• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani 2bdrm standard view room requests

VirataMama4

DIS Veteran
We have a 2 bedroom standard view room booked for this September. I remember seeing that some savannah views were reclassified as standard views because they were partially blocked or obstructed for some reason. Does anyone know of a 2 bedroom that falls under the reclassification?

TIA

The rooms you are referring to are mainly those in the sixth building unit from the lobby on the north side of Kidani that overlook Pembe savanna. Possible requests to achieve getting one of those are: (a) close to Pumba elevator (it is the name of the particular elevator that is in that area); (b) close to the standard view grand villas (the only two standard view grand villas are also right in thast area). Views in those rooms are not actually blocked. It is just that the fence defining the outer limit of the savanna comes way in toward the building in that area thus creating a narrow area where animals are more likely to just pass through rather than stop and remain.

The online checkin had a Pembe request option, and that narrow area is what I got for my 1BR.

We have a 2 bedroom standard view room booked for this September. I remember seeing that some savannah views were reclassified as standard views because they were partially blocked or obstructed for some reason. Does anyone know of a 2 bedroom that falls under the reclassification? TIA

We are the same situation. When are you vacationing?

Thank you everyone! Put in our requests, and I guess we'll see what we get. :goodvibes I wasn't too concerned with the view (more worried about points, lol), because we've stayed plenty of times. But the in-laws are joining us, and DFIL, who doesn't get excited about anything, is beyond excited to be staying at AKV :cloud9:. Just want to help make his dream come true. :wizard:

actopp1017 we'll be there Sept. 6th-12th. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter