Kilimanjaro club questions

Shacka1

Hakuna Matata
Hello!

I would appreciate any info on the following!

I’ve read that not every room with club level is savannah view, is this correct? If this is the case I’d rather just stick with savannah view

For the club level food, I can’t have gluten or dairy so I’m wondering if this is something that won’t work for me since it seems like the food is just out for grabs and I can’t make requests which means I’d be stuck with only fruit the entire time

Also which floor would our room be on, is it also the 6th floor

Thank you so much!

Hello!

I’ve read that not every room with club level is savannah view, is this correct? If this is the case I’d rather just stick with savannah view

For the club level food, I can’t have gluten or dairy so I’m wondering if this is something that won’t work for me since it seems like the food is just out for grabs and I can’t make requests which means I’d be stuck with only fruit the entire time

Thank you so much!

Just clarifying, are you talking about a CL hotel booking? Or DVC CL booking? AKL is the one resort that has a handful of DVC rooms that are CL and this detail impacts the answers to some of your questions.

Thank you for asking DVC!

Got it, thanks. Those rooms are on the sixth floor, same as the lounge. Hotel CL rooms are on the fourth floor.

I’m going to let others chime in on view specifics and allergies.

Enjoy your stay!

Got it, thanks. Those rooms are on the sixth floor, same as the lounge. Hotel CL rooms are on the fourth floor.

I’m going to let others chime in on view specifics and allergies.

Enjoy your stay
there are 3 2 bedroom lock-off Savannah views and 2 2bedroom lock-off Pool view.

The club food has lots of nice veggies, By dairy, I am guessing cheese falls in that. Do you already have a club DVC reservation? If so, I would keep it. Those are very scarce and hard to get. You may never get one again, and then you'll kick yourself for cancelling the opportunity. I do agree though that savannah view trumps the food. The savannah view in the DVC club rooms is not good. The roof overhang comes down so low. Club is worth treating yourself once.

Hello!

Thank you so much!
DS and I have allergies and were there in December. They offered us a list of alternative options that are allergy safe, if they cannot find you offerings that are already available. You’ll either be facing the pool or savanna with a DVC CL stay.

We were there for 9 days, and I couldn’t get the full time without piecing it together, but we got to experience both views because of it! We were happy we only got stuck in the pool view one night.

Pool View:
IMG_7391.jpeg

Savanna View (room closest to lounge):
IMG_7392.jpeg

Savanna View (a few doors away from lounge):
IMG_7398.jpeg

Enjoy!

Thank you everyone who chimed in! As tempting at the club level seems there is just nothing else like having giraffes directly outside of your balcony so I’m going to have to go with savannah view over CL

Thank you for helping!

We stayed in a CL DVC studio last July. It overlooked the savannah and we saw a pretty decent amount of animals throughout. My wife has atypical allergies - they had a chef come meet us and made us special dishes every day.

Amazingly, last week we were able to switch our Riviera std studio to AKL club level studio (!). This morning we chatted with DVC asking about the offering time schedules. MS provided the schedule saying for Twilight Offers (5-7 pm) there would be no hot items served. She said, sandwiches which may or may not be only Uncrustables, vegetables and dip but stressed...nothing hot. We confirmed just to be sure she didn't have this confused with the snacks from 11:30-4.

With DVC you roll with the changes but I can't imagine cash stays paying extra for club level and getting nothing but sandwiches and dips.

We have stayed at both AKL-K and AKL-J but not ever Kilimanjaro so watched a bunch of recent-ish Youtube videos. Is the "no hot items" newer than 2023?

We have stayed at both AKL-K and AKL-J but not ever Kilimanjaro so watched a bunch of recent-ish Youtube videos. Is the "no hot items" newer than 2023?

I think you had a misinformed Member Services CM. With all due respect to the CMs, be it Disney Signature Services, Member Services, or general main phone line CMs, most are not trained in or have experience with CL details and often give out incorrect information.

Amazingly, last week we were able to switch our Riviera std studio to AKL club level studio (!). This morning we chatted with DVC asking about the offering time schedules. MS provided the schedule saying for Twilight Offers (5-7 pm) there would be no hot items served. She said, sandwiches which may or may not be only Uncrustables, vegetables and dip but stressed...nothing hot. We confirmed just to be sure she didn't have this confused with the snacks from 11:30-4.

With DVC you roll with the changes but I can't imagine cash stays paying extra for club level and getting nothing but sandwiches and dips.

This sounds like she was confused about the mid-day snack offerings and the evening appetizers. There were hot items in the evening appetizers between 5 and 7 when we were there at the end of July (a hot small plates, and usually something else in the buffet area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter