Kids with Diabetes and the Kids Program

absame

Mouseketeer
Any parents out there with experience with a diabetic child in the kids programs?? We are going on a seven day western cruise next July and my sister-in-law is considering joining us with her kids. Her ds will be 8 years old and has diabetes. He mother gives him insulin shots, but he tests himself and goes to public school without problems. Doesn't require any special treatment other than keeping an eye on him and promptly paging his mother if he "feels funny". Any issues with leaving the little guy in the kids program??

You shouldn't have a problem. We just got back from a couple of days ago. My 7 yo has a brain tumor and spent a lot of time in the club. I just told them to call for any concerns and he knows when he needs to call because he feels funny or headache or whatever. I would just go in and give him his medicine and then leave. The other kids didn't even know he was taking it.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter