Kids over 9 can order off the kids menu

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
We have a 12-year-old and ate at several Disney table service restaurants this past week. (not buffets) Even though the childs menu is ages 3-9, they let her order off of it regardless. So even if you have a child over 9, don't be afraid to ask about the child's menu.

I have never understood why Disney uses the ages of 3-9, because this is not industry standards at all, but they do. Just remember that this won't work at buffets.

I have a friend who always uses the DDP for her family. She is a picky eater and she has never had a problem as an adult ordering off the kids menu. The cast members have told her that she paid for a more expensive meal so it's fine.

Yes, we didn't have a problem with this in August. A few times my 12 year old couldn't find anything on the adult menu that he liked, so we were able to order larger portions of child menu items for him.

The meal portions are so large and I hate wasting food so I almost always order a kid's meal.I've never had a problem.

I am so happy to hear this! We're paying OOP for the first time and taking my niece along with my daughter. Hope you don't mind me asking along these lines.... has anyone ever ordered one adult entree and had two people share? Again, I've only done the DP, so this part is new to me. Thanks!!

I am so happy to hear this! We're paying OOP for the first time and taking my niece along with my daughter. Hope you don't mind me asking along these lines.... has anyone ever ordered one adult entree and had two people share? Again, I've only done the DP, so this part is new to me. Thanks!!

Yes, you can do whatever you want. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter