• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani Village or Jambo House?

scottd7

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! What is everyones take on Kidani vs Jambo? They both look amazing but Kidani just seems so isolated from everything. Thanks!

They are 200 yards apart, but they are a bit isolated. The price we pay for stunning views of animals on a savannah.

We loved Kidani, want to try Jambo and we will return to Kidani too.

Hi everyone! What is everyones take on Kidani vs Jambo? They both look amazing but Kidani just seems so isolated from everything. Thanks!

What size room? I've stayed at both. For a studio, I'd do Jambo, especially without a car. For a 1 or 2 bedroom, I'd go with Kidani for the extra bathroom and extra room.

I found Kidani to be more relaxing. I had a car so the parking was easy and distance to the elevator was not an issue. Could also make a quick run over to Jambo for counter service. If you are using the busses, Kidani is the first stop. I stayed there in June right after it opened and we left people on the curb at Jambo during the morning rush. Kidani has rooms on floors 2 to 6. Jambo is just 5 & 6 (club level on 6).

:) Jambo has food ( Jiko, Boma and Mara), large glorious lobby, mature landscaping. More of a busy Marketplace vibe. Large giftshop.

Kidani is homey and friendly, Sanaa, awesome CMs that do a drum cafe int he evenings and lectures in the library. Community Hall, better splash pool for kids. Romantic, comfy vibe. Smaller giftshop. Long hallways for some.

There is an easy walkway between the two and also a small van shuttle between them. You can also take buses.

I agree with the other poster...Jambo for value studios and Kidani for a glorious adult only trip. My take on the buses is that it is part of the trip and part of what we enjoy. We like the fact that AKL and AKV are remote and kinda disappear into the surrounding landscape. Where else can you see giraffe from the balcony and wild turkeys out by the Kindani swimming pool. DH is a DVC purist and will only stay at AKV...especially now that we have spent one night at BLT...he wasn't impressed. :confused3

We had the unfortunate luck of a four day trip that was 45-50 and rainy every day this January. Kidani was horrible. Nothing to do (pool- out; animals- not out). Had to walk to Jambo in the very cold rain with strollers and umbrellas (try that) for food or any entertainment. Jambo was gorgeously busy.

I think it depends on how you like to vacation. Jambo has a great lobby and food. Kidani I find so relaxing and warm. It's. Just so inviting.

Honestly, I wouldn't over think it. It's AKV and I don't think you can go wrong. :)

I think it depends on how you like to vacation. Jambo has a great lobby and food. Kidani I find so relaxing and warm. It's. Just so inviting.

Honestly, I wouldn't over think it. It's AKV and I don't think you can go wrong. :)

I agree. We like the hustle and bustle of Jambo. Plenty of restaurants, entertainment, the large lobby, the whole ambiance.

I haven't even stayed at Kidani, but I know from most of these comments and others, that I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. We always stay in studios, so with that respect Jambo is just fine for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter