't have a seat on the Disney board... yet. Yes, pretty much anyone can do it, as long as the CM isn't busy and you ask nicely :-).

Yes, I believe the kitty character is Honest John -- or John Worthington Foulfellow.

I actually LOLed. It would be pretty cool if you did have a seat on the Disney board! I will have to get a pic of the kids like that, thank you!

... Yes, I believe the kitty character is Honest John -- or John Worthington Foulfellow.
I think the kitty is Gideon, the sidekick to Honest John, both from Pinocchio. We last met them at CHOC Walk. Good to see he's back out in DL. There was a feral kitty who lived in the Pinocchio parking lot by M&F whom we named Gideon. His sidekick was a black kitty we named Figaro.

I think the kitty is Gideon, the sidekick to Honest John, both from Pinocchio. We last met them at CHOC Walk. Good to see he's back out in DL. There was a feral kitty who lived in the Pinocchio parking lot by M&F whom we named Gideon. His sidekick was a black kitty we named Figaro.

There's also a (mostly) black cat on the shore you can see from the Mark Twain/SSC on the train tracks as you approach the docking area after a ride. The CMs have named him/her "Twainy."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter