Kids & Magic Bands 2022

Gingerfun1

Mouseketeer
Hi all - do ticketed kiddos (so ages 3+) need to wear their magic bands to check in to the parks and any genie+ or LL? Do the parks still do fingerprints?

Any tips/tricks to managing this? Thanks in advance!

Either they wear their magic bands, or you use magic mobile or some other ticket media to get them into the park/lightning lanes/etc.

The parks are back to using biometrics, although I think with kids you can use a parent/other traveling adult's finger.

Either they wear their magic bands, or you use magic mobile or some other ticket media to get them into the park/lightning lanes/etc.

The parks are back to using biometrics, although I think with kids you can use a parent/other traveling adult's finger.

Thank you!

Just be aware that if you end up using another adult's biometric scan, that same adult will need to scan with the child on park entry every day of the trip. Depending on the child's age, I'm not sure they do the scan.

You will need a MagicBand, hard plastic ticket, or use MagicMobile to enter the park as well as using the LL at attractions.

Just be aware that if you end up using another adult's biometric scan, that same adult will need to scan with the child on park entry every day of the trip. Depending on the child's age, I'm not sure they do the scan.

You will need a MagicBand, hard plastic ticket, or use MagicMobile to enter the park as well as using the LL at attractions.
Helpful. Thank you.

Hi all - do ticketed kiddos (so ages 3+) need to wear their magic bands to check in to the parks and any genie+ or LL? Do the parks still do fingerprints?

Any tips/tricks to managing this? Thanks in advance!

Yes 3 and up need ticket media, can be magic band, admission card or magic mobile; and yes, they are back to requiring biometrics for all guests.

Managing: If they have a hard time wearing a MB or you don't want to buy them then an admission card is the next best, can be worn in a lanyard or carried by a parent the cm at park entrance can issue them.

IMHO one person using Magic mobile for more than one guest at a time is time consuming and confusing especially at LL entrances.

They scan as young as 3. After my kids had trouble with the scan, we used my finger instead, but I am glad we never decided to split up our party on the trip, since I have to scan for both kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter