Kids are off property with band and I'm on property

shalinao

Earning My Ears
Both of my kids have MB from previous trips so I am trying to figure out how to add them to my upcoming trip on MDE. They will be traveling with their High School Band and staying off property and I am staying on property. Is there a way to add them to MDE for the upcoming trip? Will they be able to link their ticket to their Magic Band? Since I manage their MB's, will I be able to make FP+ for them at all, even if they are off property? Last question, if they scan their old MB's with a Photopass photographer will they show up on my MDE since I manage their MB's?

I added 7 off site family members to MDE last Nov by entering their ticket code. 16 digit I believe, I added them to Friends&Family and made FP+ choices for the entire party of 11 60 days out. All members used Photo Pass successfully and got their FP+ choices, I gave the adults my user name and password so they went in and downloaded the photos they wanted.

Bill From PA

Why can't you just add them to your resort reservation? I don't think your room rate would increase, would it?

You just need to connect the tickets for their offsite stay with their current MDE accounts, and all should work fine.

Why can't you just add them to your resort reservation? I don't think your room rate would increase, would it?

Exactly. Last Nov only wifey and I actually stayed at the Board Walk but I put both adult daughters on our ressie for no extra cost so that they could drive over to BW and park after which we'd all trot off to a park. Also they'd be able to park free if they chose to drive to a park, they did this on our AK days.

Bill From PA

Yay a Disney band trip! So exciting to have your kid perform in such a happy place.

My son went to Disney with his HS band and stayed off site while I stayed on site. Unfortunately, his HS wouldn't give me the ticket info. There were 300 people on the trip so I get not being able to provide the info to everyone.

Luckily for my son he had an annual pass so I was able to make FPs for him. Honestly though, they are with their friends who won't have FPs and if your kids are anything like mine they won't want to be with you while you are there anyway.

I agree with pp's that you should add them on to your room if it doesn't cost you anything unless you have the dining plan. Once your kids get their tickets they can send you a photo of number and you can input it into your MDE account that way their MBs will work.

The other thing is my son was giving a lanyard to keep his ticket in that all of the participants wore, I think the only reason that he wore his MB is because I told him that I would pay for stuff he charged to it.

Thanks everyone. The coordinators are still working with the Disney people so I'm just hoping to be able to get their tickets before they leave to link them to their MB.

I am a tour director for a company that creates trips for high school bands and choirs. I have three bands going to Disney this spring!

Is there a tour company managing your trip? I cannot speak for all of them, but our company sends each individual on the trip their ticket number, far enough in advance to link it to book fast passes. We do not give them the actual physical tickets until they arrive.

I assume you manage your kids on MDE? If so, once their tickets are linked to them, any active MagicBands that are active on their accounts will work just fine. You will also see their Photopass photos. No need to do anything else.

Thanks everyone. The coordinators are still working with the Disney people so I'm just hoping to be able to get their tickets before they leave to link them to their MB.
If you can get ticket numbers, you’ll be able to book FPs at 30 days. Their bands can be used, and you’ll have access to their photos. I did all of the above for DS’s music trip over Thanksgiving.

I’ve done this kind of trip twice with(out) my band kids. They didn’t get their tix until park time so they were out for early fp, which was fine since they hung out with their friends.

I added them to my room reservation for no extra fee and they had a magic band and were able to charge to my reservation. We didn’t have the dining plan though. That would have changed things.

I did connect their tix to their bands when they got them and they had control from there. They downloaded the app and took over.

I only required them to meet me twice for a meal, and they were able to bring a friend. And a ride or two to satisfy me. Otherwise it was an AWESOME way to do the parks for me—adults only!

Oh, also I bought the memory maker and told them to get their friends photopass cards and I would download their pics for them.

Exactly. Last Nov only wifey and I actually stayed at the Board Walk but I put both adult daughters on our ressie for no extra cost so that they could drive over to BW and park after which we'd all trot off to a park. Also they'd be able to park free if they chose to drive to a park, they did this on our AK days.

Bill From PA

I thought more than two adults in a room costs an extra fee?

I thought more than two adults in a room costs an extra fee?

Yes, and as mentioned, we were there on rented DVC points, should have mentioned that. Numerous times we've included friends on our ressie staying off site but touring with us just so they could park for free at the parks and when visiting us at BW.

Bill From PA

Yes, and as mentioned, we were there on rented DVC points,
All due respect, it wasn't mentioned in this thread:
I added 7 off site family members to MDE last Nov by entering their ticket code. 16 digit I believe, I added them to Friends&Family and made FP+ choices for the entire party of 11 60 days out. All members used Photo Pass successfully and got their FP+ choices, I gave the adults my user name and password so they went in and downloaded the photos they wanted.

Bill From PA

Bill From PA

Can't be assumed, either.

Will your kids even have time to do anything outside of the planned trip with the band? A million years ago when I went with our marching band, my parents visited my grandparents in FL the same week and they came up from the Ft. Myers area to watch us perform. I recall literally only seeing them once for about 5 minutes after the performance and they saw us enough to take a few pics. It was definitely a trip where they kept us scheduled the entire time. We did have a few hours of free time in each of the two parks (there were just two parks back then), but that was time spent with band friends and we entered and left with the band through backstage areas. Things might be way different now, but I thought I'd throw out my experience.

Both of my kids have MB from previous trips so I am trying to figure out how to add them to my upcoming trip on MDE. They will be traveling with their High School Band and staying off property and I am staying on property. Is there a way to add them to MDE for the upcoming trip? Will they be able to link their ticket to their Magic Band? Since I manage their MB's, will I be able to make FP+ for them at all, even if they are off property? Last question, if they scan their old MB's with a Photopass photographer will they show up on my MDE since I manage their MB's?

It seems to depend on the band if you will know the tickets assigned to each member. For my daughter's trip they were not given anything. So, they were not able to make FP+ and even when they got to the park, they were clueless. Even though my daughter has an AP and the MDE app on her phone, she wasn't going to make FP+ plans w/out her friends. I did get her to wear her MB so that she would use the Photopass, since it is included on her AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter