Kids Suites at PBH & HRH

SamR

DIS Veteran
While we are big WDW fans (and frequent visitors), we have never been to Universal Studios in Orlando. We have decided to front-end our early-December stay at the BCV with three nights at one of the Universal hotels (either PBH or HRH, with a current lean to PBH).

As always, I turn to the DIS for my trip research and have read many helpful comments on the three onsite hotels, but one thing I haven't read any comments on is the difficulty of reserving a kids suite, or what type of rate I might expect.

Checking Universal's web site, I see a pretty good selection of room types for the dates we will be there, but no mention of kids suites. Do you have to call to reserve these (as opposed to online reservations)? How much more expensive is the kids suite than a deluxe room (typically)? Have any of you ever gotten a Fan Club rate or Entertainment rate for a kids suite?

Yes, I could just break down and call the 800 number and ask, but what would be the fun in that? :D Besides, I would sort of like to know what to expect before I call...

I have a kids suite reserved at PBH for our trip in 7 days (beginning our 10 day trip w 2 days at USO/IOA). I got a fan club rate (value season) for $321 ($357 with tax). There is no entertainment rate for kids suites.

Thanks, kj&zb'smom. I called tonight and was given the exact same rate for my stay at PBH in early December. (The first rate quoted was $459 per night :eek: , but when I asked for the Fan Club rate, I was quoted $321 per night.) That's a pretty steep increase over the $209 Fan Club rate for a deluxe room, but we have never been to Universal before, and may not go again for awhile, so I decided to splurge for our three nights there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter