• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani Village or Jamba House?

Stephanie Branco

Miss Minnie
We are renting DVC points for the first time, and have decided on the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We can't decide between Jamba house or Kidani village. Looking at getting a 2 bedroom. Anyone know what the difference are between the two? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Kidani 2BRs have 3 bathrooms and Kidani is the first stop for the park buses and then they stop at Jambo. Jambo House has the more impressive lobby and more restaurants (Boma, Jiko and quickservice Mara vs. Sanaa at Kidani). DVC villas are on the 5th floor at Jambo House and make up the entire building (all floors) at Kidani.

more info is here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/kidani-village-vs-jambo-house-for-my-family.3560585/

http://www.disboards.com/threads/animal-kingdom-lodge-vs-jambo-house-vs-kidani-village.3499852/

Kidani 2BRs have 3 bathrooms and Kidani is the first stop for the park buses and then they stop at Jambo. Jambo House has the more impressive lobby and more restaurants (Boma, Jiko and quickservice Mara vs. Sanaa at Kidani). DVC villas are on the 5th floor at Jambo House and make up the entire building (all floors) at Kidani.

more info is here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/kidani-village-vs-jambo-house-for-my-family.3560585/

http://www.disboards.com/threads/animal-kingdom-lodge-vs-jambo-house-vs-kidani-village.3499852/

All of this...plus, the 2br's at Kidani are about 100 sq ft larger than the ones at Jambo.

There are 82 "possibilities" of 2br's at Jambo, as all are lockoffs. There are 308 2br's at Kidani...140 dedicated, 168 lockoffs.

We own DVC at AKL and like both... but LOVE Jambo House. Kidani is a bit bigger and at the pool has a splash area for children that is amazing. However, the heart of AKL is Jambo House. That's where you will find the grandeur and lots of magic. Also, the food court and Jiko and Boma.

Both are wonderful. In our opinion, Jambo is the soul of the resort.

We prefer Kidani. The 3 bathrooms is great, and we love the relaxed feel - feels more like an apartment complex than a bustling resort. We love that its quiet and feels remote.

We LOVE the Jambo House lobby - its impressive. But we aren't living in the lobby! its just something you pass through.

We don't use quick service when staying DVC, but if you do - that is a plus for Jambo. We like to eat at Boma or Jiko - but that's just going to happen once a trip - and we walk over - though you can take the bus or internal shuttle.

I haven't stayed at either yet, but I chose Kidani over Jambo for my June 2017 stay specifically because of the extra space and 3rd bathroom as it's the same amount of points per 2 bedroom either way. I am traveling with 6 in my party and this way every 2 people got their own bathroom and "bed"room to call their own. For me this was the only factor in why I chose one over the other, so your party size and type could have quite a bit of pull in which you choose. Hope we both love it !! :donald:

We prefer Kadani over Jambo since it is newer and the rooms seem a little nicer to us. Also the big plus is being the first bus stop. The one thing about the resort we did not like was the long walk to the pool. We were the second to last room on the opposite side of the resort from the pool. It was a bit of a hike to get there but that was the only downside to the entire resort for us.

We totally agree with kwdw BUT with a different results for our family:) The Jambo lobby is fantastic and even if you only use it to walk through, you know you are at AKL, whereas Kidani, it looks like a typical timeshare lobby that could be anywhere. If staying Jambo you really only have to go to Kidani to use the kids splash area, and we found the pool at Kidani was smaller. The majority of the food is in Jambo and so is the majority of activities, like night vision, kids games etc. When at the hotel, if you like to spend most of your time in your room then Kidani maybe the way to go since it's bigger, but for us we like the grand lobbies and doing fun stuff. One night we came back from the park and they were just starting the kids story, followed by a parade around the lobby and the kids got to use drums etc. our DDs loved it. That would not have happened if we were staying in Kidani.

For a first stay, I'd pick Jambo - the lobby is really impressive and there are more amenities at the resort. But...that third bathroom really is nice, and if you think your family needs it, that could be the deciding factor right there.

All two bedroom villas at Jambo House are lockoffs, meaning a combination of a studio and one bedroom. The studio portion will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. The master bathroom will not have a separate tub and shower (they are combined in one). Kidani has dedicated two bedroom villas with two queen beds in the second bedroom and a separate shower and tub in the master bathroom.

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. Since we have a party of 6 adults we are leaning towards Kidani, although the gradure of Jamba is very appealing.

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. Since we have a party of 6 adults we are leaning towards Kidani, although the gradure of Jamba is very appealing.
Remember< just because you choose one, doesn't mean that you can't enjoy both.:confused3 Meaning the pools, the restaurants, the night stuff. It's a quick n easy walk or a short/quick lil shuttle ride over.

Others have already gone over pros & cons....I like them Equally.

6 people, you'll want 3 bathrooms . How are the sleeping arrangements going to be worked out?

6 people, you'll want 3 bathrooms . How are the sleeping arrangements going to be worked out?

Kidani Village 2 bedroom has the 3 baths. We will have two guests in the master and since the 2nd bedroom will have two beds, 4 people can sleep in there or if shome one choses to sleep on the pull out couch that is another option.

Kidani Village 2 bedroom has the 3 baths. We will have two guests in the master and since the 2nd bedroom will have two beds, 4 people can sleep in there or if shome one choses to sleep on the pull out couch that is another option.

We have stayed at kidani with our DD's family. So 4 adults and 3 kids (at the time). Adults took the bedrooms and kids had the living room. We loved it. I love the long balcony. You could go out the bedroom and go in the livingroom.

We are staying there again in May with our DS's family.

Just left the Jambo and wished we had booked Kidani again. It was newer and bigger. BUT Jambo is not to be beat when it comes to the lobby, the pool, the restaurants and the activities for the kids. Tough choice. You'll enjoy either one of them.

I am in the same exact boat as you with a traveling party of 7. I own at AKL but too was having a tough time deciding between the two. I had my heart set on a savanna 2BR, but when i looked at the points difference and realized that we probably would not be at the resort that much to view/appreciate the animal and the fact that there are many viewing areas around the resort, that is when i opted for a standard 2BR.

I loved the idea of the 3 bathrooms at kidani, the dedicated 2 BR at kidani will have 2 queen beds in one of the bedrooms, where as at Jambo only has lock off 2BR so one of the bedrooms will have a sleeper sofa instead of the queen bed. I just hate the look of a sleeper sofa. Jambo is a short walk or shuttle away, kidani has a community hall where they have activities for the kids if you are planning a resort day. The pool at kidnai has a bigger slide, if that matters to your kids.

majority of activities
I was able to attach the jan activity schedule. There really is stuff going on at both resorts so don't think you will be bored staying at either one. And if there is something at Jambo you want to do -- just stroll over.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

We debated for months and decided to go with kidani. Mainly because of the extra bathroom ( we are doing a 1 bedroom), underground parking, and the fact that the buses stop there first. DH gets very frustrated when buses arrive full. Plus the kids saw the splash area and pushed our decision over the top.

Maybe a dumb question, but how long does it take to walk to the Jambo lobby from:

1) The closest possible Kidani South Trail room to Jambo
2) The furthest possible Kidani North Trail room to Jambo
3) A Kidani North Trail room close to the Water Area to Jambo

I think any significant differences in walking distances would affect my decision in choosing Kidani vs. Jambo.

Maybe a dumb question, but how long does it take to walk to the Jambo lobby from:

1) The closest possible Kidani South Trail room to Jambo
2) The furthest possible Kidani North Trail room to Jambo
3) A Kidani North Trail room close to the Water Area to Jambo

I think any significant differences in walking distances would affect my decision in choosing Kidani vs. Jambo.

It's a LEISURELY 7-8 minute walk from the lobby entrance at Kidani to the lobby entrance at Jambo. I would add 4-5 minutes for the furthest room at Kidani, and subtract the same for the closest room. Add another minute or two to the pool at Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter