Kid's Pirate Cruise

Minniemouse07

DIS Veteran
FYI... The Sassagoula River Cruise at POR has changed. It is now the Bayou Pirate Cruise and it is from 9:30am-11:30am.

The theming of the cruise has also changed it used to be all about learning the "jester" way of life and now is a pirate theme to match the other cruises.

I can give you a report mid December as my 6yo dd will be participating when we visit WDW early in the month.

Thanks!

We will be staying at the CBR, and I think we will have Parker on that one on the Tuesday. I HAVE TO CALL THOUGH TO BE SURE!

Any more info would be great to have for future trips or if we can't get in at CBR's pirate cruise!

I look forward to your updates on this cruise. We will be staying at POR in Feburary and have a 7 and 4 year old who may find it fun.:banana:

We got back yesterday and all the photos of the pirate cruise are on dh's laptop (I maxed out our 2GB card in 4 days....600 pictures!) so I will have to wait a bit before posting.

Dd (6yo) ADORED the pirate cruise at POR! pirate:

We arrived at 9ish in the morning and waited until 9:15am for them to start organizing the kids. Each child received a pirate bandana ..there were about 8-10 kids. I have a photo so I can count then!

They took the kids down to the dock area to get them all life jackets, then they walked between the screwholes on the dock over to the ship (something about landmines??)... I thought it was a great way to keep them away from the edge of the dock!

There were two CMs and the leader (at the beginning it was a CM but throughout the cruise it was different kids) carried the tattered pirate flag.

I took photos as they left and was back at 11:15 as they pulled back in and found the treasure in the lobby of POR.

Beth had such a great time and was talking about it for the rest of our trip. I think I'm going to try and book the one at the Grand Floridian for her birthday trip in July!

I'm going to try and call in this week to the podcast w/ a full review!

oh i cant wait please post pics of this event. My son was signed up for the one at GF last year but it was raining so he had to do it indoors at the resort. I want to sign him up for another one for the next trip so any pics would help thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter