kid size fanny packs???

wdwdreaming

Earning My Ears
I can't seem to find any kids size fanny packs (for 4yr.old)...any suggestions
on where to look??

I ended up getting regular size fanny packs & then just adjusting the straps & sewing the ends to fit my young children. It was difficult to find small size ones.

Once in awhile you can find them at the Disney Store. I've also found them at Target and Toys R Us. Be sure to look in the bicycle section too, sometimes they have packs that can attach to your bike AND can be used as a fanny pack. One year we got a really cute one for my son from the bike department, it even had a holder for his water bottle!

If you're buying luggage as well, sometimes they have the 3 piece luggage sets for kids that includes a small fanny pack. I have seen these at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

If you can wait until you get to Disney, they usually have them at World of Disney in Downtown Disney and you can find assorted ones in various gift shops throughout Disney World as well.

Good luck finding one!

Target has them in the camping section made by "coleman kids". Wallmart/K-mart sometimes have them by Fisher Price in either the camping or luggage section. You can order some cute ones at www.oshkosh.com. I have recently seen a cute "Dora the explorer's backpack" in a fannypack style at TRU.

WDW had some minnie mouse fp's at the Contemporary and some Pooh at the Animal kingdom.

TJ

My neice got one last Dec at a store in Magic Kingdom (I'm not sure which one). You could call WDW and ask them, it was a "minnie" one, real cute. I know if you call WDW you can buy just about anything in the parks from them. Found that out when nephew wanted to be Indiana Jones for halloween and needed the whip. Good Luck!

I ordered them from Oshkosh online - about 6.95 each. However, as small as they are, I still can't adjust the strap to fit my quite thin 4 yo. The equally thin 8 yo was ok, and the size 14 10yo, obviously, had no problem. We took them to Dollywood and I ended up carrying mine plus the two younger kids' packs. We are now re-thinking the whole fanny pack for kids idea.

I got kid size fanny packs with water bottles for our boys. They are really well made and we'll be able to use them for years. We've already tried them out at Six Flags and the zoo. The only one of the kids that takes it off is my oldest!! I specifically wanted ones with water bottles, and I'm very happy I did. Believe me, with 5 boys, I take every opportunity to find ways to avoid delays!! They are pricey - $24 each, and I thought long and hard before purchasing, but I'm very happy with them.

day hiker bundles

I have also noticed kid fanny packs on http://www.ebags.com reasonably priced - I believe they were in the clearance section . Ebags often has special codes/offers for $ off, free ship, % off etc so look around to find a good code to use before purchasing.
Sometimes stores will give away kid size ones for free - cost cutters did a while ago , also son just came home from Dr's office today w a fanny pack from a drug company . Check out Dollar stores and other discounters as well.

Direct link to a kid fanny pack at ebags

http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?ModelID=7926&bb_id=c1436&ProductList_31_Link=Details

Lillian Vernon, which is a catelog company also has them. They are with the kids luggage and school supplies. They will also personalize them. I had them just put the kids initials on them, since I didn't want to have their names out for everyone to see (you know, come here Kaylie, your mom said I should bring you to her???)

I also had the problem with the straps being too big. I got them fanny packs when the kids were 3 1/2 and 5, and they had to be taped down. They are now 8 1/2 and 10, and they are still too big, but the tape is holding up fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter