Kidani Village or Jambo House

Kellyh123

DIS Veteran
We will be going in January and renting points. We will be staying in a Savannah view room. Which resort would you choose.

Kidan Village or Jambo House

Thanks

For me, it depends on room size. For studios, I prefer those in Jambo House. For 1-bedroom and larger, the ones in Kidani Village are larger and have an additional bathroom.

Kidani Village does not have quick service dining, there is Sanaa with is table service.
Jambo House has The Mara which is quick service.

If first time there jambo .. can't be the lobby and entrance. Total wow factor.

We will be going in January and renting points. We will be staying in a Savannah view room. Which resort would you choose.

Thanks

Studio - Jambo. Room size is about the same. 1 bedroom or larger - Kidani. Kidani 1 bedroom & larger have an extra bathroom, a better master bath (separate tub/shower) and the room is larger.

If you have a car, parking is easier at Kidani.

We are Kidani fans we love the cosy quiet feel. We always eat as Boma so we visit Jambo as well.

Thanks

Based on our research on this board and elsewhere, we booked JAMBO Studio (x2) for August. It will be our first time at AKL, so we are looking forward to the resort and all!

If you have a good experience at either, please post your thoughts upon your return.

This is my home resort and I love them both. Infact, I often flip flop between the two.

IMO, if you are looking for animal viewing and that's super important, I personally think it's better at Kidani. It's also a little more relaxed, layed back feeling. The pool is a bit smaller but that usually equals a bit more quiet but not always. They do the same type of activities at both.

But I will say that Jambo is the reason we fell in love with AKL. It's grand and it is a tad more convienent if you want quick service. You can easily walk to Mara from Kidani in about 10 minutes on a paved pathway or take a shuttle (ask at the front desk) or bus.

If you are driving, Kidani has covered parking. Jambo does not.
If size of room is a factor, Kidani hands down. Even the studios are a bit bigger in Kidani.

You'll enjoy either side of AKL though. You really can't go wrong.

Thanks so much everybody.

We have stayed at AKL before and loved it. We love the atmosphere and the animal viewing is very important to us. We also like to walk and since we are going in January it should be a pretty nice walk. We have decided to stay at Kidani this time.

Thanks for all of your advice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter