Kids and the big blue toilet

denisenh

used to have tags
While some air travelers worry about being hungry on a long flight, I worry that one of my kids will "have to go". I make sure that they try to go before we get on the plane and that has been OK. Our flight is about 3 hours nonstop to WDW but I want to go to Disney Land and dread the long coast to coast flight. Do your kids use the airplane bathroom and how did you manage to get them to use it? I really think that my 6 year old would rather go in her pants if it came right down to it. One look at that bathroom sent her into a "holding pattern". help :(

LOL..I have no advice, just empathy. A few years ago my (then) 3 year old had to "go" on the plane. Well we got in there and she said no way. She held it the whole flight (3 1/2 hours), then I tried to get her to go at the airport when we landed...no way. We got to the hotel (I was sweating bullets that she would wet herself) and I told her to go there. Her reply? "I'm not going to the bathroom in Florida, remember?" Fortunately she had a change of heart and went but that whole trip she was very particular about which public restroom she would "go" in. I wish you the best! :eek:

(((((Hugs))))))) Been there! DOne that! Our soon to be three year old didnt want to have anything to do with the airplane bathroom....We talked about how all the other people were using the bathrooms.... and this was a speical airplane bathroom.... just like the Mickey mouse bathrooms only in an airplane. This got her in...... (mind you it was hard for both of us to fit! I dont know how anyone has sex in one of those things!:confused:

Anyway I digress..... She did great until we flushed! That was the end of it! She started crying...... :(

So my advice is.... if they go, flush on your way out...... after they have left!

Good luck and let us know what happens!

LOL guys...thanks for the empathy and been theres :) It helps to know that I am not the only mom with this problem. I guess that until I find an answer and/or my kids find the nerve, we will take flights with a connection every couple of hours. :rolleyes: :D

I wish I had this problem. My kids love the airplane bathroom so much that they try to get up and go to it every 15-20 minute!!! last time we flew, as we were in take off mode, actually climbing into the sky, my DS 8 says he has to go RIGHT NOW!!! Well, I did get him to wait until we leveled off, then sprint to the bathroom.

try to make you kid use the restroom in the plane if you have to sit on it and show them it doesnt hurt. while they are sitting down run some water.

Please try and get them to go or it can have last affects with the bladder. I used to hold mine when I was little and after I had my first child I peed everytime I sneezed or coughed and it wasnt a little it was a lot. I mentod to it to my God mother and she has the same thing and told me to go see a urologist. I was pregnant at the time with my second, after he was born i did see I urologist. and there is operation where they tack up the bladder, and it has to be redone every ten to fifeteen years, the cause of the bladder falling is because of holding your urine. and the only way the doctor will agree to to the surgury if you have your tubes tied or a hystorictomy. because once you get pregant with this procedure it will fall back to were it was before the surgery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter