• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kilimanjaro Safari with no Early Entry

busy mom

Mouseketeer
Without early access, what’s the best time to try the Safari?

Does it continuously run or only at certain times?

The Safari typically isn't open for early entry and sometimes it's not even open at park open. For example if the park opens at 8, the safari would open at 8:30. It varies but I recommend lining up when you first enter the park anyway. The animals are more active in the morning due to it not being as hot.

The Safari typically isn't open for early entry and sometimes it's not even open at park open. For example if the park opens at 8, the safari would open at 8:30. It varies but I recommend lining up when you first enter the park anyway. The animals are more active in the morning due to it not being as hot.
I agree make it your first ride and don't get intimated by the long line waiting for the queue to open(the queue line itself is soooo long). We usually get inline right before the ride opens and we've have never waited more than 20 minutes to get on the ride.

Without early access, what’s the best time to try the Safari?

Does it continuously run or only at certain times?
As the PP mentioned, the Safaris may start later than park open on certain days. It may also close earlier. But it is scheduled to operate continuously from when it opens until when it closes. This webpage shows the average wait times at various times of the day.

1694627616206.png

We do early entry. Usually do 1 ride and then walk over to Safari and get in line before the park opens. Safari usually opens when the park officially opens.

I will say that last time, we did the safari around 3:00, and the animals were super present and active. My daughter said it was probably the best safari of quite a few trips. So don’t count out going later.

Yeah we took a later in the day safari and my father in law thought it was sooo much better than the one we did earlier in the day on a previous trip.

I will say that last time, we did the safari around 3:00, and the animals were super present and active. My daughter said it was probably the best safari of quite a few trips. So don’t count out going later.
Yes, I did it early a few weeks ago and there was a lot missing. Saw no giraffes, wildebeest, kudu, bongo, ostrich, only 1 elephant. Did see 2 lions. Went in the afternoon (15-20 minute wait) and saw all those things and many elephants, but not lions.

Yes, I did it early a few weeks ago and there was a lot missing. Saw no giraffes, wildebeest, kudu, bongo, ostrich, only 1 elephant. Did see 2 lions. Went in the afternoon (15-20 minute wait) and saw all those things and many elephants, but not lions.
We usually end up doing it late morning or in the afternoon and see a lot of animals and a lot of activity (disabled daughter with a lot to do to get her ready means we don't get going too fast).

One time I went by myself and got on one of the earliest Safaris. The same as you noticed, a lot of animals were not out yet. The first part in the more forest area was covered with thick fog, so I didn't see the animals that were out in that area either

Like most people we head to Pandora 1st to do FoP and then NRJ, and by then Safari is running but the line is moving quickly still. We try to go multiple times since this is one of our favorite AK rides, to experience different animal views... but am when they're feeding/out is our favorite time.

When they had the very late hours, we liked the night time safaris but I doubt they bring that back. Our truck nearly got hit by running giraffes that weren't spotted until late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter