Kids riding alone on kiddie rides??

rosiecorolla

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am taking my almost 7 yo in May for the first time....is it OK to think she could ride Dumbo alone? What about other kiddie rides? Or, should I be planning on squeezing my tush in with her? She is a hardy child and won't be afraid--it is I who might worry.

Thanks for the advice---just trying to get myself mentally prepared.

Rosie

You don't want to ride with her?or don't think you can?The Dumbo seats are one in front of the other so "squeezing" in isn't really a problem.My 6ft. large built husband rode Dumbo with my 11 yr.old,so I can't imagine you'd have trouble with a 7 yr.old.

I think she should be fine if you don't want to ride with her. You can see the line the whole time (that is my biggest fear not being able to see them the whole time!) But as for size you will fit in all the kiddie rides. I do and my butt is on the fuller side if you know what I mean!

mickey44a.gif

That's the beauty of wdw. You will be amazed at how different it is from amusement parks. The Dumbos on the Dumbo ride are very large -- plenty of room for you both.

Hi Rosie,

With our two DDs (aged 7 & 5), we are quite comfortable letting one or both of them on rides on their own, as long as the ride is in full view all the time (like Dumbo). It's a small world would not be an option!!

Once they are on, we go immediately to the exit and bag a good place so that they can see us as soon as they get off. We drum it into them to go straight to a CM if they can't spot us pretty quick.

Alison

slim.gif

What I saw other people doing was stand in line with their kids, then when they boarded the ride, they went to the exit from there if possible. Otherwise, just walk around to the exit. BTW, the minimum age to ride alone is 7 at WDW.

My sister and I are both rather large and we fit in all the rides at WDW, including Dumbo and the Astro Orbitor. The Deb Wills site (www.wdwig.com) used to list information about larger people and rides. I'm not sure if it still does, but it might be worth a look if that's why you are worried.

My daughter is almost 7 and I wouldn't have a problem with her riding the outside rides by herself, but I think I might feel a little uneasy about the dark rides, unless there was another child with her. I like all of the rides, so it really isn't an issue, yet :)

Have a Wonderful day, Eeyore

We let our 5 and 8 YO on together.

I, personaly, am terrified by Dumbo, because there is no door on the 'car' - I still have trouble imagine why they didn't design the elephants with a door.

But to answer your question, as long as you trust your child, go for it.

<font size="5"><font color="#FF0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">
Going to the World in 2 Days!!</marquee></font></font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter