Kidani vs. Jambo

Deesknee

<font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)
We are looking at staying AKL for the first time. We are dvc members and have stayed BLT, OKW, SSR, BWV on points. My question is what is the difference. I know very little about AKL. We will be a party of 3 DH,myself & DD10. We will most likely be in a studio.

So, any experts want to describe the differences. Any comments on disadvantages vs. advantages of each would be appreciated as well. We will have a car. I have heard a little about the parking, but constantly get confused. Anyone willing to describe as if talking to a 10 year old.;) thanks.

Also, it being our first time. What is the opinion of the value of using extra points to stay value studio, vs. standard deluxe studio, vs. savanna studio.

Go to the "Search" button up above and open it. Click ''Advanced Search." At next window in Search by Keyword, put in the words: Kidani and Jambo. Then open the window just below that which says "search entire post" and change it to "search titles only." Then click Search Now. You will get many threads that discuss the differences between the two

Go to the "Search" button up above and open it. Click ''Advanced Search." At next window in Search by Keyword, put in the words: Kidani and Jambo. Then open the window just below that which says "search entire post" and change it to "search titles only." Then click Search Now. You will get many threads that discuss the differences between the two

Thank you very much!

I just did as you suggested. Thank you so much. I was searching in the dvc thread. Although found some, I was looking for more. Now, I certainly seem to have it! Thanks again!

My standard answer to the Kidani vs Jambo question is: if staying in a studio, Jambo. If staying in a 1BR or bigger, Kidani.

My standard answer to the Kidani vs Jambo question is: if staying in a studio, Jambo. If staying in a 1BR or bigger, Kidani.

Yeah, apparently A LOT of people feel the same way. After reading as much as my brain could handle I went to make the ressie at Jambo. I couldn't get the entire week. So, I booked Kidani. There was only 1 day not available, but it was in the middle of the week. And since we changed resorts 3 times :crazy2: last trip.... we thought we'd NOT do that this time.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom though. :thumbsup2

I will tell you my humble opinion. I've stayed at Jambo 3 times now and just stayed at Kidani this past October for the first time. While Kidani was much quieter, I prefer Jambo. There are more restaurant/food choices, the 'store' is bigger and has more options as far as food to purchase for your room. However, I think the bus location at Kidani was better. But, I still prefer Jambo.

And I found you can't always guarantee that you can stop at Jambo and hop the bus to Kidani or vice versa. There were times when the bus stopped at Jambo first and times that it stopped at Kidani first. It didn't matter the park.

I also was placed, as a solo traveler, near the end of the resort at Kidani and I think it's a further trek than at Jambo and we've been placed pretty far away at Jambo before. All my views have been Savannah views as well.

I will tell you my humble opinion. I've stayed at Jambo 3 times now and just stayed at Kidani this past October for the first time. While Kidani was much quieter, I prefer Jambo. There are more restaurant/food choices, the 'store' is bigger and has more options as far as food to purchase for your room. However, I think the bus location at Kidani was better. But, I still prefer Jambo.

And I found you can't always guarantee that you can stop at Jambo and hop the bus to Kidani or vice versa. There were times when the bus stopped at Jambo first and times that it stopped at Kidani first. It didn't matter the park.

I also was placed, as a solo traveler, near the end of the resort at Kidani and I think it's a further trek than at Jambo and we've been placed pretty far away at Jambo before. All my views have been Savannah views as well.

Thank you.

Initially I had to reserve Kidani studio, as Jambo studio (both standard not savanna) was not available. However today after speaking with DH I waitlisted Jambo. AND it already came through. YAY for pixiedust:
Thanks again everyone.

Yes, I would stay at Jambo if I was getting a studio. We needed a 2 bedroom and are taking 4 college aged girls, so we wanted the extra bath and the two queen beds. But for your family in a studio, I think you will like Jambo. It is so nice to have a counter service food place near by. I am going to miss that at Kidani.

Yes, I would stay at Jambo if I was getting a studio. We needed a 2 bedroom and are taking 4 college aged girls, so we wanted the extra bath and the two queen beds. But for your family in a studio, I think you will like Jambo. It is so nice to have a counter service food place near by. I am going to miss that at Kidani.

4 college girls? That is awesome! Have a great time. For my kids HS graduation there were 7 of them. They had such fun! Now they are approaching graduating college & still talk about it. They even wore the matching shirts I made them to their Chef Mickeys day! I hope your gang enjoy it.!!!!!!

I can't wait to stay AK Jambo! So excited!!!

Studios at Jambo have 2 sinks in the dressing area. I much prefer Jambo's studios.

4 college girls? That is awesome! Have a great time. For my kids HS graduation there were 7 of them. They had such fun! Now they are approaching graduating college & still talk about it. They even wore the matching shirts I made them to their Chef Mickeys day! I hope your gang enjoy it.!!!!!!

I can't wait to stay AK Jambo! So excited!!!

I am 'hoping' for matching t-shirts. :) My own DDs thought it was a silly idea when I mentioned it, but then one of the girls that is joining us said she would love to get matching t-shirts. haha So if it is HER idea they may go for it. We do not yet know whom the 4th girl will be. Maybe she will think t-shirts are cool too.

Yes, I would stay at Jambo if I was getting a studio. We needed a 2 bedroom and are taking 4 college aged girls, so we wanted the extra bath and the two queen beds.

4! I did it once with three (DD and two college friends) and fortunately came to my senses afterward and have not done it since. That was back in the day when Pleasure Island was still going strong and nineteen-year-olds could get into night clubs. There were a number of nights of their coming home at 2 in the morning and my worrying until they arrived.

I am 'hoping' for matching t-shirts. :) My own DDs thought it was a silly idea when I mentioned it, but then one of the girls that is joining us said she would love to get matching t-shirts. haha So if it is HER idea they may go for it. We do not yet know whom the 4th girl will be. Maybe she will think t-shirts are cool too.
Dizkids2009.jpg

They all loved them! Their only complaint was since it was June, they were hot. I think the large print on the front made them hot. I hope your group will give in. It gets them lots of attention, especially if the trip is in celebration of something & you write it some how on the shirts!

4! I did it once with three (DD and two college friends) and fortunately came to my senses afterward and have not done it since. That was back in the day when Pleasure Island was still going strong and nineteen-year-olds could get into night clubs. There were a number of nights of their coming home at 2 in the morning and my worrying until they arrived.
YIKES! I would have been a nervous wreck! Thank goodness none of my group was drinking age yet. Plus they were too busy at the parks to think about clubbing. But, if they were drinking age & Pleasure Island was around, that may have been a different story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter