Kids meals - 11 year old?

Tggrtoes

Earning My Ears
Eeek - just noticed (which reminded me of posts before) that the kids meal cut off is 9 years old. My kiddo only does a few protein foods and the kids meal really only option for him. Will I still be able to order at counter service places?

Additional challenge is that one of my sons favorite memories of his dad (who passed away 3 months ago) is eating one of those kids pack things with him on one of their daddy/son trips and watching monorail. He is so looking forward to sharing that with me and honoring his dad. He’s currently sobbing because I mentioned age.

Experiences or advice that will give us hope? I mean on mobile orders how would they know?

You will have no issues at all on counter-service. Table service it depends on your server. DD is 12, and she still sometimes orders off the kid's menu at DLR if she does not like anything on the adult menu. Most times, there is no issue. At Ariel's Grotto (which no longer exists), at breakfast they would not let her order the item just like it was on the kid's menu, but said they would make her what they said was a bigger size portion of the item on the kid's menu she wanted-- she was not happy because when it arrived at the table she said it was "different" and was not actually what she had always ordered off the kid's menu- she said it wasn't really the kid's menu item at all. That was the only time I can recall having an issue. Other than that- even at the fixed price meals they may still charge you more (and they don't always even do that- sometimes they just charge the kid's price)- but they typically will let you order from the kid's menu if that is what you want to do.

You will have no issues at all on counter-service. Table service it depends on your server. DD is 12, and she still sometimes orders off the kid's menu at DLR if she does not like anything on the adult menu. Most times, there is no issue. At Ariel's Grotto (which no longer exists), at breakfast they would not let her order the item just like it was on the kid's menu, but said they would make her what they said was a bigger size portion of the item on the kid's menu she wanted-- she was not happy because when it arrived at the table she said it was "different" and was not actually what she had always ordered off the kid's menu- she said it wasn't really the kid's menu item at all. That was the only time I can recall having an issue. Other than that- even at the fixed price meals they may still charge you more (and they don't always even do that- sometimes they just charge the kid's price)- but they typically will let you order from the kid's menu if that is what you want to do.
Thanks! He’s got a plan on fantasmic menu at river belle terrace and a few options in place for other table menus. So phew it sounds like we are good. Holy cow - on our way in 15 hours!

Have a great time!! My kids love those Power Packs too. :)

Thanks! He’s got a plan on fantasmic menu at river belle terrace and a few options in place for other table menus. So phew it sounds like we are good. Holy cow - on our way in 15 hours!

Have a fantastic trip!!!! I don't know what your server will be like for the Fantasmic package at RBT, but when DD was 11 ours specifically allowed DD to order from the kid's menu when there was nothing she wanted on the adult menu. We were prepared to pay the adult price and figured they would charge us that since it was the Fantasmic package, but I think they even only charged us the kid's price. They have changed the menu since then and last summer at age 12 she was happy with the adult menu there.

My girls are now 13 and 11 and have continued to order from the children’s menu at table service restaurants when it suits them (probably half the time depending on the restaurant). Even when it’s a dining experience, but they prefer a kids meal option, I’ll ask and the server has always accommodated. I offer to pay extra if needed (since they’re older than the cut off), but have never been charged extra. Our experience, is that CMs just want everyone to be happy and will do whatever they can to make that happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter