Kidney Dialysis

Nancybell

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure if this is where I should place this question but I'm sure if it's not someone on the DIS will help me out...this June my mother and I will be meeting family in Disney for 1 week - this will be our 42 visit; her first as a new dialysis patient. We are scheduled for dialysis on certain days so I know we'll take those days a little easy, other than that I'm just wondering if there are any words of advice???

Thanks!
Nancybell

May I ask where she is getting dialysis done? My mom has been on for 4 years and hasn't traveled, but I'm curious. THanks.

Currently my mom is receiving her dialysis in SC, however, when we are traveling this June she will be receiving dialysis in Celebration, FL. Her Social Worker is currently in the process of completing her paperwork. She has her dates scheduled but is waiting for paperwork to receive her "run" times. The other thing that was requested was the name, address and phone number of the hotel your staying at. I'll be glad to update you as soon as I know the date and location. How is your mom handling her dialysis? It's so new to us that we're curious when we are speaking with others how well they are doing, etc. Hopefully, she can travel to the Disney with you in the future.

Unfortunately, my mom has many other serious health problems. She was doing fairly well until December when she had an aortic dissection and miraculously lived...she spent 9 weeks in the hospital and has never fully recovered. Prior to this she did everything on her own (she is 68 by the way)...cleaned, cooked, laundry, went out with us shopping, etc. She also has congestive heart failure.
What caused your mom's failure? Mine had focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
I hope you have a wonderful trip!

A friend's father is on dialysis and did his at Celebration when he came to visit. He was very complimentary and it was very easy to get to from their resort (Wilderness Lodge).

luvwinnie: So sorry to hear all that is going on with your mom. I'll keep her in my prayers. My mom was born with 2 kidneys; 1 which was a degenerated kidney (never developed) and they
removed that one 36 years ago - she had been doing really well and approx. 3-1/2 yrs. ago she was getting to many infections and it was detected that her remaining kidney was failing. She had had 16% function up until the middle of April and it drastically fell to 8% within 2 months, alas, kidney dialysis.

Nancybell

Safari Steve: Thanks for the update on your father's treatment in Celebration. That is where my mother will be having her treatment done - nice to know he was complimentary - I'll make sure she's informed.

Nancybell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter