Kidani 2br, OKW 2br or treehouse villa for group of 12-20 people?

RajunCajun

DVC member from DFW
I have a small get together coming up. I’m expecting a small crowd

- 2br at OKW. Recently renovated and the largest of the bunch at 1395 square feet

-2 bedroom at kidani. 3 bathrooms, potential for good views, middle size

- treehouse at SSR. Smallest of the three but features outdoor deck encouraging people to move about

It will be for about 3-4 hours. I might be overthinking it but don’t want to get it wrong.

Go for the tree house, that way you wont bother as many people, and security won't be on your back as much. You do know the limit is 9 in a 2 BR?

Go for the tree house, that way you wont bother as many people, and security won't be on your back as much. You do know the limit is 9 in a 2 BR?
But none of them will be able to park at the THV. They would have to park at the Grandstand and walk over to the THV or hop the THV bus from the Grandstand (or is it from the Springs now). Hopefully, it won't rain because then they will all be inside the THV and all wet.

I would be very worried about a group of 20 people making noise in a villa at DVC. THV would be the best place to keep the noise from other guests. And you should be able to book that for a cash stay on the Disney Reservation Center site. Especially if you are looking at an evening event when families with smaller children might be putting them to bed.

The limit is 9 for overnight. For having friends drop by there is no limit. Its like when we have 2 2bdrm and we all meet in one for a few hours, nothing wrong with that. Yes can get loud for our neighbours, but nothing wrong as long as it is not overnight.
Therefore my vote is for OKW for size, next is THV for not disturbing others.

The limit is 9 for overnight. For having friends drop by there is no limit. Its like when we have 2 2bdrm and we all meet in one for a few hours, nothing wrong with that. Yes can get loud for our neighbours, but nothing wrong as long as it is not overnight.
Therefore my vote is for OKW for size, next is THV for not disturbing others.
This attitude is rude, selfish and entitled. You don't know what your neighbors situation is. They could have young kids that go to bed early, an autistic child that is on a schedule, maybe someone in the room is sick, or maybe simply they have an early flight. Is it too much to ask that we respect the rights of others around us? And believe me, if you have a room next to me and are rude and loud, I have no problem knocking on doors and asking you to quiet down. I will get security involved if necessary. I've done it in the past and will do it again if needed.

This attitude is rude, selfish and entitled. You don't know what your neighbors situation is. They could have young kids that go to bed early, an autistic child that is on a schedule, maybe someone in the room is sick, or maybe simply they have an early flight. Is it too much to ask that we respect the rights of others around us? And believe me, if you have a room next to me and are rude and loud, I have no problem knocking on doors and asking you to quiet down. I will get security involved if necessary. I've done it in the past and will do it again if needed.
I think you mistook what I was saying. But I have been beside a family that is just 4 and thought that there were 20 in there with how loud they were. Or next to and near where the cheer teams were.
What was asked was for a few hours, did not sound like it would be late night or overnight.

I think you mistook what I was saying. But I have been beside a family that is just 4 and thought that there were 20 in there with how loud they were. Or next to and near where the cheer teams were.
What was asked was for a few hours, did not sound like it would be late night or overnight.
I hope I misunderstood. But, I don't care if it's 20 or just one person, we should always be respectful of others around us. We like to get early starts and rope drops and we try to be as quiet as church mice. We realize that there are others who may be trying to sleep in. If everyone would show a little common courtesy, the world would be a better place. Also, when I have had to make others aware they are being loud, I am always nice and they usually apologize and quiet down. However, there have been a few times that I have had to get security involved. YMMV

For large groups I always book OKW, unless someone in the party has a "must do" resort. The rooms are larger, if you get a 2 bedroom lock-off the chances are you'll be on the end of a building, so it should be quieter and gives those in the studio portion a bit of privacy. I assume you're not talking about putting 12 to 20 people in one DVC unit for overnight, as they wouldn't even fit well in a Grand Villa, 12 is the limit and it would be cramped, and DVC/Disney would not book it for you, they only book within occupancy limits. 2 bedrooms sleep up to 9 at OKW, and even that is a bit crowded. For you group size, I'd go for 2-2 bedroom units, and either an additional studio or 1 bedroom. For a group of 16 a few years ago, we did 2-2 bedroom lock-offs and a one bedroom. It worked out well.

Last edited:
You'd need a two night reservation at a minimum to hold your event. Check in time is after 4PM (that could mean 5PM or later) and unless your event is later in the evening, you don't have much time to get ready. Then you have to be out of the villa by 11AM the next morning. So you couldn't prepare one evening and have the event the next without booking another night. Why not just book a Disney restaurant for a few hours instead? Or book something off site for your event. Parking all your guests could also be a problem if they come in separate vehicles.

If you are planning on renting points to book this, would you even be able to find an owner who would risk their membership by you having an event with 12-20 people in the villa they are responsible for?

I think the OP might want to think of other guests staying around him. Is a Disney hotel room really the place for a "small crowd" having a "get together"? To me this translates as having a party with as many as 20 people. Even 20 people talking at a normal tone will be very loud and that's without music.

How about having your party at the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs?

I vote for the THVs, for the reason you also can have people on your deck. When your done, you can all walk/boat to DTD for more drinking and eating :), plus you can have your party without too many others noticing.

I think that either OKW or THV make the most sense if you want to have a get together with others for a few hours of your stay because one has larger rooms and the other is a bit isolated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter