Kids meals question

Do any of the Disneyland restaurants have french fries, even if it isn't listed on their menu? I'll take the advice above to check the app when we are there, but right now I'm just trying to get a list of restaurants that might suit my family members (and our budget). My son has a disability and failure to come up with foods he will eat can ruin a day quickly. I have been going through all of the posted menus and the kids meals are leaning toward healthy choices. I know at WDW, there are often other sides available, but I don't have any experience with Disneyland. Thanks for any suggestions.

Do any of the Disneyland restaurants have french fries, even if it isn't listed on their menu? I'll take the advice above to check the app when we are there, but right now I'm just trying to get a list of restaurants that might suit my family members (and our budget). My son has a disability and failure to come up with foods he will eat can ruin a day quickly. I have been going through all of the posted menus and the kids meals are leaning toward healthy choices. I know at WDW, there are often other sides available, but I don't have any experience with Disneyland. Thanks for any suggestions.

Lots of the restaurants have fries, but if it's not on the menu I wouldn't count on getting them. For example, you can't get french fries at Jolly Holiday.

You can always order them from a restaurant that does and take it to wherever the family wants to go. I have an EXTREMELY picky eater and walked in to Blue Bayou with a hot dog for her one year.

Bring lots of stuff you’ll know he can eat.

Fries: award wieners dca, the space restaurant in dL. In Tomorrowland. The terrace maybe?

... My son has a disability and failure to come up with foods he will eat can ruin a day quickly...

Agree with the above suggestion to bring in lots of foods which you know will work for your son. Our oldest was the pickiest eater for years, so we brought in things for him to eat (sandwiches, snacks, cereal boxes, protein bars, etc.) to every restaurant, both CS and TS, at DLR. He was always allowed to supplement his meals with something off our plates or to order something additional if he wished (rare, but it did happen). No one at DLR ever had a problem with this.
You can get fries at the Stage Door Cafe in Frontierland.

Fries: award wieners dca, the space restaurant in dL. In Tomorrowland. The terrace maybe?
Note that the fries at Award Weiners are not “normal” fries. I love them but they are a much different shape than usual. In case you son is picky about that type of thing too.

Fries ar Cafe Orleans are garlic fries (so good). You can get them at Hungry Bear too.

Pretty sure Flos has a Turkey Sandwich on a normal bun. The other option is to order the gluten free version. It comes on white gluten free bread, but he'd never know the difference.

You can always order them from a restaurant that does and take it to wherever the family wants to go. I have an EXTREMELY picky eater and walked in to Blue Bayou with a hot dog for her one year.

That is our go to plan at WDW, but we know where the chicken and fry shack is. Thanks.

Part of the problem is he won't eat the things we can bring in as snacks. He won't eat chips, candy, snack bars, crackers, sandwiches, yogurt, cheese, any of the likely options. He'll do without and get more and more stressed as the day goes by. With the rest of the kids I would have said "eat what we have or go hungry", but in this case a meltdown always ensues.

Thanks for the good information. I went through most of the menus online last night and we can find him things to eat. Dad and I will be eating more burgers than we like, but as suggested, we can always carry food from one place to another if necessary.

Sheila

Part of the problem is he won't eat the things we can bring in as snacks. He won't eat chips, candy, snack bars, crackers, sandwiches, yogurt, cheese, any of the likely options. He'll do without and get more and more stressed as the day goes by. With the rest of the kids I would have said "eat what we have or go hungry", but in this case a meltdown always ensues.

Thanks for the good information. I went through most of the menus online last night and we can find him things to eat. Dad and I will be eating more burgers than we like, but as suggested, we can always carry food from one place to another if necessary.

Sheila
What kinds of things will he eat? We might be able to point you in the right direction.

We bring in fruit leather or whatever that other kind of fruit strips they have at Costco, nuts, applesauce/veggie packets, paleo protein bars from amazon-they liked the lemon pie flavor. Mine are gf/dairy free so it’s a little more work to find them food there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter