Kidani savanah view

double r

Mouseketeer
we have a 1 bedroom savanah view booked for oue 25th wedding anniversary trip in 2 weeks, it is what my wife wanted will she be able to get a good view of the animals? Just not sure should we request a certain room or floor level we have never stayed there before just looking for any help or info, thanks for any help.

The lower floors tend to be better views, since they are closer to the animals. There are excellent public viewing areas near the lobby and out by the fire pit. You are going to love Kidani! It is so relaxing and peaceful after a day in the parks.

We usually request lobby level, but the floor just above is good, too.

We were there in June in a 1 bedroom savannah view and it was fabulous! I think we were on the 3rd floor. There are 2 different savannah choices and they have different animals. I did some research before online check in be sure we could see the animals my son really wanted to see.

There is the Sunset and the Pembe Savannahs. The Pembe Savannah is the only one with okapi and the Sunset Savannah has giraffes, ostrich and zebras. There are other animals at each one but those are the "big" ones.

Good luck!

we have a 1 bedroom savanah view booked for oue 25th wedding anniversary trip in 2 weeks, it is what my wife wanted will she be able to get a good view of the animals? Just not sure should we request a certain room or floor level we have never stayed there before just looking for any help or info, thanks for any help.

This last May we had a two bedroom Savanna view on the fifth floor. We saw tons of animals! My two year could not get enough. Every morning she ran out to the balcony and watched the animals. In fact, she still, almost six months later, asks if she can go to Animal Kingdom. Then, she names the animals that she saw. Giraffes, zebras, yaks, ostriches, etc.......(By the way we even saw a rabbit, though I don't think that was a 'registered' guest on the savanna.)

The CMs in charge of feeding the animals I think do a good job spreading the 'food' around so the animals are encourage to walk throughout.

So, in the morning, pour your wife a cup of coffee and go on the porch. And begin your day by watching those magnificent creatures.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Thanks for the replies as she would really like to dee the giraffes so it looks like we should request the Pembe savanah view thanks again.

Thanks for the replies as she would really like to dee the giraffes so it looks like we should request the Pembe savanah view thanks again.

Request Sunset Savannah if you want to see giraffes. Okapi are in the Pembe savannah, not giraffes.

grumpydad said:
according to Allears, all the savannahs have giraffe's

Is that not true ?

I only know about kidani, but the pembe savannah does not have giraffes - only the sunset savannah does

I didn't realize there were multiple Savannah's at kidani, but the one we were at had giraffes. They ate outside our room. Amazing!

I didn't realize there were multiple Savannah's at kidani, but the one we were at had giraffes. They ate outside our room. Amazing!

Same here! We had a 2 bedroom savanna view on the 3rd floor. We were on the Sunset Savanna.

We had a split stay at Kidani and had 2 rooms: the first overlooking the Pembe savannah and the second overlooking the sunset. Definitely no giraffes on Pembe. The okapi are neat, though. Pembe is a bit smaller of savannah so to me, the animals seemed closer. But if you want giraffes, defintely request sunset savannah.

Happy anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!! My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor with a Pembe Savannah view for our 10th anniversary this past March. We had no trouble at all seeing any of the animals. Pembe is the smallest of the two at Kidani, while there are no giraffes on the Pembe savannah, I liked it better than Sunset due to the fact that the animals were easier to see from our balcony. I was also in love with the Okapi. When we stayed on the Sunset Savannah the animal viewing was hit and miss. I believe this is because the Sunset Savannah is so very large and spans between both AK resorts. Either way, you are going to have a beautiful view in one of the most beautiful hotels at WDW. Have a wonderful trip!!

Happy Anniversary... we're creeping up on #24.

If you want giraffes, then request the Sunset Savannah.

The Pembe Savanah does NOT have giraffes. It is a smaller savannah (relatively speaking) and there is not enough room for them to roam. The Pembe savannah has its own unique set of animals and birds.

I have stayed in rooms on different stays overlooking both savannahs. I enjoyed them both. The Sunset savannah is bigger and will have some of the more traditional animals - giraffe, zebra, ostrich, wildebeest, cranes, etc.

When you are at the swimming pool, you can go to the far end and there is a nice overlook of the Pembe savannah there. They have nice gazelle, river hogs, and the okapi.

Either one, you won't be disappointed, but if this is your first time, definitely go with the Sunset savannah... at least that's my opinion.

Rich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter