Kids Clubs?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
I'm taking my 2 kids, without dh, in november. they are 10 years apart in age, 14 and 4, and i'd like to be able to take the older one out for awhile to ride rnr coaster and tot, etc. which kids club have you tried and would recommend? my little guy goes to daycare, so will likely do okay with a group!

tia

Neverland Club is the best of them, of course, big, perfectly themed, and with a private "kid's buffet." Cub's Den was a little spartan, but DS was only one of 2 kids there that one night, and he still had a lot of fun, because he liked the "teachers" that were on duty. Harbor Club is very open and welcoming, though not very heavily themed; the helpers there were especially nice when DS was there, and rather young; usually they are a bit more grandmotherly (by "young," I don't mean teens; I'd say they were in their late-20's to early 30's.)

One caveat about Neverland Club: the entrance can be a little intimidating to a child who has never been there. You cannot see into the playroom from the registration area, which is a desk shaped like a child's bed, and it's dimly lit. The lady who was doing registration the first time DS went was a little stern, and she frightened him--he thought she was going to make him go to bed, as that was all he could see, so he did not want to stay. Finally, one of the ladies from the play area came in and left the door open behind her for a few seconds; one glimpse was all it took, and he was off like a shot!

Yesterday, over Easter dinner, DS' big exciting news for Grandma was that he is going to get to go to "the Peter Pan Club" *two* times when we go to Disney World! (DH and I are doing an e-night, and also going to dinner later in the week.) Last time he went to the Neverland Club; it took us a full hour to cajole him into leaving; he had to show us *everything.*

we have used both the Harbor club, and Simba's Cub House at AKL, neither are particularly themed, but they are both very nice, and my dd had a nice time at each of them. I have heard that the Neverland Club is very big which might be a bit off putting for a younger child? I'm not sure as we haven't used it, but we were very happy with both of the clubs we did use.

if you want to go to a park, then I would pick a club near to that park - we had planned on doing e-night while we were staying at AKL, but we decided it was going to be a rush to get back in time (E-night wasn't starting till 10, and the kids clubs close at midnight I think), so instead we went to Jiko and had dinner, which was fabulous.

The night she went to the Harbour club, we went to MGM and saw Fantasmic. There was plenty of time to get back to the Harbour club after MGM closed.

Bev

thanks for the info! it's great to hear others' experiences with this!

i'd like to take dd to mgm while ds is at a kids club, which one is closest to that park? do i need to make ressies ahead of time, for week of nov 6, or should there be availability enough that i can i do it when i get on-site? where is the harbor club located? where is neverland?

many thanks, moms!

the Harbour club is in the Yacht and Beach Club, there is also a kids club in the boardwalk, either would be good for MGM.

The Neverland club is at the polynesian.

You need to call early (I think 180 days out) to book a place, its quite likely you would get a place in November, but if you want to be sure, I would book it early.

there is a faq here Childcare FAQ

which tells me I have the name wrong, we definitely used the Y&B hotel, so I think we must have been to the Sandcastle club. Sorry about that.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter