Kidani Pool and water temps in the summer!

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to the Kidani Pool at AKV recently? My family and I are going in July and are wondering if the water was refreshing? This might sound like a crazy question, but when we were at VWL in the summer months the pool was so warm it wasn't even refreshing. Can anybody weight in on this? thanks so much!

We were there in September and the water temperature was wonderful. Not too hot, not too cold. It was the perfect "cool" for 90 degree days, IMO. Loved it!

I think Disney does not heat the pools once the outdoor temperature during the day reaches 70º. So in the pools that are over 2 feet deep water temps is cooler, probably 80 - 85º, but not cold since it's hot outside in September. However baby pools like the one at BWV the water gets pretty warm, not cool at all.

We were at AKV in August of 2011, and I thought the pool water was too warm. There's alot of concrete, and little shade. We switched our pool hours to evening and it was a little better then.

Water temp is subjective - but generally speaking, all pools in FL are pretty warm in summer. WDW heats pools to around 82 as needed but doesn't cool them - the only way a pool will cool down in summer down here is due to large amounts of rain. My unheated pool at home sits in the 90s all summer. WDW's pools always feel a bit cooler than that, but not by a lot.

Have been many times in August and the pools are really warm. We like warm water and still used them-but really as you submerge, the water over your back just was almost hot feeling. For us its a great time to swim, but really not very refreshing.

We were there the 3rd week of July 2012. Even at 7pm the pool was still warm. That week was all sun and around 100 midday. The kiddie water area was much cooler because it's shaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter