Kid's Club Gift

diz*kid

Earning My Ears
I have read somewhere on this board about the kids getting a lunch box(pack) as a gift to bring home. Do they still give this bonus or has it changed to something else. My son is 9, if that makes a difference.

On our 7/14 cruise, our 7 year old daughter received a soft lunch pack and water bottle. She also received a tshirt for participating in the "Discover the Magic" show on Friday afternoon. All ages received the tshirt, I don't know if all ages receive the lunch pack. She also attended "Goofy's Giggle Gala PJ Party" and was supposed to receive a pillow case to decorate, but they didn't give them out . :( Oh well!

Have a great trip!

:)

My daughter (6) got a lunch bag and water bottle in her club. My son (12) got something different, I will ask him when he gets home.

My son got a hat. My daughter did get to make a pillowcase at the party, she loves it.

The Lab gift was the "bucket" hat - blue w/Oceaneer Lab printed in the front. My girls love it. The Club gift was a lunch bag w/Oceaneer Club printed on the front w/matching water bottle. My dd5 packs it every day w/"stuff". The pillow case is the "treasure" though! She carries it EVERYWHERE! She even took it to the movies last night (we saw Princess Diaries sneak peak :D ) SingingMom - what a rip! Did you send a letter to DCL about that? I'd be bummed if she didn't have that - it's not just a case but a small pillow for it, too. It has Goofy on it (they got to paint him) and DCL logo. What a bummer :mad:

Trishy -
I went to Guest Services the next day to ask about the Pillowcase and they called the Oceaneer's Club, who said they had "techincal difficulties" and they did other crafts instead. (Which they did not.)

Well, my daughter was so heartbroken, she had talked about the PJ Party and pillowcase for weeks and it was listed in the Personal Navigator for that week. Any idea who I could contact?
Thanks,
SingingMom

i made the mistake of telling my kids about the lunchbag which i read about here. obviously they never got it.the 8 and 11 yr old did get the hat and the 3yr old got the pillow and case all got t-shirts for being in the show. you can't really count on getting anything i had also read you would get a pin for completing the walk a mile with a smile and you do not.i say go not expecting anything that way you'll be happy with anything.;)

SingingMOm go to the DCL page and email them and let them know how disappointed your daughter was abut the pillow case. I emailed them about the fact that one daughter got something and the other didn't (same group) and they sent the girls a nice signed picture of characters and a beanie baby. It is worth a try.

Thanks, Dis4me! I will email DCL and let you know if I hear from them! My DD would be thrilled! Thanks again!

sumfun, my dd8 didn't go to the lab on Friday night because she was sick (vomited outside of Shutters - YUCK) - her sister (11) came back about midnight with the Hat gift. Well, that didn't sit too well with my dd8 so my dd11 went back down to the lab (they were closing up) and asked for one for her sister. They gave her one (thank goodness - prevented a lot of arguing on the way home). We learned from others that they started giving them out on Thursday, but some people had to ask because they didn't keep track of who got them & who didn't.

SingingMom - either email (on the www.disneycruise.com page) or write to them. The address we used for writing (was to give positive feedback) listed at the end of the cruise documents is: Magical Cruise Company, Limited, DBA Disney Cruise Line
210 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747

Good luck - I certainly would let them know, though. They know ahead of time how many children will be on the ship to provide enough supplies for everyone. (good point to bring up???)

:) Thanks Trishy! I will let you know if I hear from them! If we don't, I'll buy her a plain pillowcase and we'll decorate it together! (me, of NO artistic talent!)

FYI: DD7 received a pillow and pillowcase in the mail yesterday from DCL! She was positively thrilled! What a nice gesture - Disney really is first class! :earsgirl:

Glad to hear it Singingmom. That is why we continue to cruise Disney:smooth: :smooth:

That's great! I'm glad it worked out for her - now she can carry hers around everywhere like my daughter's been doing! Aren't they cute, though? I love the size - so adorable. Well, thanks for sharing the good news. :D

We are sailing on a 4 day cruise April 21. How do you find out about the gifts? Is it posted in the Navagator? Does the child have to be at the club a certain amount of time? My DD5 will probably spend most of her time with us but we are going to sign her up for the Oceaneer's Club. She's looking forward to it.:confused:

if they "painted t-shirts" for souvieners - so I was searching around and came up with this post. But, it is a pretty old post - I was hoping someone would reply that has cruised more recently. Does anyone out there have a answer for us??:pinkbounc :bounce:

No painted t-shirts. The only t shirts given are the ones for doing the farewell song with Mickey. I am planning on taking a sharpie and letting DD use it to have her friends sign that one.

I didn't actually mean paint - just using markers to decorate, etc. Either a tshirt - pillowcase ~ anything with DCL or logo on it. If they don't give these for an activity maybe I can purchase one. We've gotten something of the sorts on CCL and my DD's love them!

The 5-7 year olds do decorate a Goofy pillow with markers and such at the pajama party. My girls have done it twice and really enjoyed it.They are a wonderful souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter