• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids Nite Out babysitting review

Suzalini

Earning My Ears
We were in Disney World last week, and it just happened to be our anniversary while we were there, so we wanted to have an adults only night out. We stayed at the Poly and thought about using the play center there, but ultimately decided on Kids Nite Out for in-room babysitting so that the kids could be in bed early! Just wanted to pass along our experience, which was great.

Our boys are 3.5 and 6.5 and they absolutely LOVED the sitter, who told me she'd been married 27 years and had kids and grandkids of her own. She filled out a questionnaire with info about the kids, and wasn't even fazed by my older son's exhaustion-induced meltdown when she arrived. :) She took them for ice cream, colored, played games, and texted me every hour or so to let me know how things were going and when they were asleep.

So, overall, we had a wonderful experience with Kids Nite Out and would definitely use them again! Hope this helps someone!

That sounds like a good experience. I like how she texted you every hour, to me that would be a MUST. We've thought about using the services, but I just can't let go of my general distrust of people.

One of my friends worked for them around 2008. She LOVED working for them. She had different storage tubs filled with games/activities for different ages. She really enjoyed it. She even would say how much the kids enjoyed "their time" away from mom and dad.

This is AWESOME info! We are thinking of trying to get a night out but can't decide whether to do the kids club at AKL or hiring KNO.

That sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had such a good experience, and hooray for a night out without the kids!

Planning my first trip with kids. Not sure if grandparents will come along. Those late night EMH would be so fun to do with DH sans kids. What was the rate?

Planning my first trip with kids. Not sure if grandparents will come along. Those late night EMH would be so fun to do with DH sans kids. What was the rate?

$18 hr. first child, $3 ea. additional child - 4 hr. minimum - $10 transportation fee (each ressie).

We had a great experience with KNO as well. We have 3 kids so the Kids Camp was too $$$, and I loved that I didn't have to drag tired kids back to my room -- they were already fast asleep! We'll be using them again for sure.

Thanks for posting this review! We are bringing grandparents along and think they will babysit in the room at night, but this is a great option in case they change their minds!

Hello I am considering Kids nite out but was wondering can they take the kids to do things at the resort like movies or arcade , dinner and so on? I have a 5,9 and 12 year old so I am sure the 12 year old would be bored just staying in the room.

Hello I am considering Kids nite out but was wondering can they take the kids to do things at the resort like movies or arcade , dinner and so on? I have a 5,9 and 12 year old so I am sure the 12 year old would be bored just staying in the room.
Yes! The only rule is no water activities (pool and bath). You'll need to leave money if the activities cost, of course. I allowed charging on my oldest daughters magicband and I told her to pay for the sitters meal with it (she only got a snack).

I'm glad you had a good experience with them!

We had a terrible experience, so much so that we cancelled the 2nd night we had planned and bought a $$ F&W event ticket for our then 8 month old DD, so she could sleep in the stroller and we could do the event. I have since found a really great sitter service that I LOVE, or would use kid's clubs (but DD2 is only 11m and I have #3 on the way, so it will be a while before we can use them).

I probably shouldn't let one bad experience ruin KNO for me, but it did and I can no longer use them.

I'm glad you had a good experience with them!

We had a terrible experience, so much so that we cancelled the 2nd night we had planned and bought a $$ F&W event ticket for our then 8 month old DD, so she could sleep in the stroller and we could do the event. I have since found a really great sitter service that I LOVE, or would use kid's clubs (but DD2 is only 11m and I have #3 on the way, so it will be a while before we can use them).

I probably shouldn't let one bad experience ruin KNO for me, but it did and I can no longer use them.
Would you be willing to share what the issue was? Just in general. Thinking about using them in January with a 6 year old and 10 month old.

Would you be willing to share what the issue was? Just in general. Thinking about using them in January with a 6 year old and 10 month old.

Sure - on the 2nd night of our first vacation with our DD - then 8 months old, we had Kid's Nite Out come. It was an older lady (around 65-70). She came right on time, but didn't bring anything with her. We wrote down instructions and I think we had planned for 5 hours total - 5-10PM, but we had to stop in around 7PM to change for dinner (5-7 we went to the MK for a few kid-free rides, then we had dinner at the California Grill).

When we stopped in at 7, we noted that the baby sitter didn't know how to use a Dr. Brown's bottle despite me preparing the milk in the bottle ready for her to warm up warm water, so instead she decided to screw on the nipple onto the Medela storage bottle of other breastmilk in the fridge. She had put our DD in PJ's, but over her clothes, so she was super warm, and the KNO babysitter stated she thought the room (which was mid-70's temp) was too cold for her so she decided to put extra layers on her. Also she was crying hysterically, which considering we have NEVER had an issue leaving her with people (family, daycare) worried me.

We got back to the room about 15 minutes early, and apparently she had just fallen asleep, 2.5 hours past her bedtime and hadn't taken the bottle. She told us she had eaten her squeeze packet dinner, but after we left we found the full squeeze packet left out on the counter, opened but nothing was gone.

It was weird that a hired babysitter didn't know how to deal with a very normal bottle, she had never seen a squeeze packet before, she didn't come with any toys (which KNO had said they would bring) and remarked that she had enjoyed watching TV all evening (which for an 8-month old, honestly at the time we didn't really watch TV with her - now at 4.5 I wouldn't really care lol).

So it wasn't Horrible I guess, but it was enough that we just didn't feel comfortable with KNO. I called them and cancelled and purchased her a ticket to the 3D Dessert Discovery party and she slept in the stroller for the whole party so that was fine. (I will say, KNO did say they would send someone else if we wanted on the 2nd night, but at that point I was just pretty upset over seeing DD so sad).

Sure - on the 2nd night of our first vacation with our DD - then 8 months old, we had Kid's Nite Out come. It was an older lady (around 65-70). She came right on time, but didn't bring anything with her. We wrote down instructions and I think we had planned for 5 hours total - 5-10PM, but we had to stop in around 7PM to change for dinner (5-7 we went to the MK for a few kid-free rides, then we had dinner at the California Grill).

When we stopped in at 7, we noted that the baby sitter didn't know how to use a Dr. Brown's bottle despite me preparing the milk in the bottle ready for her to warm up warm water, so instead she decided to screw on the nipple onto the Medela storage bottle of other breastmilk in the fridge. She had put our DD in PJ's, but over her clothes, so she was super warm, and the KNO babysitter stated she thought the room (which was mid-70's temp) was too cold for her so she decided to put extra layers on her. Also she was crying hysterically, which considering we have NEVER had an issue leaving her with people (family, daycare) worried me.

We got back to the room about 15 minutes early, and apparently she had just fallen asleep, 2.5 hours past her bedtime and hadn't taken the bottle. She told us she had eaten her squeeze packet dinner, but after we left we found the full squeeze packet left out on the counter, opened but nothing was gone.

It was weird that a hired babysitter didn't know how to deal with a very normal bottle, she had never seen a squeeze packet before, she didn't come with any toys (which KNO had said they would bring) and remarked that she had enjoyed watching TV all evening (which for an 8-month old, honestly at the time we didn't really watch TV with her - now at 4.5 I wouldn't really care lol).

So it wasn't Horrible I guess, but it was enough that we just didn't feel comfortable with KNO. I called them and cancelled and purchased her a ticket to the 3D Dessert Discovery party and she slept in the stroller for the whole party so that was fine. (I will say, KNO did say they would send someone else if we wanted on the 2nd night, but at that point I was just pretty upset over seeing DD so sad).[/QUOTE

Very helpful. I think I will probably still go with them but I am now armed with some questions to ask ahead of time. Thanks.

So it wasn't Horrible I guess, but it was enough that we just didn't feel comfortable with KNO. I called them and cancelled and purchased her a ticket to the 3D Dessert Discovery party and she slept in the stroller for the whole party so that was fine. (I will say, KNO did say they would send someone else if we wanted on the 2nd night, but at that point I was just pretty upset over seeing DD so sad).

That's awful! I need to PM you.

so glad to have found this thread!

question: we need a sitter for next week at WDW. AT DLR we just call when we arrive at the resort and get a sitter easily. Should I be calling ahead now for a sitter for next week at WDW?

What does KNO to background check the sitters? Does anyone know this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter