Kids Baking Cookies in EPCOT =0)

Baloo

<font color="red"><br>Laughter is the bloom<br>of
Hello!

I just found this tastey little bit of info while checking out other boards here on the DIS.Since it involves chidren ages 3-12,although there is no age limit these are the ages it's aimed at I thought the FB is the right place to inform people about a fairly new thing at EPCOT.

Here's what fellow Moderator Dopeygirl had to say:

The Toll House Junior Chef Baking is in the Sunshine Season Food Fair area of The Land. If you're looking at the row of stands, its in the far left corner. Yellow and red "gingerbread-y" looking stand. At the top of every hour, I believe (or maybe on the half-hour). And it runs 12-5pm, if I remember correctly. I'm *almost* positive it is free. I watched it in December and it looked like a lot of fun. Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early (no advanced sign-up)
.......................................................................................................

Mmmmmmmm.... I can almost smell those chocolate chips right now!!!

my seven year old son did this last October--it was adorable! we still have his personalized chef's hat. We did the last "class" of the afternoon, which was around 4 (I think). The chef was really great with the children--taught them about washing hands, measuring, etc. Each of the kids got a cookie, some chocolate chips, and a paper chef's hat. It was totally free (sponsored by Nestle's :) ) A very unexpected midday treat :)

We will have to do this! My DD (4) loves to bake and this may be the highlight of her day! Thanks for the info!

We just got back yesterday and my kids did this. It's downstairs next to the food court in The Land. There is no advance sign up. Just arrive 10 or 15 minutes early. They take a limit of 10 kids at a time. The "classes" are every hour, on the half hour - 12:30 to 4:30. There were girls and boys, aged about four to about 10 but there is no age limit posted anywhere. It is run by two women. They wash their hands (wipes) and each kid gets a "job" - pouring in the ingredients or stirring the dough. They each get a personalized paper chef's hat and, at the end, they each get a little container of chocolate chips and two cookies. It's cute and my kids had a great time.

Wow! I never knew about this. It sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the info.

Call me Grumpy, but we bake cookies at home quite often. When I go to Disney I want to do things we can't do all the time!

Call me Grumpy, but we bake cookies at home quite often. When I go to Disney I want to do things we can't do all the time!

For Mrs. Pete: I think you missed the point. It's the fun of watching these little tykes trying so hard to get it right and doing it all wrong. It's hilarious, and NOBODY would want to eat the cookie dough after they've been playing with it! This little gem is worth a hearty belly laugh or two. I'm sprinkling some Pixie Dust your way in case you get the point. ;)

Baloo,

Thanks for the info. We're leaving Thursday and plan to spend some time in Epcot. My 3 1/2 yo DD loves baking cookies and what mother wouldn't love having the mess in someone else's kitchen!!;)

We were having lunch in January, and one of the 'chefs' came up to us, and asked DS if he wanted to participate. It was the cutest thing. We still also have his chef hat as well.

Thanks for sharing this. I will have three little girls with me 3, 5 and 6 and they all love to bake and help in the kitchen. How nice to have the mess in someone elses kitchen. I will have to check this out.

This sounds like a very cute activity that my 5 yr old DD would love to participate in. :)

Thanks Baloo for posting the info on this. :)

The kids are inside a gated area, but it is open enough for everyone in the pavillion area to see. There are seats all along the outside of the gate for parents-or anyone else- to sit. You will get lots of cute photo opportunities. My daughters, ages 4 & 7, did this on our most recent trip and they had a blast. I have some hilarious pictures!!!!

I haven't been to Epcot since December of '92 and don't even remember The Land being there.

Cheryl

My daughter is 4 now. She loves the Jr. Chef program. It's one of the things she asks to do each time we go. She has done this about 4 times now. It's cute every time.

The first time, we were so surprised that it was free. Another great thing is that during the summer months it gets you out of the heat for a little while.

Epcot is a great park for kids. I think a lot of families overlook this park thinking that it is for a more mature audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter