Kiddos and Haunted Mansion

Do they let you skip the stretching room?
From what I can remember, others have mentioned using the wheelchair entrance to bypass the stretching room and get on the ride. You have to ask a CM, and as far as I know, it is up to them whether they will let you do it or not. There is no set policy, so you just have to hope for a helpful CM! :)

Took DS on it at 3 and we had to exit after the stretching room. He didn't like the dark and and became so scared that he screamed so loud - I felt bad for the people around us. CM's let me and DS exit after that and DH & DD5 went on to the rest - which she did fine. Poor DS was so shaken. Before our trip the following summer, I let him watch youtube videos to see what it was like and that seemed to help. We keep his blanket in the stroller for evenings so we just took that out and let him take it in with him. We told him to hide his head on my shoulder when he didn't like something. He did a lot better and made it through to enter the doom buggy and now it's one of his favorite rides

I had my kids watch a few episodes of Scooby Doo before we went to disney with each of the kids and my granddaughter before their first trips so I was able to say it's like scooby doo and give examples like how scooby and shaggy get scared and run but they never get hurt etc...it seemed to get the point across that it can seem scary but it won't hurt you.

My little one will be 3 when we go. She's pretty good with rides I think. But I showed her a video of haunted mansion and she said it was scary. So I won't be taking her there until she is ready. I kinda like that Scooby-Doo idea. Maybe it'll be enough to brave'n her up a little. Thanks

My daughter was 4, nearly 5 for her first trip. She loved the Haunted Mansion, but I did put my hands over her eyes for the dark part in the stretching room (and I warned her around it beforehand).

I think part of her love of it is because The Haunted Mansion is my all-time favorite ride and she knows that. We are going to go next year for a girl's only trip and she'd already told me she wants to ride it 5 times.

Do they let you skip the stretching room?

We were there this past Jan 2015, and we skipped the stretch room. We asked the CM at the entrance and she said to keep right upon entering the stretch room and to let the CM inside know that we wanted to skip it. Once we were inside, the CM told us to go through a hallway and wait outside the door. It turns out that the hallway led us to the wheelchair entrance. Anyways, despite the fact that for awhile I thought they had forgotten about us, a CM did come and lead us to the queue. We were brought in after the whole group in the stretch room had already passed. I'm glad we did it this way as DS2 was a happier boy for it!

Our 3 year olds were both fine on the ride. In the elevator room we held them and told them the lights were going to go off so they didn't have any issues with it. My one son doesn't really like dark rides but I just pointed out the "funny" ghosts and told him we were looking for ghosts like Scooby Doo does and I hummed the scooby song in his ear during the darker parts of the ride. The line is very congested and can be scary for little kids when there are lots of adults pushing together so we did hold our kids through most of the line when we got inside so that they didn't get trampled.

First time for our kids our daughter was 3 and our son was 5. Daughter was definitely more scared than my son but she made it through the stretching room and the ride without freaking out.

Like others, we watched the video ahead of time to prepare them. Once they rode it one time, they loved it and it's one of our families favorites ever since. They also have the haunted mansion movie now (Eddie Murphy) which they love!

Every kid is different. My 13 year old won't go near it still, my 12 year old loves it, and most of my younger kids just have no interest after hearing how my oldest hates it. My 10 year old has nightmares about it from 2 years ago! I can't explain why they feel this way, they have watched Scooby Doo, we do not watch ghoulish movies though.

My oldest loves roller coasters but just doesn't like ghoulish stuff at all. It's odd, but it's no problem for me...if we decide to do it with a few of the kids we just use rider swap so both my wife and I get to ride it with those that want to.

So you never know how your kid will react until you try it. It's goofy, but some find it scary.

The first time we went my youngest two were apprehensive about it. They went on it but held on tight. When we went back, it was Halloween time and so Jack had taken it over. I think this helped them get over being scared because they have a mommy who loves all things Jack and so seeing something familiar like Jack made it not so scary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter