Kids meals in the parks?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
I've never looked before because I never needed to but do the QS places in the parks have kids meals?
I'm looking at a few websites that list the menus and none have any kids meals on them.
Makes me think that if this is true the Kids Dining Plan would be a valid option for my DD and possibly cheaper than paying OOP for her.
(I do believe that I can get the DP just for her right?)

Some locations have kids meals but not all. Universal’s website has menus, including kids menus where applicable. You can buy as many or few dp’s as you like. It’s easier to lose money on these than it is to save money. You have to choose from among the most expensive options to save money. It’s better to not buy the dp unless you find yourself ordering one of the most expensive options and know you will for the rest of the entitlements as well. As you look through the menus do the math to see if you come out ahead or not.

I believe you can purchase the dining plan at the time that you are eating your first meal (you don’t have to prepurchase like at Disney). Some park days sometimes wind up being shorter because of late starts when trying to get everyone out the door at the same time. It is usually not a savings unless you are maximizing it by getting the most expensive snack & meal options.

The Leaky Cauldron and 3 Broomsticks have kids meals, I sometimes get the kids fish & chips for the smaller portion. I have had them try to sell me a DP at the register but I don't know much about it.

Thanks, I'd never get it for us. The math just doesn't work, but if I have to pay those prices for my kid to eat a meal the DP will work at Universal for her because of the cost of it for kids. She will get her snack, drink and meal for only a few bucks more than the meal would cost.
Either that or we just give her a bit of our food from each of our plates - shes only 3 but boy can she eat!

I only did it once and it was in the way back machine. The only reason why I did it was, because I was literally being in the park all day and a friend wanted it. Typically now if I go to the parks, I do half days and if I eat, or drink anything, it'll be a nice snack, a pumpkin juice, or a nice meal prior to leaving. So, it makes no sense.

Tbh, while you have to select the most expensive items to truly get bang for your buck, or save money, unlike Disney, it's easier to get the most value for this plan. Just generally looking over at menus, there are few items that will make you "lose money". Also, if you want to get even extra bang for your buck you can also do combos. For example, with Mel's Diner, you can get a burger, fries, and a shake, which is considered their "combo" then on top of that you can also get your drink, which is included with the dining plan as well.

So, it's either good if you know what to get, or if you do really need to eat, or drink that much, or even you can buy one plan and split the meals. I personally think it's best to eat on the more light side in the parks anyway. Which is why I snack, or leave my meal until I'm done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter