Kim Jong Un

If he has passed we may not know for quite a while. North Korea won‘t release any information til they have someone who can step into his role. Many news agencies think it might be his sister but history shows it will be more likely a male relative. I think she might step in temporarily ( since his son is said to be only 10 years old). He does have a brother but he is quite a “free spirit” and has no interest in politics. I guess we will have to wait and see........ I feel so bad for the North Korean people who have been under tyrannical rule for so long.
His free spirit brother is quite dead, poisoned in an execution attributed to Kim.
See, this was the plan all along. Didn't even need a bullet.

Because it is not American politics!
Any where else is fair game.

ford family
That is why I get confused! I got a warning, deletion of post and 20 points for referring in a positive way to the special relationship between U.K. and the USA. This thread to me seems political.
Human interest as far as, ‘is he dead or not?’, I agree, but, in my mind at least some of comments are definitely way over the political line.

That is why I get confused! I got a warning, deletion of post and 20 points for referring in a positive way to the special relationship between U.K. and the USA. This thread to me seems political.
Human interest as far as, ‘is he dead or not?’, I agree, but, in my mind at least some of comments are definitely way over the political line.
This guy and his family are not politicians. They were not elected to their posts. They are dictators who take and hold power by penalty of death.

This guy and his family are not politicians. They were not elected to their posts. They are dictators who take and hold power by penalty of death.
I am sorry, but I think that you are misinformed. Dictatorships, Communist republics, monarchies, democracies, authoritarian and totalitarian regimes are all political systems.
The ban on the forum isn’t against discussing ‘democracies’ it is against discussing ‘politics’ and that should encompass all of the above.
Do you think that we should perhaps only be banned from discussing US politics? Maybe we surreptitiously are?

Last edited:
Good grief.
Honestly, I am not against your thread and agree that whether or not he is alive or dead and the reporting rumours surrounding this are human interest. But when people wish him dead etc., I suggest that the human interest question you raised morphed into politics. Where do you think the line is? Is it okay to wish Merkel dead but not Putin, or Johnson but not Trump? Or maybe the Queen but not Johnson?

Honestly, I am not against your thread and agree that whether or not he is alive or dead and the reporting rumours surrounding this are human interest. But when people wish him dead etc., I suggest that the human interest question you raised morphed into politics. Where do you think the line is? Is it okay to wish Merkel dead but not Putin, or Johnson but not Trump? Or maybe the Queen but not Johnson?
The dictator who is responsible for the deaths of untold numbers of human beings? His own family probably wants him dead so they can take over. Not that they'll likely be any better for their people.

As we see on the moderator's thread, "politics" itself is no longer strictly prohibited...at least for the time being.

As I understand it, they are allowing limited political discussion as long as those discussions are civil and issues-based.

Is it possible that Kim Jong Un has simply gone into quarantine to protect himself from the virus? During the middle ages, many of the rich and powerful did this. They locked themselves, their families, servants and friends away in castles or estates to wait for the plague to pass. I wouldn't put that past Kim. There have been pictures coming out of North Korea showing people wearing masks.

Is it possible that Kim Jong Un has simply gone into quarantine to protect himself from the virus? During the middle ages, many of the rich and powerful did this. They locked themselves, their families, servants and friends away in castles or estates to wait for the plague to pass. I wouldn't put that past Kim. There have been pictures coming out of North Korea showing people wearing masks.
I heard this on the news this morning. Siad he may be holed up at some high end North Korean coastal resort, hiding from COVID.

The most frustrating thing about this is that even if he is dead, it's not like the regime falls. His has several siblings, a wife, and a child. From what I understand, Jong-Un's sister, Kim Yo-jong, would take over.

I did a little research. I found the yongest of the siblings, Kim Jong-chul, avoids politics and is in a band. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The dictator who is responsible for the deaths of untold numbers of human beings? His own family probably wants him dead so they can take over. Not that they'll likely be any better for their people.
With the greatest respect, the issue I raised is not about KJU, or indeed any other country’s ‘leader’. It is about the fact that wishing any country’s political leader dead, is inherently ‘political’.

As we see on the moderator's thread, "politics" itself is no longer strictly prohibited...at least for the time being.

As I understand it, they are allowing limited political discussion as long as those discussions are civil and issues-based.
I understood that to be in relation to Covid 19 discussions. Perhaps I misunderstood the moderators’ intent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter