Kids Club Age Change

JTlikestheDuck

Earning My Ears
I just received an email from Disney stating that age for the kids club drops to 3-10 for cruises after 12/21/23. Not happy about this change with an 11 yr old and 8 yr old for our spring break cruise. Both kids love the kids club and like to be together. Now I have to split up the family.

yep, my kids are 8 and 11 and we have a cruise booked in March. I can't believe they didn't think about the impact to families in this situation, paid in full etc. I'm sure we will enjoy our cruise and our oldest will take advantage of the open house hours but we may not have booked Disney if this had been disclosed previously.

I just received an email from Disney stating that age for the kids club drops to 3-10 for cruises after 12/21/23. Not happy about this change with an 11 yr old and 8 yr old for our spring break cruise. Both kids love the kids club and like to be together. Now I have to split up the family.

My almost 11 year old is devastated , we had planned a cruise next year so she could have one last good run since I know by 12 its more dicey if they like it or not :(.

yep, my kids are 8 and 11 and we have a cruise booked in March. I can't believe they didn't think about the impact to families in this situation, paid in full etc. I'm sure we will enjoy our cruise and our oldest will take advantage of the open house hours but we may not have booked Disney if this had been disclosed previously.

Honestly call them, they may work with it since its a huge policy change.

I am so mad about this. I booked the Wish again specifically so my 12 year old could experience it again before aging out. Open House is not enough.

We are cancelling our cruise next year due to the change. Plenty of other vacation opportunities out there. I think its stupid there is no overlap age either. I really hope they get lots of complaints.

Does anyone know if our kids can do the Open House without parents supervision? We had given our kids check in/out privileges last year, so can they enter Open House without us? I seem to recall them wanting parents to be there too during Open House?

This is rubbish. We also have kids 8 and 11! I seem to remember there was an online link to customer feedback for Disney cruise line, does anyone know what it is? We have 3 cruises booked over the next year and part of the reason was we could get one last year of them in the kids club together as the younger one won’t go on his own!

Which ship are you on? So far I've only heard about people on the Wish receiving an email and I want to know if it's across the whole fleet

I’m so upset by this. We sail Jan.5 and specifically booked this so my 12yo could get one last cruise in before she wasn’t allowed in kids club anymore and because my younger is extremely shy and won’t go without her bigger sister! We’re paid in full already and made all our plans. WTH?!!

We are really upset about this. Sailing in just two weeks, our 11 year old was so excited to be at the kids club with her little brothers one last time. She doesn’t want to go to Edge at all. Just got the email with no notice. We absolutely wouldn’t have booked for this date had we known she wouldn’t be allowed in anymore.

I’m on the phone to Disney Cruise right now, on hold. The agent I’m talking to just got the email herself. Everyone upset please call - let’s see what they make of the feedback. I feel like they should have given notice before people booked, and not changed it last minute for people already booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter