kids cups in MDR

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
I've noticed in vlogs kids get a white-ish cup with a lid at dinner in the MRD. Can they keep them to use around the ship? I can't tell the quality of the cup. Thanks!

I've noticed in vlogs kids get a white-ish cup with a lid at dinner in the MRD. Can they keep them to use around the ship? I can't tell the quality of the cup. Thanks!
It's been several years since my dd used one, but I think it was plastic. We always left it on the table when done, but pretty sure they would let you take it with you. They do have speciality themed cups that you can buy. We've bought the pirate mug, crush turtle one, and BB 8 one. They came with special drink and were around $15, I think. Your server will ask you if you want one of the speciality ones on different nights, they aren't pushy about it if you say no.

The last 2 cruise we were on either used the plastic cups from Cabanas with lids or the coffee cups with lids from the drinking station. Really think it depends on the servers.

Only concern is they want you to use a new, clean cup every time you go to the beverage stations.

My oldest loved the cups from the MDRs so much he brought one home as a souvenir. It had a domed top with a hole for a straw. It is not spill proof, but we've found it to be dishwasher safe. We used new cups at the drink fill station and would grab a coffee cup lid to help minimize spills.

We were always allowed to take any dish or cup or glass from any place and walk it around the ship, kids cups from MDR are no exception. IDK if it was a supply issue or some other reason but our December cruise did not have the same cups as the two prior we had been on. In February we received clear plastic cups with domed lid that are quality enough to be re-usable and even souvenir worthy. (Side note, in a restaurant I've worked at the kids cups were plastic and thrown away after each use, anyone know if DCL re-uses theirs?). In December we received what were more the quality of to-go cups and not something I would keep to use around the ship.

We were always allowed to take any dish or cup or glass from any place and walk it around the ship, kids cups from MDR are no exception. IDK if it was a supply issue or some other reason but our December cruise did not have the same cups as the two prior we had been on. In February we received clear plastic cups with domed lid that are quality enough to be re-usable and even souvenir worthy. (Side note, in a restaurant I've worked at the kids cups were plastic and thrown away after each use, anyone know if DCL re-uses theirs?). In December we received what were more the quality of to-go cups and not something I would keep to use around the ship.
I'm curious if they re-use them too!

What ship were you on when they didn't have the cups? I really hope they have them on the Wonder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter